• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Pet Battle] Pet Training Profiles

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Guadah, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kirbypro

kirbypro New Member

i start ur profile with plugins, was lvl 2 now lvl 4...iam testing it this evening...if all work i will give u +rep ! very thx

2. Bene21

Bene21 Guest

using your profiles with pokebuddy and leveling works very very well.

but i got a problem, every time i chose a profile, the bot changes it automatically to another one (about 4 levels below my pets). but i also wanted to use ur profiles in order to catch up some rare pets in other areas. how can i shut that off?

e.g.: i always level my pets from 20 - 25 just in netherstorm (outland) even if i start the bot in northrend it just changes the profile to outland netherstorm.

3. Guadah

Guadah Member

You have to set up the Pet Leveling plugin to the profiles you want it to use. You can do that by clicking on Plug-ins, highlighting the Pet leveling plug-in and then clicking on Config. You should be able to Browse and select any of my profiles you want to use (if you don't want to use the one's that come with the plug-in, which are very good imo) and then clicking play on HB.

4. Guadah

Guadah Member

I recommend taking your blue pets you've found and leveling them in zones where you still need Rare Pets. This will cut your searching time down dramatically. I currently have 72 Rare pets and 20 level 25's, and I haven't even been working on them that much, more focused on getting all of my toons to level 90 first.

5. zoak

zoak New Member

Does it change profiles automatically to match your pet levels?

6. Dizzle_

Dizzle_ Banned

I would also like to know this

7. cheeser

cheeser New Member

Hello, I feel like I have enough experience with these profiles now to give some comments. :)
      First of all, most of the profiles are great, you can get 3 25s in a day, I've currently got 31 level 25s, 26 of which can be blamed on these profiles.(so yeah great job)
      There are a few that don't quite seem to work all the time, southern barrens tends to get into combat with a tentacle sticking out of the ground, then the bot just stands there.
      The other one is mount hyjal , that sometimes swirs around the nordrassil tree all the way to the top and gets stuck, this is kind of a bummer, since I wanted a profile to kill magic pets(wisp) for the stone.
      My usual way to 25 is Northern barrens - stonetalon mountains - hinterlands - swamp of sorrows or badlands - hellfire - either crystalsong forrest or valley of the four winds, these all work without any bugs and are easily accessable as horde.

Now for a tiny request, would it be possible to make a profile that farms blighthawks in WPL and perhaps generally undeads in EPL or even the restless shadeling under kara? undead stones are a big pain:(
      Thanks a lot for these great profiles though, I'm sure it took some work! :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    8. Guadah

Guadah Member

I'll take a look at making a profile for those zones for that.

9. Guadah

Guadah Member

Nope, but you can get a plug-in that does that.

10. cheeser

cheeser New Member

I love you man ;)
      Human and magic stones are also very hard to come by.
      I'm sure a lot of people would love a profile that focuses the area where the kun-lai runts are for human stones and perhaps a mount hyjal profile focusing just on the area around nordrassil for the whisps.
      Pet battles is such great fun now that I have lots of different pets to chose from :)

11. Jarrah

Jarrah New Member

Do it change profile automatically when pet hit the maximum level for some profiles?

12. cheeser

cheeser New Member

I think the answer will be the same as the answer at the top of this page... :)

13. Jarrah

Jarrah New Member

Sorry didn't notice.. Can you link me the plugins needed. :)

14. cheeser

cheeser New Member

I wouldn't know, I just switch manually, if you find one that changes automatically it would be cool if you posted here :)

15. Guadah

Guadah Member

its the Pokemon Plugin, and PetArea, both can be found in the Pokemon thread in the Plugin forum.

16. Guadah

Guadah Member

i took a look at those zones and the areas requested in each. These would be very small profiles and would carry high risk of being detected. The problem would be when you kill all of the wild pets and end up flying in circles, in a small area, until another spawns. This increases your chance of being detected by a player leveling immensely.

I just finished writing a very large profile for Twilight Highlands and am reorganizing my SVN. I left my guy logged off in EP? For now and will consider writing those profiles for you, but will not include them in my SVN, but will attach them to a post in this thread.

I'm working on a project, where I will have the Daily Quests done, but it is far off. This is why I have not added many profiles lately.

17. cheeser

cheeser New Member

Yeah I agree, and I found a nice solution to the blighthawk problem (or any other mob that spawns over a nice area), have the pokebuddy plugin on and run BGbuddy, whenever it comes out of a BG it will go kill/catch any blighthawk in the area.
      But a profile for EPL or WPL would be great, and come to think of it we have the twilight fiendling in TH so there we have the magic pets, guess I could do my BG buddy trick as well.
      Thanks a lot dude!

18. Guadah

Guadah Member

I've been working on leveling another of my toons up to 90. (only two levels left). Once I get that done, I'll punch out a number of zones for this.

Also I have the following planned:
      - Revamp of my SVN to include 'Farming spots' for rare pets, and specific training.
      - Attempt at a Questing profile for the Pet Trainer Dailys
      - Addition of missing Zones

19. Tasmanian

Tasmanian New Member

Is it possible to catch some of the pets? Or just all?

20. toliman

toliman Member

You 'gotta catch them all ...

:)

seriously, the gathering profiles will run loops in zones analogous to farming for herbs and mining nodes, it shouldn't be a problem to add in a few extra nodes if they are completely out of the way, i'd guess you'd need to look at where the 5.1 pets will spawn, and go from there, but it requires something like wowhead to start collecting the in-game spawn locations for these new mobs, if they are off the beaten track or in danger areas, i.e. under the feet of elites, etc. to add blacklist nodes as well.

i haven't really started hord(e)ing pets to that extent, but i have 200 or so uniques and 45 dupes (i think) just on the kalimdor side.

i was using petscout to keep an eye on when to change zones, but right now, i'm using PetTracker - Battle Pets - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse pet tracker, it pops up on low level areas where i've collected 10/10 pets or 9/10 pets at level 4 or 5, sic. but it does the job and shows collection progression as well.

also, the profiles can't do everything. you may want to set up a whitelist of pets, since PokehBuddy is mostly for levelling and battles, but, it will help with the taming and safari achievements where you collect a pet in every zone, or if you just want to get that safari hat from beating all the trainers.

as for completeness, you sort of can't.

the safari achievement lists most of the troublesome pets, i.e.

World Safari - Achievement - World of Warcraft

some pets are phased, and require it be a time of day or night (server time night), a season (real-time 6 months), sunny or raining, snowing, certain mobs to be dead/alive, etc.

so it won't help in those cases where you got there 5 minutes late and it takes 14 hours to rain again, etc. or in the case of the qiraji guardling, you had less than 1 week to get it when MoP came out. and will now have to wait 4 months or so.

Guadah likes this.