• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • NoobRage - Holy Priest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ama, May 10, 2012.

1. MaxMuster

MaxMuster Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

2. langers

langers Member

Hi all, I am running the latest version of noobrage and yet my healer still insists on buffing fort over and over while in dungeons, anybody worked out how to disable buffing so I can do it manually, apart from that its perfect?

3. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Ama,
      I tested your CC a lot... Well, you did solve the mana issues. But you paid a very high price: The HPS went down AN AWFUL LOT. First of all, it doesn't cast FLASH HEAL at all, sometimes it should be cast... Not at much as before, but still (at least, when surge of light procs, since it's free and instant)... Second of all, it doesn't cast HW:S much... I mean, it used to cast it on cool-down, but now it casts it every now and then... It just casts Heal, PoM, CoH and PoH... Which is kinda good, but doesn't take full advantage of the spec , and thus, it makes the priest the lowest healer of the raid...
      The setting for Divine Hymn doesn't work. I set it for 30% health, knowing that peroth'arn lowers the health of all players to that point, just to see if the CC cast Divine Hymn, and it didn't.
      I also find its reaction time slower than before. Last version used to cast spell all the time, now, I see the toon just standing there sometimes, while other players are taking damage.
      Anyway, I went back to your old release, it was ineffective in terms of mana management, but at least it used to place me in the second or third position of the healing meters...
      I want to help you improve the CC. Perhaps if you have questions about the spec you can ask me, I can define the desired behavior for you.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    4. Ama

Ama New Member

Ok, Ill play some wow for 4th of july I think. The HW:S settings are kinda low. 3 people below 80 is a lot to ask really. I think it might actually be 3 people around the a person too, that's even more to ask. I've been trying to work on swtor, but the queue times are terrible sometimes.

How was binding heal? When I made the last update, I was a little worried it might be too high on the list.

5. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

View attachment DoubtfulCow.cs
      Hey Ama! I made a few tweaks myself. Here's the file, check it out.
      I ended up 3er in Raid Finder and had almost all my mana.
      PS: I put PoH before CoH in the CC, but i the setting CoH is set at 94 and 2 ppl, PoH is set at 85 and 2 ppl, HW:S is set to 75 and 3 ppl. Heal is set to 95. FH is set to 10. GH is set to 20. GS is set to 9. (i used some ideas from ShamWoW to set the each value)
      So, it basically casts what it should cast... Heal, CoH, PoM, PoH and HW:S
      I took out the Binding Heal mod, cause i want to change something there as well. I'll put it back tomorrow and test a little bit longer.
      I want to add a clause so that if the healer and one player are < 70 and manapercent > 80 it will cast BH. I know how to check the mana percent, I learnt it from ShamWoW. So, it will make the BH clause smarter...

The only thing i could not figure out is some delay it has... i don't know why, but every now and then the cc displays the message "Parties Updated" and it lags a little... Do you have an idea what's happening?

6. Ama

Ama New Member

HB only keeps track of the local Players party members. So I have to make lists and keep track of who is in the parties for counting CoH. On my machine, it is not a big deal at all.

Look in Helpers.cs.. go to bottom of file, you will see "UpdateParties()"... add "&& !StyxWoW.Me.Combat" after you see you see the 15 seconds part. Maybe even change that 15 to an 8 or something. But that will stop it from updating you parties while you are in combat.

Thanks for you update. Ill use it when I play tomorrow. So holy priests dont use greater heal and flash heal that much? I have always use about 30/70/90 for my fast/medium/heal abilities for all healing CCs.

7. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Well, the thing is: Greater Heal and Flash Heal are not used in raid mode. I learnt something from ShamWoW, which has different spell priorities depending on the scenario. If you are in 5 men heroics, you'll use Serenity Chakra and Single Target Spells, If you're in Raid, You'll use Multi Target Spells. I tweaked the CC for raid only, whit these settings it will do really bad in 5 men heroics...
      Holy Priests are not tank healers, and since no CC can do EVERYTHING, i would rather focus in Multitarget and AOE healing. This morning while i was driving to the office, I thought about some updates I will try tonight:
      1) If mana > 90 and (no serendipity or 1 stack serendipity) -> Flash HEAL
      2) if player.hp < 70 and target hp < 70 and player's mana > 70 -> Binding HEAL
      (We're using Flash Heal and Binding Heal just to build serendipity stacks. I also changed one condition in the CC, if we already have 1 serendipity stack it will cast Flash Heal again. The first Flash Heal however should be free since it will only cast it when surge of light procs).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    8. langers

langers Member

Hi guys, noob question, is there a way to stop it casting when not in range or line of sight.. im using lazy raider and if im aroudn a corner etc it spams spells it cant cast and it looks like a bot ?

9. Ama

Ama New Member

Cool, I'm about to check it out now. Idk why holy priest gotta be so hard. :p

10. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Ama, I did some improvements over my previous version. I haven't tested it yet because i'm at the office, I'll do it as soon as i get home. You can check it out, I commented the changes I made. Now it manages Mana, Builds serendipity Stacks in a smart way, Casts GS only on tank, takes on consideration Serendipity when it decides to cast PoH or CoH, etc.
      Please let me know what do you think.

Attached Files:

11. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

you can add tar.InLineOfSpellSight to all cast conditions, I thought about that but i'm never out of LoS... i'm always right besides the other players...

I think it's so hard because of the delicate balance between the number of spells it has, the HPS and the mana mangement. I have yet to see a perfect Holy rotation. I have even tried PQR, and it is worse...
      Nevertheless, for shamen (both in PQR and Honorbuddy) there are GREAT rotations... (They basically cast two uber-powerful healing spells and one to recover mana... So, they're always top healers and don't have mana issues). Holy priests are different...

12. Ama

Ama New Member

Thanks, I tried the previous one out and it did petty well. I think I might add an aoe check to prayer of mending. During times of heavy damage, prayer of mending is thrown out and eaten immediately. Since it is in the tank check, it runs before the healing priorities.

Also, if the best guardian spirit implementation is to cast only on tank, im going to move it up to the tank check.

13. Ama

Ama New Member

I used to have that in the CanCast check. I think I took it out when I was trying to get some spell to work. Ill put it back in.

14. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

let me know what do you think of the latest changes I sent you. (Haven't tested them yet, it's pure logic)

15. Ama

Ama New Member

Update
      -hbaioni Holy Priest changes made (Holy Priest settings adjusted too)
      -DispelManager now checks for Frostflake/Water Entrenchment (for heroic purposes)
      -CastManager now checks InLineOfSpellSight for all casts

16. Ama

Ama New Member

It worked well. I had everything but the CoH/PoH settings swap part. It seems like a good change. I'm going to mess with prayer of mending a little now.

17. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

I think some things are not working as intended... i can't see the problem in the code. First of all, the CoH/PoU swap doesn't work... Even though it has 2 serendipity stacks, it casts CoH... And something weird happens, it remains idle A LOT of time... Also, it casts FH a lot more... i also notices that the message "parties updates" shows much less than before... did you change something related to that procedure?

18. MaxMuster

MaxMuster Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

With Flash Heal you got 1 Stack of Serendipity, so yit should cast:

0 or 1 Stacks of Serendipity = Flash Heal
      2 Stacks of Serendipity = Greater Heal

Serendipity - Spell - World of Warcraft

and not only if player mana > 90%.
      i think if player mana > 40-50% should be a good value.

On how much % is he Casting "Desperate Prayer"?

Since the last 1-2 Updates i have the Problem that i have lots of mana, but the HPS are going down ;-(

On Ultraxion i have 80-90% of my Mana over the fight but i'm only rang 6 in the healing list:
      Unbenannt.png
      and i had the red crystal how gives 100% for every heal.

19. Ama

Ama New Member

I fixed the PoH/CoH thing. For prayer of healing, you have to actually set a target for the spell. Then you don't have to check for numbers, you just check if the target is null or not.

-The parties were set to update every 15 seconds before. I changed it to 5sec out of combat.

20. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Somehow it remains idle for a very large amount of time... Even though people are taking damage... I tried the first file i sent you, and it worked well... (second in recount and 50% mana left at the end of Ultraxion). But this last one doesn't work quite well for me. Perhaps there's something wrong with my Honorbuddy installation... I mean, people are saying that CLU works well for discs priests, and when i try it, it barely heals... (it also freezes my HB).
      I will try a clean HB install...

The problem is not related to the parties i think, because i downloaded you latest version from SVN and just replaced the Holy class with the one I sent you earlier this morning.