• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • nice to have: UserDialog / HTML

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by derFalke, May 15, 2017.

1. derFalke

derFalke Member

Hi,

sometimes something has to be done like the macrobinocular quest, then it would be nice to integrate pictures what the user has to do. I would like to suggest instead of "plain text" integrate HTML as Content, so a HTML page can be next to the file and it would be possible to show complex informations like what the user has to click or what he has to scan (in pictures), if the bot can not do that.

2. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

Nice idea, you should always post feature requests here so they don't get lost.

3. derFalke

derFalke Member

okey i will post all my ideas there in the next 48 hours :D
      thanks

4. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

Please don't forget that HTML can contain malicious code too so I would suggest NOT adding HTML.

5. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

Good point

6. derFalke

derFalke Member

The Bot cannot handle everything like macrobinocular quest. To show the user, what the user has to do a picture should be integrated, maybe with <ShowPicture>, but then a combo like headline, picture and notes would be the best possibility than. HTML has some disadvantage but is very flexibel. HTML Is easy to integrate, if you care about HTML problems a moderater can test the HTML Files before, e.g.
      In fact, the actual state of the userdialog is not really satisfied of all issues which should it be or the bot should be more enhanced that the bot can handle more stuff so a better userdialog is useless.

7. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

If we allow HTML, we'd allow arbitrary execution of JavaScript unless we go severely out of our way to prevent that from executing. Without proper control of what can run and what can't, we can't guarantee our user's safety. I like the idea, but in its current form unfortunately I don't think it's viable.

8. derFalke

derFalke Member

Other Suggestion:
      Box for Multi-Language: Englisch/French/German which are in the game, the programm takes the langues settings from the OS and displays alternativ textes.

first a headline headline
      then picture
      then in each language a text, not every german can really speak english, most of them uses only scripts - if it is working fine if it is not working - bad bot - so it would be more than nice for other language some supports

btw, how can i make a \n in the box of Userdialog?

I would also display a Information (lightly transparent in a box which is always shown - and can use colors e.g. : [red]Important[/red]) what can happen in that stage the bot is acutally doing stuffs, like sometimes a mob is behind a obstacle the bot wants to attack but is casting all the time but cannot reach him so (other method from the bot would be that he lets start the fight by the companion [strg+1]) so the user should do something maybe or what he has to take care of in that stage if something happens.