• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • NoobRage - Holy Priest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ama, May 10, 2012.

1. MaxMuster

MaxMuster Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

You should add something like this for Greater Healing:

because

so you have more healing, for less mana by the same cast time

i dont know if it will better before or after

and i would set

before:

and you should add the spell "Power Word: Shield"

and i made some changes for the Proc of Surge of Light:

but i dont know if its good or not ^^

i will test my cc changes later ^^

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    2. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Well', i don't agree with that. Holy priests are not tank healers, we shouldn't cast Greater Heal AT ALL. If you check recount, you'll see that no-one casts GREATER HEAL. It's all about keeping PoM bouncing, CoH for light damage, PoH for moderate damage and HW:S for heavy damage. The only reason to cast FLASH HEAL is not because of its healing amount, it's just to build serendipity stacks. So, FLASH HEAL should be cast each time SURGE OF LIGHT procs, no matter what (and if you have some mana to spare). Even if someone is about to die, i wouldn't cast FH... just because it is single target. AOE healing takes priority over ST healing. The only Single Target spell we should cast is Guardian Spirit, and only on tanks...
      Holy priests do not use PW: Shield, because it is weak. Glyphed and Talented renew, is way better than PW:Shield (for Holy priests). The only reason i can think of to cast PW:Shield is to give tanks a 30% speed boost, but to be able to do that, we should get the talent "Body and Soul". (Which is a talent many Holy priests ignore).
      Finally, Surge of Light has nothing to do with Greater Heal, i don't know why are you create a clause to cast Greater Heal if Surge of Light Procs... Surge of Light just gives us a free, instant, FLASH HEAL.

3. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

a priest never stands still, if none, he heals with lesser heal... other then that, the above is correct!

4. MaxMuster

i test my changes now and then i can see it if its better or not

//Edit: Fight against Zon'ooz.

My Changes: 10k HPS
      SVN Version: 7k HPS

[​IMG]

I'm on the last place ;-(

here is what the priest from top of the list cast:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

and thats what your SVN CC cast:

[​IMG]

5. Ama

Ama New Member

Well one cool thing about NoobRage is that its easy for users to adjust their rotation. (given they can figure out which cow they are). I like the changes hbaioni has made and I have committed them to the svn.

My only question here is.. are we still looking to build serendipity stacks when we are taking heavy damage?

This weekend, I will look into an option window like what FelMaster had. With felmaster, you could chose between user submitted rotations for you class. That way, people would have more choices and not have to worry about their stuff getting overwritten during svn updates.

6. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Answering to your question: No, we should not attempt to build serendipity stacks when the raid is taking heavy damage. We would need to heal proactively, i mean, for example, we should cast a HW:Sanctuary in Deathwing when the players are about to get heavy damage from blistering tentacles, but this is something we can not code... I mean, the bot is unable to "predict" damage... so, we should better focus in enhance the AoE healing.

I made a few more tweaks yesterday. It was very, very good. I ended up second in Ultraxion and BlackHorn (LFR), and i had half of my mana bar. There is a problem with the syntax, Me.HasAura("Surge of Light") seems to return true everytime, so, it was casting Flash Heal like a madman... I commented it out yesterday and it performed very well (casting CoH, PoH, PoM and HW:S) but without taking advantage of serendipity. I'm trying to fix it as we speak... (I think i have found the right syntax, but i'll let you know in the night).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    7. MaxMuster

Maybe this helps:

i changed all "Me.HasAura" to "isAuraActive" and now it looks like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    8. Ama

Ama New Member

Updated SVN, Me.Auras.ContainsKey is working.

I did a 5 man and used a higher GHeal b/c its 5man. I used Chakra: Serenity the whole time, I really liked the results :)

9. handnavi

handnavi Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I would definately check every buff... sometimes this call failes and hasaura works instead :)

10. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Yes, that's exactly what I used. I have yet to try my updates. I used Me.Auras.ContainsKey for Serendipity and Surge of Light. I also added a clause to cast Flash Heal if Surge of Light is about to expire, even if no-one needs healing.

In 5man with Serenity Chakra works great. (It as working great before all these updates). The main issue is AOE Healing. Yesterday I commented out the aura section (since i didn't know how to fix it at that time) and it performed really well in LFR, I ended up second in both Ultraxion and BlackHorn.

11. MaxMuster

sure that the function "Me.HasAura" works? by Me.HasAura("Serendipity") and the rest?
      i attached my version:

Attached Files:

12. Ama

Ama New Member

Yeah I did a few runs. Theres like 4 different ways to check it. Me.Auras is working as well as Me.ActiveAuras

13. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Ama,
      Well, in 5 men and Serenity Chakra it works flawlessly. The problem is in LFR or DS. I did DS yesterday, and had some problems. The SURGE OF LIGHT aura check doesn't work, neither with Me.Auras nor with Me.ActiveAuras. It cast FH and run OOM very early in the fight... I fixed it by adding a manapercent condition... but it makes the condition useless because when you have SURGE OF LIGHT you don't use mana at all...
      Other than that, it worked quite well. I just had to cast FH when Surge of Light was active, and also Divine Hymn, since it is very situational... I ended up last in recount, but at least i was very close to the others... I think there is no much I can do if the methods don't work...

14. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

I've to correct you ;) The programmer is unable to "predict" (maybe only atm, because he missed it but ... this is no offense, only a hint, that there's much more possible than atm reflected in most CCs)
      The real problem on this is only the logic how to heal, u can heal in a default way an tell the bot to heal this way, or u could give a little bit more love (i think 1 or 2 hours should be enough) and enhance the Combat/Heal-Routine with Encounter-Specific logic

for example blisterings:
      Blisterings are not spawning random, they are spawning at a defined healthpercentage of a specific mob (Wing tentacles), so u could check if HPPercentage is equal or near at 70% (first value they spawn) or 40% (i think this is the second value, could be lower, never checked) and initiate a healing spell of your choice (for exact values and a more accurate timing u can calculate by yourself instead of using HealthPercent)

other Units / Events are time based (these are a lot more difficult, cause the start for HB kicks in a bit later most time)
      some Units / Events are based on Yells or Emotes of a unit (same here, a little bit difficult but possible to detect and prevent)

And some damage is based on mob count (for example corrupted blood on a nontank + healing debuff -> needs a lot more healing than same number on a tank with or without healingdebuff)

All in all it is only a question of How detailled i write my healing (this will blow up the code with some lines (or walls) of code, but shouldn't take effect on performance, cause this is calculated in milliseconds (depends on your system of course)

And last but not least, everyone has the possibility to write is own Oracle Class to examine the current situation and decide to heal different from default logic on specific conditions

It is atm not a problem by the bot, the bot only does what he knows he can do, so if u never told him to HEAL NOW MORE, he can't ever heal more when needed ;)
      I know this is a big problem, but this is a problem which nearly every CC has atm, there isn't (in most cases) an Exception for specific Bosses, they only reflect (with a few exceptions like the Debuff on Yorsai or in some CCs the dispelling of Disrupting Shadows) a default Priority Queue...
      But like a said some lines above, this needs some love (maybe 1 or 2 two hours) to edit the Core of the CC to reflect this conditions for every class, or some more love (1 or two hours PER talenttree /class) to edit every Priority Queue (without changing the Core to support it ... this should be the last way^^)

15. Ama

Ama New Member

I can put some more DS specific logic here, but I haven't really been raiding much lately. It seems like the big thing you guys are talking about is "To use AOE or to not use AOE". It would not be too much of an issue to make a helper bool to check if its ok and one to say "hell yeah, lets AOE". That would not be much trouble.

16. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey!
      You post is interesting... Nevertheless, i have to disagree with it. Don't get me wrong, you're talking about giving the CC a lot of intelligence, which sounds great at first... but they way you want to do it (based on static events) is what i don't like... You can code for example, certain event to fire when blistering tentacles spawn, at 40% of the boss health... but then, blizzard might decide to nerf the instance, and make the tentacles spawn at 20%, not 40%... so, your class would become obsolete in a heartbeat, and you know, blizzard changes things all the time...
      What we need to accomplish here (which by the way, has been done by Bobby53 in ShamWoW) is to create something that works well in ALL SITUATIONS without relating itself to static events. ShamWoW is the best healing CC ever... It is able to heal in every possible situation, it is always the top healer, and it manages the mana extremely well. This is kinda what I'm looking for in a CC...

The CC written by Gilderoy (which you continued) used to be the best for Holy priests. But now it's outdated... in DS is a mana-burning machine... so, with all due respect, I don't think it's just a matter of putting a couple of hours worth of code, otherwise I think you would have done it...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    17. Sippinhaterade

Sippinhaterade Member

Blizzard may nerf things like health or damage i.e. the ds debuff but it is unlikely that the mechanics themselves will be changed; especially this late in the expansion.

18. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

it would never ever handle all situations if it is not coded, and you can only code things for
      - static events (and refine them on blizz changes)
      - current situation of the group
      - timed events
      - emotes (and other hints)
      - everything i can't imagine (and this is the point which makes one CC better than another ;) one dev learned more bout finding and handling situations, anoother dev goes for theorycrafting and would never handle specific situations)

Nothing else is done by Deadly Boss Mod or a human players
      Human Players have only ONE advantage, they can learn from their mistakes (or from doin things again and again and again)
      These learning process has to be reflected with code in a CC by writing down code.
      And some things have to be coded in a Class to reflect something like intelligence
      A Oracle-Class that watches players health for example and calculate time to death of a player on current incoming damage (nothing else does a human player when priorizing whom to heal)
      And this is absolutely not that hard
      - Players max Health, Players Current Health, time last seen, current time -> calculate time to death (of course you have to handle incoming heals on that player, for a human player this is reflected by many unit frames which are telling the human that someone is casting heal on player xyz -> could be checked to ;))

Things like that were done multiple times (Calculating time to death of a unit is done (ignoring / resetting data on gaining health -> has to be refined for Playerhealing), Oracle-Classes already exists (most of the users never seen it cause it is beyond their borders or they missed it)

If mechanics will change, than the human has to learn it and the CC dev has to reflect it in his CC but this is not a big deal (if we do not take into account the time a Dev needs to reflect certains things, and if the CC is still supported)

ShamWoW is really good, i've never looked at the code,but i'm sure their are some specific boss logics (UltimateHealer had these logics too for some / most of the bossfights).
      I do not want to offend Bobby53 or his great work, but Shamans are (in my opinion) the best fucking group healers out there, uncomparable to priests,droods or paladins and you can't compare a priest (nor paladin) to a shaman in same situations.
      Where Priests/Paladins have to wait for a procc to cast ONE spell as instant, Shamans can activate Casting while moving ... Priests/Paladins have to stop moving to grant the same amount of heal to their target/group. Droods have hots (okay can be cast while movig) but have to stop moving too if they wanna grant the same amount of heal :)
      So absolutely not comparable (i understand what you mean, but this is a preference of Shamans and their ability to heal, not an advantage of ShamWoW).

I have to give many respect to Bobby53 and his amount of code he wrote, because i did some attempts to reflect different situations in a Healing-Framework ,before my RealLifeJob took too much time, and i canceled because everytime i started i've seen that it does not match MY needs to a healing CC.

- Fully configurable
      - all classes supported (Healing only)
      - Blacklisting players / Groups
      - Accurate and simple Dispell-Logic to implement new situations like dispelling Disrupting Shadows (or other Debuffs with different Conditions) - i learned a lot the last weeks bout that and could handle this now
      - easy implementing of PVE,PVP,Arena,Raid,Dungeons (most of the situations only needs rearrangig behaviors -> Healing, Dispelling, Cooldowns)

But atm, with MoP release at the horizon, there's much ongoing with some (currently) private development for Healers and i'm sure there will be a release for all the healers out there, which have the same demand to a CC like me.
      While updating Ultimate and supporting some devs with code snippets, hints to solutions i noticed that it is very hard to code for specific class without knowing anything bout that class, but it is easy to provide a framework to give others the ability to create healing logics.
      So it needs not only a dev, it needs someone who understand the class ! (and i think this is an advantage of bobby53 he really knows the Shaman! other devs (still no offense against other devs) have not that knowledge cause theiy write for to many classes :))

19. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

You're right about many things Storm, but not about ShamWoW. The advantage you're pointing at (shaman ability to cast while it is moving) is something that ShamWoW (currently) doesn't do. It just uses spiritwalker's grace (the talent that allows the shaman to move) for the haste buff, but it doesn't cast anything while moving. Bobby53 is working on it as far as I know, but for the time being, shamen are as static as any other class when using ShamWoW.
      Other than that, what you said is true. Bobby knows his class, and he is focusing ONLY on shamen. I think it's ok if you want to create something for multiple classes, but it will never be as good as something created for just ONE CLASS. As you said, one has to know his class...
      Holy Priests and Resto Shamen are not as different as you may think. They have one big AOE healing spell, which is cast on the floor... (S: Healing Rain - P:Sanctuary) they have 1 Multitarget spell which is cast on the player (S:Chain Heal - P: Prayer of Healing), one HoT Spell which is cast on the player (S: Riptide - P: Renew), One Shield(S:Earth Shield - P:power word Shield), and in the case of the priest, it has some other useful spells such as Circle Of Healing (another AOE Spell), Prayer of Mending (Multitarget Healing Spell).
      So... I don't think that shamen are overpowered compared to other classes, i think similar results could be achieved with a holy priest, in terms of healing numbers of course... I think the key here is in the CC itself, not the class...

Other than that, i'm interested in these private developments for healers you're talking about. If you could point me in the right direction, i will be very appreciated. I would gladly donate for a Priest or Druid CC, as long as the CC is at the same level than ShamWoW.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    20. Ama

Ama New Member

We could easily design a class for this, but idk is the average user's machine(I assume gets 20fps) could handle it. I have already heard complaints about NoobRage being sluggish.

I have wanted to do something like this, but I don't have too much motivation to much beyond rotation tweaking before MoP comes out.