Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Patch 2.6.5 Season 17 update?

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by benjamin Hu, May 14, 2019.

1. Fuzzy16

Fuzzy16 Member

Relax guys... It's running through some final checks and testing and it will be out.

2. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

For you all, I did a simple table of comparison (the pros and the cons) that I will share here below. I hope this personal table can help you in some way. This is not intended to complain against DemonBuddy, its just to expose the differences that can make a great choice of purchase, or not, one of these two bots.

Please take into account that I'm a veteran consumer using DemonBuddy since many years ago, when the premium subscription was a lite-time subscription and they decided to revoke this to us and do monthly subscriptions instead. I also developed public plugins for it. The thing is that I'm subscribed to RoS-bot only since 1 week and half ago, and this time was enough for me to compare and to don't think to use DemonBuddy abymore... a least until their major three bugs or imperfections would be finally fixed (FPS lag, blacksmith crash, and 'wait for CoE' algorithm broken).

Here is the table:
    I forgot to mention in the table that its very obvious that the first world country of boters, China, seems to prefer RoS-bot instead of DemonBuddy. If that has something to say...

In RoS-bot forum you can find what in DemonBuddy we call a "Combat profile" from many, many, many chinese users that shares their profiles with videos demonstrating that the profile is capable to do GR +100 in TWO-THREE minutes (eg. Necromancer LoN for season 17). That is literally impossible to reproduce it using DemonBuddy. Many low FPS / lag, many dies, doesn't wait for CoE, etc...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    NuclearPanda likes this.
  3. funkyferret

funkyferret New Member

and yet still not live, nice great info..... why bother having a webpage and than post stuff in discord, we sub to this site not a discord to me that just screams lazy and unprofessional.

Elektrozoider likes this.
  4. davidsky

davidsky New Member

three days ago, it was said that DB would return in the day ....
    Three days ago ....

Elektrozoider and tur like this.
  5. Fuzzy16

Fuzzy16 Member

I'm just trying to relay the messages to you guys. Don't get mad at me for trying to help you all. I agree they could be a little more transparent with updates but for now this is all we have so we have to live with it. Last message from them:

Yesterday at 2:00 PM

Yup, some final tests are needed i suppose, sorry for that delay folks.it's not like baking a bread but it's on the final line, so stay tuned. i do apologize that we're not pretty certain and good in reaching deadlines, we know the struggle of playing on hand! :p

Also here are a few of my thoughts on all of this. I understand it's a product people pay for so they are going to be up in arms over it. At the same time though, no one is forcing anyone to pay for it. It's being operated by individuals now and i'm sure it's not their only thing they do. As long as people active keys are being extended there really shouldn't be too many complaints regarding the time it takes. I understand also that the bot isn't what it used to be in terms of working pretty flawlessly, but that's why it's up to you if you want to pay for it. Just let them work and it will be out when it's operable and ready. As long as the bot runs rifts / g-rifts and the item list works again, i'm content with paying the monthly fee for it. Obviously it would be nice if bounties and multiple bots running together worked great but it is what it is. If you guys don't want to wait then go buy ROS bot and use that. Coming here to bitch and moan constantly isn't going to speed them up with finishing it. Have a little patience and it will be out.

To my fellow Americans have a great holiday weekend and the rest of you as well.

6. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

So why does it take so long Tony compared to what it used to when u had some of your other programmers around were they better at it

7. holrits

holrits New Member

Why cant we atleast just get an ETA :D ???

8. funkyferret

funkyferret New Member

i agree, ROS is working fine and a active useful forum with updates and support and is cheaper /shrug

davidsky, Elektrozoider and Guld like this.
  9. davidsky

davidsky New Member

ros-bot looks complicated to configure, I am French and everything is in English. I created an account and got my free two-day key.

If anyone can help me I'm a taker

Archevek likes this.
  10. Expandcash

Expandcash New Member

Would be really great to get any ETA on this. I have bought my new license yesterday because I thought it will already working with season 17. :/

11. Guld

Guld Member

You can do that? Damn.. Im off to try out ROS-BOT instead of this BS.

12. cristotroll

cristotroll New Member

The season is going to be over by the time this gets figured out.

Elektrozoider and Guld like this.
  13. Insid1ousSxD

Insid1ousSxD New Member

where is info about DB?

14. wellborn2012

wellborn2012 Member

I think it's hilarious - tried rosbot, was up and running in 15 mins. Have been using it for a week now because we can't even get a response here. It's actually really easy and the devs and community are so much more responsive. And...this is the best part, their bot actually works. No guys, I'm serious, you pay for the bot and boom, it actually works.

Elektrozoider and Guld like this.
  15. Xadien

Xadien New Member

Tried ROSBOT, RoS BOT 92FPS during 50+ Mobs on screen, up and running within 10 minutes, 48 hour Trial for premium. GG

Elektrozoider, Guld and wellborn2012 like this.
  16. drvmk

drvmk New Member

Let me say that I'm playing this game since beta and using DemonBuddy since 2014, so I survived fair share of banwaves and issues.

But after DB team dropped the ball on S17 I decided to try ros-bot today.

Pros:
    + Easy to setup, was up and running in 15 minutes
    + They have trial keys, so you can actually try before you buy
    + It's rock stable, like not a single crash for the whole day
    + It runs in 64-bit mode, no more switching back and forth!
    + Bot doesn't get stuck on A4 portals
    + Apparently half the price of DB, accepts PayPal

Cons:
    - No protected tabs and slots (solved it by moving my gear to end tabs)
    - Window can't be minimized, can't do anything else on PC (I don't need my PC when botting, so not an issue for me)
    - Gem leveling config and proper avoidance require website profile (another 15-20 min to fully configure it)

I appreciate all the effort that DB devs put into this bot over the years and as a dev myself I understand the struggle of release crunch and QA.
    But as a long-standing customer I have to say that competitor has a better product now. It's stable, it works and doesn't have any major cons. I don't think I'll be renewing my DB key ...

TL;DR: If you tired of waiting, try ros-bot. Be warned that you might not want to come back.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Elektrozoider, Guld and tur like this.
  17. davidsky

davidsky New Member

I created my account on ROS-bot but I can not run the bot. I think it's complicated to use it ....

demonbudy is much easier

If anyone could help me ??

18. Elektrozoider

Elektrozoider Member

Come on, read their starter guide. It's very easy to set up.

I will not put the link due to SPAM. Just read in their website...

19. Dioks1n

Dioks1n New Member

I bought the key for a week and so I did not use it at once, and more than a week has passed, and how do I watch the key expire ... What are you going to do about it? Or do you really want to lose customers because of silence?

20. Archevek

Archevek New Member

I took a monthly key just before see the bot dosent work...