• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • NoobRage - Holy Priest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ama, May 10, 2012.

1. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

i know your problem :D same for me

2. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

There's a big difference between Priests and Shamans
      Especially or Chain Heal vs Prayer of Healing (and this does the big difference in Healing Output)
      While Chain Heal is jumping "intelligent" between all players in a raid, Prayer of Healing only heals the Targets subgroup (this is a problem every CC-Dev has to work out to get the best group to be used on), so the Healing is much higher for Chain Heal in most cases than for Prayer of Healing
      Your comparisons are right that every class (or most classes) have nearly the same abilities, but for shamans are the mechanics much better
      Rain goes on raid (all members staying in the rain will be healed), Chain Heal goes on raid (The cast decides by hisself where to jump (most injured )), where Priests has to select the right group
      in worst case that means u have sanctuary up and heal your party for a low value + PoH up heal max 5 members (in most cases u get only 2 or 3, and maybe some heal goes to overhealing), Chain Heal goes to a target I choose (or the CC) and jumps to the most injured (nearly no overheal)
      I know we could discuss this many many many Hours, the pros and cons bout healing classes ;)
      U r right with your standing, and i'm too :D

For the private developments: these are (atm) only ideas from me how i would like to have a healing CC (and only healing (incl. CDs, dispelling,maybe facing), no movement, no support for BG planned cause i do know nothing bout pvping) for raiding (nhc and hc) or dungeons.

Most of my problems are the usability, fast switching values for different bosses, fast ignoring members to be healed and so on, without restarting.
      Ultimate was a good teacher to me, and has had much of the things i would like to see in this CC but it has had over (and this is really very much) 600 possible Settings per class (Paladin, HPriest, DPriest) which i could break down to only (around) 40 per class.
      And this is still very much for setting it up, and i've not found an easy way to adjust them fast, and add new settings easily (for Singular as example u need one line for a new setting, Ultimate u needed 20 lines of code for a new settings -> Singular bad design for fast changing values, Ultimate good design... u need something between :D)

So ... i'm still thinking bout such a CC and the more i think bout the more i want this and that ... and the Core is growing (atm only in my head) more and more (and this is the wrong way of starting development, u'll need a fix state u wanna reach before u begin to develop...i need a good concept paper ... which i'm working on atm)

3. Ama

Ama New Member

I'm guessing you want to use BT for your project?

4. pasdoy

pasdoy New Member

why so much flash heal

5. Ama

Ama New Member

its for serendipity stacks

6. pasdoy

pasdoy New Member

my 85 priest full t13 have mana issue in normal dungeons. I tried the edited version and was really better on the mana issue side. Too much flash heal!

7. Ama

Ama New Member

I find that hard to believe.. Ive ran quite a few heroic dungeons with t13 and have no mana issue. Are you using sanctuary or serenity?

8. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey AMA,
      As I told you before, Neither Me.Auras, Me.ActiveAuras, or Me.HasAura work for the SURGE OF LIGHT check. So, basically, the CC casts FLASH HEAL all the time when hp < 80. That's why ppl notice it... I tried all the variations and could not make it work. So, basically, I added another condition: Me.ManaPercent >80. Although, it basically ruins the whole condition, since SURGE OF LIGHT doesn't consume mana, so, we shouldn't have to check for mana percent...
      This is the only way i found to make it work... And it's not working as intended. But this is a HB flaw, it has nothing to do with your CC. I Suggest you put this extra clause in the SURGE OF LIGHT check... At least, it will be able to heal without running OOM in two minutes...

EDIT: In Serenity mode it works well... What doesn't work is Sanctuary mode.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    9. Ama

Ama New Member

Oh Okay. I thought we Me.Auras was working. Its hard for me to tell b/c my priest is such a boss. We may be able to solve our problem with this...

Me.Auras["Surge of Light"].EndTime > 0.5

10. Ama

Ama New Member

Its not that Sanctuary is broken. Using sanctuary to heal 5 People that are all 40m apart is just a poor decision. Thats user error.

11. pasdoy

pasdoy New Member

I was using serenity (the not aoe one) since it was 5man. I'll stick to the edited version, and will try to modify it a bit. When I was playing the priest, I never used flash heal cause it dreans mana very fast. I mostly used heal instead.

I have to say the class is really good work. I am not complaining about quality or not working code, I only want it to be better.

12. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Ama,
      I read somewhere (i don't know where but i'm sure I did) you had a solution for the SURGE OF LIGHT - SERENDIPITY check... It's a pitty we can't use these skills due to a failure in HB... It is losing great HPS due to this bug... If you had thought of something, please let me know. I can code it if you don't have the time, just point me in the right direction. None of the previous solutions worked...

13. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

the above doesnt matter

bobby is doing shamans, he is skilled, knows his class inside out... therefor his cc rocks.

people should stick to one class and let others do other ones... maybe then we get decent cc's again instead of a headache trying to find that

good one where your fellow raid members wont think off :" hey, is he even there" ?

its has been an issue for months, and its only getting worse with the so called all in one cc's .... most of em are worthless.

and before you bitch at me, make your own, i cant... that doesnt mean , that if you can... and you do,....

that it should suck so hard. amen!

14. jamjar0207

jamjar0207 New Member

Have you tried using the cast time instead of detecting the aura. So if spell Casttime("Flash Heal").Seconds < 0.1 then buff surge of light must be present. The same with Serendipity could be used. If casttime("Greater Heal").seconds <= casttime("FlashHeal") then serendipity must have 2 stacks. Same for POH.