• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [OrderBot][Gathering] Mega Profile Thread - Leveling, Questing, Farming

Discussion in 'Mining-Botany Profiles' started by kagepande, Apr 8, 2015.

1. kagepande

kagepande Community Developer

Actually, all you need to run these profile is the aetherytes unlocked, and be able to accept quests from new Guilds, it will unlock the class for you, equip your first main hand weapon and then continue on its way :)

2. tiesto1337

tiesto1337 New Member

Oh that's actually awesome I didn't realize you had that built in.

3. unknownsoldier08

unknownsoldier08 Member

I'm running the mining crystal farm profile, but it was quite awhile and I had noticed it was only mining shards, I manually mined the crystal to unlock it since it showed the bag with 25% chance, and then it finally started mining crystals, is that normal? Will I have to do that for all the crystals?

4. aznchris

aznchris Member

I'm going to take a kinda educated guess at this. What I'm thinking is because an elemental crystal and shard (ie. Fire) has the same ID, which I assume are both 8, RB can't exactly distinguish which is which. The way the profile decides which one is to mine is by clicking at the ore with the specified name. The code below says that it'll mine Fire Crystal if available and if it's not then it'll mine Fire Shard. But note: It'll mine by name if it sees the name in the list.

Code:
               <ItemNames>
                <ItemName>Fire Crystal</ItemName>
                <ItemName>Fire Shard</ItemName>
              </ItemNames>

5. Djekkie

Djekkie New Member

Fire Shards and Fire Crystals have separate IDs. Shard being #2 and Crystal being #8. Point being, if you're gathering by ItemName, the ItemName needs to be readable from the window. If the character hasn't harvested a particularly named item before, the bot will simply ignore it and skip to the next ItemName that is identified. The only way to target items that you've never gathered before would be by using Slot # identifiers, but that should only be used for Unspoiled Nodes as the ItemName will never be readable right from the start.

Best practice in using the shards/crystal profiles would most likely be to make sure you've gotten the items yourself manually at least once before attempting to run the profile, otherwise it'll end up gathering the only item it knows, or worse, none at all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    6. Dgame

Dgame Member

Edited due to me bringing up an issue I already brought up before and you saying you would be looking into it. I must be tired and cranky lol.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    7. kunkr

kunkr New Member

I put the botany 1-50 to the buddy folder i just extracted, aswell as created a Custom folder with YesTalkTo/In files, when i load a custom profile it seems to be load correctly, but as soon as i start the bot the ff14bot is force closing... did i anything wrong?

8. kagepande

Partly correct, using <Slot> over <ItemName> should be used almost every that it can be, I havent tested but the reason why I havent tested, is because on the nodes that have Shards + Crystals, the Crystal slot # will change, often with pigments. So by using ItemName it will always gather it regardless of slot #. Now in my leveling profiles, i use strictly Slot, since its highly unlikely players will have it unlocked. Also using <Slot> will work for CN players unlike using ItemName, as far as I am aware, hence why I try to keep everything to ID's over phrases. This is also the reason why my stealth code chunks, work off of Aura ID's and Stealth ID's rather then the English names which I see everyone else do :)

Profiles should go in the "Profiles" folder and inside there you create a "Custom" folder and put in the custom tags and then load up the bot. That's all I can really suggest without having a log to look at, and yes even if the bot doesn't fully start a log is still generated.

9. kunkr

kunkr New Member

Thanks, got it.. but when i use the 1-50 questing profile, my character is running to a wall.. when i try to go another way, it stills runs to the location and is running to a wall.

When i use 15-50 main quest profile i need to do duty's right? Is there a another way to grind/farm/quest to 50? from 1-15 it just runs flawless, but as soon as i hit lv 16 i'm just getting problems.

10. Djekkie

Djekkie New Member

Right, I actually forgot about that part. Of course you could define variables for the item names for the different locales, but that's taking it a bit too far and most likely will end up very messy :D If you could add additional if statements within the Gather tag, you could probably check the GatheringWindow to see if it contains item with id X and then get slot Y. Which would also allow for possibly setting GatheringSkills based on the objects available from the GatheringWindow. Ah, the possibilities.

11. kagepande

Is that possible, yes, is it within a basic Order Bot profile, I don't think so. For now it works, the Crystal farm profiles have the least amount of downloads anyways so its not on my top list of things to get done or look into.

@Kunkr sounds like you got the wrong thread, this isn't the DoM/W level 1-50 this is only for gathering currently.

12. saltyZ

saltyZ New Member

When using the Mining - Crystal Farming profile it keeps switching to my PLD than it will go the place to farm Fire Shards/Crystals in Eastern Than. Once it gets to the correct location it doesn't change back to Miner, if I try to change it to miner myself it switches back to PLD. I have to stop the bot and start mining before I start the bot again.

Here is a exert from the log file, it had a lot of different things in it for some reason.

View attachment 176466

Also, I started the bot as Miner, it changed me to PLD on it's own.

13. aznchris

aznchris Member

Make sure you edit the profile where it says /gs change 11 or something like that. Change the number to what gear set your miner is.

Say my miner gear set was number 2. In the profile, there should be a line that says /gs change 2. If you use Notepad++ it'll be colored orange I think.

14. saltyZ

saltyZ New Member

Thank you for the help. I changed it, it was one of the last lines in the code. Now it works perfectly.

15. pureranga

pureranga New Member

You make some of the best profiles for this bot, thank you for all your hard work!

16. taeltos

taeltos New Member

So I downloaded this and tried it and the bot took me to middle la Noscea and ran for a bit then just stopped without reason and everytime I try to help it run it runs back...

17. TheIntermediate

TheIntermediate New Member

Hey, I just wanna say first, great profiles mate.

I've just started having a problem the last few hours to go.

Bot was running the 1-50 mining guide fine, then I turned it off for a bit at level 28.

When I turned it back on it took me back to the copper zones and wont go anywhere else, I have tried restarting multiple times.

Have I managed to balls something up?

Cheers

Log attached:

View attachment 6796 2015-04-25 14.24.txt

If you need I have one that ran like this for 5 or so hours

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    18. kagepande

Not at computer, but where you working on a quest section of the profile? If you stop it during certain points it can mess up. Ill take a look at the profile around level 28 and see if I can spot any issues, didn't see much of anything in the quick browse of your log.

19. TheIntermediate

TheIntermediate New Member

Na, I didn't have any mining quests when I was running the profile.

I left it for a bit thinking it might correct itself but it mined copper for a few hours straight. I'll run it again today and see what happens, here is the log for the long session if that helps :)

View attachment 6192 2015-04-25 15.45.txt

20. Leviathan00

Leviathan00 New Member

All the profiles are very well made, thanks for you work!

Imho, you could implement the autorelease in case of death.
      I think there isn't, right?