• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Odd Bot behavior before ban.

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by Job2k9, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Job2k9

Job2k9 New Member

Skimming the threads here I've noticed a few people mention their bot was acting strangely shortly before the ban and I realized I had experienced the same issue. I had 1 of 3 accounts banned on the 18th (the two unbanned were started on the 16th). The banned account had an issue where the bot suddenly stopped and started rapidly turning in place like it was walking into an invisible wall. I didn't think much of it then but the fact that other people noticed the same activity leads me to think there is a link to the bans, as my 2 other bots experienced no such issues and were not banned.

Tinfoil hat theory: Some time before the 16th blizz had complied a list of suspected botting accounts and on the 18th they did something to trigger the bots to act strangely and set off flags for bans. I could be reaching but it seems to fit my scenario. Hope this information can be somewhat useful to the devs.

2. ungo666

ungo666 New Member

3. thebeaver

thebeaver New Member

4. ungo666

ungo666 New Member

I had some profiles really perfect too. same shit. They definately did it like this.
      I noticed all day my bot having strange issues with yar keeping loggin in and off after half profile, i was afk and couldnt understand so i stopped everything.
      Once at home i restarted and noticed this .
      Perfect profile suddenly runing on invisible walls or not attacking enemies and stupid things like this.
      I restart , ok for some minutes , after a zone change or anything , same as before with little bugs that make my bot go crazy.
      I'm sure of it now.

5. MalaNL

MalaNL New Member

Same here. It suddenly started humping a wall like there was an item somewhere.

The War Z recently updated their anti-cheat by placing entities in the game that could only be reached by hacks - one of their ways to detect ESPs.
      Diablo might have done the same because to be honest - why would they release 1.6.0 with just a simple hotfix in it?

6. FrenchBot

FrenchBot New Member

Same here. It suddenly started humping goblins like there was no tomorrow.

7. MalaNL

MalaNL New Member

Be honest, it is tempting sometimes.

8. FrenchBot

FrenchBot New Member

Yep, that golden shower they release make it even more exciting.

9. athora80

athora80 New Member

Same here, leaving before profile was complete, lagging reallllly bad with great latency, spinning and humping the air, backtracking for no reason. I did not get banned though after my new account of a few days. Oh and I was getting DCed and was crashing like crazy.

10. Job2k9

Job2k9 New Member

Yes I also had the banned bot leaving the game long before the profile was finished while the other two carried on with no issues. I have a feeling bliz did something specific to that one account's games to get it to set off a flag somehow.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm some master programmer but this concept just feels right for what happened to us. Putting something in-game that would attract the bot but be ignored by regular players would be a brilliant way to set off alarms.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    11. ungo666

ungo666 New Member

It's enough to put a goblin hidden somewhere or an elite without abilities... lol :)

12. athora80

athora80 New Member

Interesting, I think I remember seeing the Db log and it said something about a goblin (while I was sitting watching the bot) but I never saw one or killed one. You guys could be onto something!

13. Mookruiz

Mookruiz New Member

I would like to be able to agree/disagree with these ideas, but I never watched my bots after I set YAR up.

Seems improbable though because it would require monitoring the live behaviour of every player: huge resource drain.

14. BnD

BnD New Member

i submited a ticket to get an account back and here is the reply. maybe you guys are right. here is what is says:

''Greetings,

Thank you for your follow-up email regarding the account *****. This account was closed after evidence was produced indicating one or more characters on the account were found to be using an unauthorized cheat program. These programs provide character benefits that are not achievable in Diablo III through normal means. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, character automation (also known as "botting"), increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. These types of programs offer an unfair advantage over other players and supersede the intended limits of the game.

As a result of this determination and the harmful nature of unauthorized programs on the game environment, the action taken against this account will not be reversed. Please understand that we do not reach this decision lightly. This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use (Blizzard Entertainment:Diablo III End User License Agreement
      ).

In addition, you are responsible for any unauthorized cheat software found to be running in conjunction with Diablo III, regardless of the location and ownership of the computer used to log into the service. Please remember to keep your login information confidential. Any account that is registered to your name may not be shared with anyone except for one minor of whom you are a parent or guardian. The security of your account rests with you.''

15. KillAllHumans

KillAllHumans New Member

1) Buy D3 account from blizz website
      2) Switch log level to "Diagnostic"
      3) Turn on XSplit
      4) Run your bot
      5) Wait until ban
      6) Analyze logs and videos
      7) ??????
      8) PROFIT

I've not reversed Diablo client but I am convinced there is a way to put dummy transparent/semitransparent entities/obstacles wich takes bot's attention. I've made same amxx plugin for cs 1.6 few years ago for my ISP servers. It was a shitty one :)

16. Eisenberg

Eisenberg New Member

I like this idea, this would also explain small % of not banned accounts, which might have been lucky to not trigger any of those traps, or at least not often enough to get itselfs flagged.

It would not if they dont monitor all accounts all the time, but rather in bulks for few hours and then switch to another group.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    17. IGG

IGG Member

Hmmmmmm, I had my 1st ban using Immortal in the middle July. It was using noclip and ran through walls made by wallers elite. Maybe bliz found some trick to detect the bot...

Lost all my active accs that were botting from beginning of September uner VM\V PN that survived all banwaves.

18. blista08

blista08 New Member

Didn't really notice much of a change when I was hit by the initial wave on 12/12/12 lol. DOS and/or injecting doesn't seem like Blizzard's normal "style".

19. olaf4uduh

olaf4uduh New Member

/tinfoilhat ON
      It is interesting. All my friends that bot as well got two reasons in their email from Blizzard: Hacking and Botting.
      Like someone already pointed out it is weird about the running through "walls" in bold.

What I find interesting is this blue post by Lylirra:
      full blue post:
      Banning Botters Movement!!! - Forums - Diablo III

Why this jumps out at me is because Blizzard has to prove without any doubt that someone is botting(or in this case botting AND hacking). So my question is, has anyone gotten banned on Dec 18th, not received a "hacks" explanation in their email notification? This falls in with the idea that they had flagged some accounts and possibly did something to to trigger it. I've read a lot about "invisible walls", and while I'd be the first to shrug it off as a unique situation on an individual basis, I noticed it as well where I'd have to correct it manually and even then it would still take 5-10 seconds of "severe stuttering" like when you run into an actual wall. My friends noticed the same and it seems to be echoed here on DB by those that monitored their bot. Additionally, we all know what DB does, and to be fair increasing speed, teleportation, or running through walls is not what it does, so there had to be something for Blizzard to add hacks to the list, otherwise they would just ban for botting alone.

/tinfoilhat OFF

20. JaH204

JaH204 New Member

This almost certainly didn't happen. Myself along with some other people I've seen post on the forums recently have not even turned on our bots since the last ban wave, I was still banned yesterday. The accounts had to have been flagged some time previously for some behaviour.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.