• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [OFFICIAL][Patch 5.0.4] Honorbuddy will be offline for a week (or more)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. MadDog

MadDog Well-Known Member

Thats kinda obvious. But thanks.
      I bought the software because i like it and want to have fast updates and support etc

2. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe New Member

Hows about an update the unheard of ETA?

3. swisswhiskey

swisswhiskey New Member

i rather support this analogy.

4. PTankadin

PTankadin New Member

Lets pick this apart shall we?

"if you buy some paytv channels, and you pay onetime or monthly however. and the paytv provider informs you in 1 topic that the service will be down for a week because the satellite changed its system. will you accept it? no, you willl tell them, hell, why didn`t you update your system in time?"

This is also a monthly Service, not a 1 time fee like honorbuddy is, and even if you complain, at most you will get a little off your bill, but it will not change the fact that the service is down until the issue is solved.

"if you buy a new computer, and the producer tells you, hey you cannot use internet for a week, cos the network card cant handle ipv7. will you accept this? or will you call them and say hey i paid 1000$. why there isn`t an update in time."

This is just plain retarded cuz it would never happen.

"if you buy a cellphone, and the provider tells you, hey you cant use it for a week because... whatever. will you accept it? no, you will call the provider and tell: hey, why you didn`t solve this problem earlier."

again, just plain bad...

"for honorbuddy... people complain because the downtime too. hell, other bots were able to continue without downtime. why not you? it was imposible during the beta? obvious not. others were able"

Yes, other bots, that have a fraction of the features that honorbuddy does, not to mention do not support other games like the buddy team does. What they need to re-code is the API, The API is what makes all the little things in HB work right, so they cannot release a "partial version" because if they had to keep updating the "Partial versions" API that would start breaking all the CC's that were wrote based on the "Partial Versions" API, and lets face it, without working CC's we all just stand there with our thumbs in our bums, not to mention they need to make sure that when this API does what it needs to do, it does not get detected by Blizzard and we all get one big Ban Hammer to the face.

So, there you have it.

5. menfbeast

menfbeast New Member

Epic!

6. andrei0635

andrei0635 Member

this post is more like a post where people complain about the people complaining (which are less in number). srsly? i

7. MikeWarren419

MikeWarren419 New Member

And again !! LIKE A BOSS!! You know what would be funny is say ok since u have prolly 650 post of bitching and complaining on this thread here you go take this and use it and see what happens... I gurantee there would be thousands of post of these complainers asking "How do i fix this"?!?! or better yet "I GOT BANNED YOU OWE ME MONEY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh em gee!!!!! You'd sware all these people are freegin meth addicts... Can't be pixel *****s cause with this program they don't even need to look at the pixels lol. I dunno what it is but its some sort of ***** lol. Addicts i sware ADDICTS!

8. Psholty

Psholty New Member

you've got with your long post about anything! Set PQR and enjoy playing online, enough already plow the sand. from this process is accelerated, I do now going into the forest to collect mushrooms, we have a lot of them in Siberia this year))

9. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Alright folks, enough of the flaming, and bashing other people. Keep the discussions civil please.

If you want a checklist, here you go:

1. Update & reverse all the things left to do
      2. Fix all the broken API references
      3. Refactor classes & namespaces to where they are more appropriate.
      4. Double-check all of WoW wrapper API to ensure it's not returning false values (and by all, I mean all 3000+ properties, 1500+ methods, and the other 350 or so structures). This includes getting a character to specific "test" points in the game to ensure these values, and some other "hope we can get a test scenario" in other areas (eg; PVP)
      5. Ensure the default things provided with HB aren't completely useless and broken.
      6. Test everything.
      7. ... clean up threads from people who can't figure out a calendar.

That's just a generalized checklist for the public. I won't be posting my personal checklist, as well... I can't actually fit it all in one (or two) posts.

Also; to give you a better analogy, we're like your typical tiny software company who relies on 3rd party software to operate, between 5 different games, with only 5 developers (4 of which are busy with other things, or on vacation). Oh wait... that's not typical at all...

I realize some of you "want it now", and so do we. But unfortunately, this stuff takes time. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it done a few days ago (I'd have more hair right now), but it's just not that simple.

Patience is a virtue folks. The test release will make a lot of developers happy, and should hopefully make a lot of users happy. (Developers will hate us for a week or so while they figure out the API changes, but they'll soon realize it's much more concise and cleaner)

Lastly, if you guys can't keep discussion civil, I'll start handing out suspensions. There's no room for you guys to beat eachother up on our boards, take it elsewhere, or don't post at all. Thanks!

10. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

if you didnt stock up by now, its your own damn fault.

stop complaining and go to the "other" bots then.

no one will miss you here tbh.

11. cg1203im

cg1203im New Member

what a nonsence. 1st. it is not predictable to se the car breaks dowe. 5.0.4 was known.

2nd, if my car breaks down, i call mercedes benz, and if it takes more than a full day to fix it, they will rent a car for me. usually the same modell, if not possible 1 class higher from europcar.

and HB is the mercedes benz under the bots.

hows that analogy for ya

12. peppy

peppy New Member

i see all sides to this story.. bottom line is people just want to bot and feel like they are getting thier moneys worth.. when its back up and running im sure they will feel like that. to some of us this is our drug.. its an addiction. and most people just want thier fix. rather it be from HB or another bot. if people dont like the downtime they get from this service then dont buy anymore subscriptions and find another dealer =) just dont cry about it in a post and clutter up the board cuz i dont wanna read through hours of BS with people QQin trying to find a REAL update on the situation.

ive said my peace... on that note.. HAPPY WARCRAFTING

13. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

You get updates and support aswell taking it from the ex-piratebay.

/facepalm

14. PTankadin

PTankadin New Member

Boom!

15. Psholty

Psholty New Member

Thanks, Apoc, we looked forward to your message, in your opinion, how much longer should work?

16. PTankadin

PTankadin New Member

Honorbuddy is not the "mercedes benz" of bots, they are the 5 guys in a home garage building a car from scratch, and the EPA just converted all Gasoline to Bio-Fuel, so now these guys have to rip apart the engine and rebuild it to make it work again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    17. RakishRider

RakishRider New Member

Enough already spam. be patient and wait, apoc also a man, and he has his own case, especially since September 25 in the game to do nothing. Play hands, nothing will happen to you.

18. Mythos

Mythos Member

i work 65 hours a week so i am in no hurry lol.

But once everything is up and going and im impressed you should put up a donation bar i make almost 800 dollars a week before taxes and i dont have That much time to play.

I use HB to lazy raid and farm :p wife plays more then i do.

Keep up the good work.

19. andreei92

andreei92 New Member

So, it's tuesday, when's the bot coming online?

20. xxxstar123

xxxstar123 Member

Well mate I still don't believe till nowe that owner buddy could do those things it do. I'm addict to bots and I have long history with them, never seen any other bot like HB even glider. So thanks dev of HB for good work and take your time with fixing, and about the money you paid guys its really nothing for all in one bot best prices ever.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.