• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • (NEW!) [GB2] Ligress's Aotona Hunt v1.0

Discussion in 'Gatherbuddy 2 Profiles' started by Ligress, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ligress

Ligress Member

[GB2] Ligress's Aotona Hunt

LigressAotona.png

Welcome to my very first profile, made with BadWolf's remastered ZapRecorder2, original by Zapman. (Thank you so much for getting that back online!) Please be gentle; I just wanted a VERY simple profile solely for taming Aotona that lacked the clutter of all these other profiles that didn't seem to path through her spawn zone in Sholazar... and for the life of me, I couldn't find an uncomplicated profile that did it. So I made one, and it found her for me this morning, as it were :3 Test run success! So I now bring it to the folks like me who want to keep it simple... who have Loque and King Krush already, or just don't care about them and want this pretty blue birdie for their own.

TL;DR: What does this thing do already!?
      >.>; Kay, sheesh... This is a GatherBuddy2 farming profile dedicated solely to pathing through Aotona's spawn points in Sholazar Basin in Northrend. While using the Rarekiller plugin, upon finding Aotona, it will land and attempt to tame her. Rarekiller settings can be altered (under the Slowfall tab) to give an audio warning when she is found if the player instead wishes to switch to manual mode to tame her once she has been located.

Why Aotona?
      Because... Aotona needs some love, too! I see all these Loque'nahak profiles... these Loque/King Krush profiles... heck, massive Spirit Beast farming profiles... but nobody thought to spare the poor bird some love of her own! So here's her very own profile, made by yours truly!

Needed Plugins:
      Rarekiller

Optional Plugins:
      RareAlerter

How Do I Use It Right?
      1. Choose GatherBuddy2 as your botbase.
      2. Under Class Config, scroll down to the Pets category, and next to "Disable Pet Usage," select "True." This will make your toon keep all pets put away.
      3. In the Rarekiller plugin settings, go to the tab labeled "Tamer," make sure "don't kill tameable Mobs" is checked, along with Aotona's box under "Default Pets to tame."
      4. Choose your wanted settings for GatherBuddy2; keep in mind that this path doesn't go past too many nodes of anything, so you will not get that much in the way of raw materials!
      5. Clear bag-space on your toon if needed.
      6. FOR THE LOVE OF PEACE TEA, CLEAR A SLOT FOR YOUR NEW PET! That would suck to find her only to discover that your portable stable was full and you couldn't tame her!

Are There Repair Capabilities?
      Yes! The bot will fly to the Nesingwary camp to avoid any rep issues with the Oracles or Frenzyheart.

Are There Mailbox Capabilities?
      Yes! Again, the bot will go to the Nesingwary camp. I did my best to mark hotspots to avoid getting stuck on the tent when trying to mail things, and it worked fine for me so far, but if others have issues, let me know!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
      -I have not run this full 100% AFK yet; any findings anyone can provide on such runs if they run into issues will help, thanks!
      -I realize it gets stuck on the little trees a lot, but they're minor sticks that the bot seems easily able to fix. In the future, I will do a new version with the bot flying high above the trees instead of low to the ground.
      -With the note above in mind: THIS BOT FLIES LOW TO THE GROUND AND WILL BE SEEN BY PEOPLE QUESTING/PATHING THROUGH THE AREA. Yeah, I know, wasn't the best plan, but it's my first profile. ._.; Again, I'll make a new one soon.

View attachment [GB2]Ligress's Aotona Hunt v1.0.xml

2. version

version New Member

Once I revive my hunter account Ill give it a try. Never actually even noticed Aotona existed. cool pet