• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • NoobRage - Holy Priest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ama, May 10, 2012.

1. Soeski

Soeski Member

I've been reading here as well, while using the Disc CC. Nonetheless, I see the same issues occuring here as in de Disc CC. They seem to both have the same logic (same programmer? ;))
      I have to intervene quite a lot, when healing. Sometimes it just let's the group take dmg before it starts healing, or even let the tank die while trying to Smite Heal a dps.
      This is based on the Disc CC, but happens here as well I can see.

So, issues I notice in Disc, but also applied to Holy as I can see:
      - Renew not working at all, although configured at 95%
      - Not topping off hp; when health of a party member is between 60-75% it does not heal them at all. It only Smite heals. Healing to 100% with Heal/Greater Heal only AFTER combat has ended (or health drops lower than that)
      - Letting tank take a lot of dmg, before starting to Flash Heal, trying to compensate with Smite/Holy cast
      - Actually prefers to Smite/Holy heal and letting other group members take dmg
      - Buffing PW:F and Shadow Protection every minute (literally every minute, always +59 minutes up)
      - Slow to react; starts healing late (first group member is <90% health before starting to do anything other than Penance / Shield
      - Not prioritizing tank, so tank dies while healing dps
      - Not Mass Dispelling

Important note:
      Healing in Disc while NOT Smite specced is perfect!! It's fast, it's accurate, it's ... using more mana. :)
      Still buffing every minute, not prioritizing the tank, but... a lot better than Smite specced.

Also cross-posted this in Disc thread, so ppl might benefit somehow from both posts.

2. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Well, I don't use disc spec, but some of the issues are present in the holy CC as well. Renew is not working, i don't know why. It hardly ever uses it. The slow reaction is also present. It takes a long time to react, and sometimes, the tank dies. It also casts power word fortitude and shadow protection very often, even if all party members are already buffed.
      Can you please check it out Ama?

3. Ama

Ama New Member

Im looking at the buffing...

If you have spec that uses evangelism, make sure you have glyph of smite. If you don't have it, non of your smites will hit, which means you won't get your evangelism stacks.

If it is going slow, I need a log. I need this so I can tell if we are getting errors in code, or logical errors from me.

4. Ama

Ama New Member

Crap, sorry dude. I was screwing around with pvp stuff. I didn't think those spells would cast against non-players. Ty for log.

*Fixed*

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    5. Perkaan

Perkaan New Member

Hey man. I can't get the CC to work with HB. Im using LazyRaider but it cant fint your CC in the customclass folder.

It just says "Could not find a routine fitting for your class. Please make sure you have a proper combat class routine in your folder, and restart Honorbuddy." Even tho i've done same stuff with other CC's.

6. 15outland

15outland New Member

Did you download it via the SVN?

7. Perkaan

Perkaan New Member

It was a rookie misstake... It works now!

8. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

i stil use raphus awsome priest cc but i dont know if i can post it:) its working great for me

9. Ama

Ama New Member

10. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Have you had the chance to check what's happening to renew? It needs to be up on tanks, renew is for holy what hw:shield is for disc...

11. Ama

Ama New Member

Yeah, I worked in offtank renew. I think the offtank only gets renew when he has agro. Havent looked in a while.

12. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

So, is there a new version in your SVN?

13. Ama

Ama New Member

The last time I updated was a couple weeks ago. No one has really said anything and I don't really play wow right now, so I havent been working on it.

14. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

Hi,

i compared this one to CLU and i found out a major issue (or maybe two^^)

- no chakra dance for HolyPriests
      - to fast oom ( i couldn't really explain u why, cause i'm not actively playing a healing priest (holy nor disci), but with a decent gearlevel of 380, it should have much more mana than for a fightlength of 1 minute or 1 and a half minute (incl. CD-Usage!))

15. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Well, i have exact the same problem. I think i know why it runs oom so fast... It casts FLASH HEAL a lot... and when I say a lot, I mean an AWFUL LOT. The thing is... flash heal should be cast to get two stacks of serendipity, but it should be cast ONLY if your mana allowed it... it should be a clever casting, which the CC is not doing. It also casts HOLY WORD: Sanctuary (Sanctuary Chakra) all the time... Everytime it is off cooldown, it casts is... it is like casting healing rain all the time with a shaman... Since priest class doesn't have a way to gain mana back FAST (such as telluric currents), it runs oom very, very quickly. Ama needs to tweak this two spells to emulate human behavior... Because of this, I can't use this class anymore. It is good for heroics, running with Serenity Charka, but as soon as i set a foot into Raid Finder, everything turns upside down. In DeathWing, i run OOM in the second platform... so, basically the raid lose a healer for the last two platforms...

16. Ama

Ama New Member

okay... sounds like adding an extra condition for sanctuary and flash heal will help a lot. I had a chakra dance in when I started and I didn't like it. The only time ive turned wow on in the last 3 weeks was to try out CLU. And I really dont know much about holy priest. Plus my gear level is through the roof. Ill point out the problem areas and my suggestions, let me know if you have any...

Apart from flash heals normal place in the rotation, It is present earlier in the rotation to keep serendipity stacks.

Flash Heal Conditions
      -hp < 80
      -No Serendipity/Serendipity stacks<2/Serendipity time left<3.5

I can see how this is a lot of flash heal. I think a good solution would be to only do this if we need to use heavy AOE healing.

Holy Word: Sanctuary Conditions
      -currently just on cd

For this, I can add settings for #of people and HP.

I have some time in between classes today, so ill put an update up. If you have any other you want post them in the next couple hours.

17. kendecray

kendecray New Member

An option to disable Sanctuary so the player can control its placement, Often times youll need to use it for a certain phase or certain boss ability and the bot wont know how to use it properly

18. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Ok, I think FH should be cast only when someone is about to die, and you don't have time to cast other spell. ShamWoW uses it at 19%, and it works great. (I know Shamwow is for Shamen, but the spell is just the same, a fast and expensive spell). Bear in mind than GH costs just about the same amount of mana, and heals much more.
      For Raids i don't think you need Chackra dancing. In fact, it does fine staying in sanctuary all the time. Holy priests are AOE healers in raids.
      Holy is an easy spec to play, i think the hardest part is to keep our mana, since it's easy to get excited and cast HW:S and PoH all the time... I think this is what needs to happen:

1) Keep RENEW on tanks at all times, and occasionally on a dps player.
      2) Keep PoM bouncing, always start with main tank
      3) Use CoH any time it?s off cooldown and is needed, in preference to PoH. (4+ players stacked taking damage)
      4) Combine PoH with CoH when the damage is moderate.
      5) Use HW:S when the group is taking HAEAVY damage.
      6) If you're taking damage, use BH (as it builds serendipity stacks)
      7) On low damage stages, and if there's nothing else to do, use heal.
      8) Use GH on tanks instead of FH, if they're between 30-50% of their health. (This is not mandatory, since we're not tank healers, just make sure we're not going to cast FH on tanks at 50%)
      9) Try not to use flash heal unless it's really necessary. (I think you can use it in two situations: If tanks are about to die and if there's nothing else to do and you have full mana, just to build serendipity stacks).

If you make some updates, let me know. I will change my enchants and some talents for more mana regen, and i'll test it in RF. I have Priest ilvl 390.

19. Ama

Ama New Member

Update
      -Resurrection will take place before healing out of combat
      -No more flash heal for serendipity stacks
      -Binding heal moved above PoH and CoH, but given a minimum(4)
      ---so if target has hp<40, no binding healing
      -CoH moved above PoH in rotation
      -Sanctuary has 3 new settings
      --UseSanctuary(if you want to cast on your own)
      --Sanctuary#(default 3)
      --SanctuaryHP(default 80)
      -No more keep renew on offtank
      --Renew still kept on maintank
      --instead, lowest aggroed player gets renewed in each cycle of rotation

20. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Ama, great update! I will test it as soon as I get home. (I'm in the office right now). I have a couple of questions:
      1) Is it possible to set up Sanctuary to use a combination of both features? I mean, 3 players with < 80% HP... (Who are stacked together of course). This is the way Healing Rain works in ShamWoW, taking on consideration both the number of players and their HP. And it works really well.
      2) Is the CC taking on consideration the "Surge of Light" talent? When it procs, it basically lets you cast a free FH. (Instant, and no mana cost). It can be used to build serendipity stacks. Perhaps you can set it up to cast FH on the most injured player each time Surge of Light procs.
      3) When you set up the class to use Sanctuary manually... how does it work? Because always, when I try to cast something manually, the CC overrides it with its own casting... I mean, in the time it takes for me to place the sanctuary spell on the floor, the CC will cancel it and cast its own spell... So, how does this manual setting work?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012