• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] A ChuckyEgg Attempt! - PartyLeader PartyDude, for Co-Op Botting

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by ChuckyEgg, Sep 10, 2012.

1. mullerhun

mullerhun Member

dont spoil are wait for the plugin;-)

2. Diabloguy69

Diabloguy69 New Member

yeah what he said, except in english

3. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

Not long now. I'm just trying it out with Trinity

4. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

Trinity running well, except for with the WD. The WD just seems to want to hang back during the run, and starts losing ground, thus triggering the OutOfRange check.
      I switched the WD to Belph, with the other classes on Trinity, and all was fine.

Give me an hour, and I'll have the new thread up for this :)

5. readonlyp

readonlyp New Member

Now that Giles lets you force a town run, I would recommend when one bot goes on a town run, force the others as well. This should help keep them in sync.

6. bendar

bendar New Member

Sorry i have not read all the forum post, but a follow mode would be sweet.
      I have a thought on how to do this, make a file they both share but only the leader updates NextWayPoint.xml.
      That would put them both in town together and back on the field of battle together.
      A few short delays after taking portals should keep them in sync pretty good.

7. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

I've now added that to my to-do list :)

The following link takes you to the version of the plugin does that. The followers follower in excatly the way you say :)
      You could say that the version of the plugin in the thread is a passive party plugin (no comms between bots), whereas the one in the link below is active (communication exists between the bots)

http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...-dude-pro-breaker-breaker-roger-smack-em.html

But they do now, as yet, follower the leader through the portal, as in they do not use the portal. The followers have to TP back to town and use the leader's banner, in order to rejoin the party. Soon, I will work on getting the followers to use the portals :)

You are probably better off for now using the passive version. At least until I get the portal usage implemented.

Also, I just found out the there is an incompatibility issue with Trinity and the active party plugin. The followers, while following, have major difficulty in licking up loot.

8. derico5

derico5 New Member

Hey Chucky,

thanks for your both plugins. I love it.

But can u upgrade this to support monsterpower correctly? If i set MP in DB-Options, it ignores it and always runs with MP0. Your Party Dude Pro works fine with MP0 to 10 :)

9. tesslerc

tesslerc New Member

Chucky i'm running 2 monks on inferno act 3 with this plugin - it works flawlessly (almost).
      Any chance you can have half a comm center for this?
      So the follower will do separate profile runs like now, though it will take breaks with the leader?

10. Weemandex

Weemandex New Member

What combat routine are you using?

11. tesslerc

tesslerc New Member

Running with trinity on 2 monks.
      without the comm center (pro version) trinity works perfectly, as all it does is join game and run by itself.

12. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

There's nothing in the plugin that deals with Monster Power. I wonder if it's the profile?

I just got back yesterday, after a mega drinking session... one hell of a weekend that was!

It would be good to add a bit more functionality to the original PartyDude.

PartyDudePro is proving to be a bit problematic. The followers seem to be failing to use the banner properly. On further examination, I found that the banner's information was not being picked up by the code that I use to retrieve it (ACDList or RActorList).
      Major Nightmare!
      And I cannot figure out how to always get all objects. It's as if the banner has vanished!

Of course, this will be needed for PartyDude, if I implement som sort of COMMS system in there. The rezzing and rejoining the party is needed.
      DAMN and B L A S T!

Anyway, I'm going to go back 1 version from the ones I have, and see if that has issues with banner location.

Actually, I noticed on the recent version of DemonBuddy, that there are two new IDs that have popped up on the Info Dumping page: LevelAreaID and SceneID.... LevelAreaID changes everytime you go through a portal. I've tried it on many and in many areas. WorldID does change when going through most portals, but LevelAreaID changes for all it seems.
      I can use this LevelAreaID to to solve the Portal Usage issue, but...
      stupid damn Banner is now playing up..... N I G H T M A R E!
      I may have to query this with the DemonBuddy dev guys.... I'm not keen on asking for help/advice... I like to solve things for myself.

Anyway, again, breakfast, me thinks :)

13. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

My followers get hung at cydia for some reason

14. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

Yeah, I'm looking into this Boss area issue.

They are probably trying to TP out because they have either lost the leader, or their bags are full and are trying to TP back to town to unload.

I've literally just finished getting all the area IDs of all the boss areas (lots of damn bosses!), and will place them in the code in order to stop the bots TPing when they enter a boss area.

15. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

Spectacular

16. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

Hey Bio72301, I presume you are using the Party management plugin that has the COMMS system ? As it's that, that has just been upgraded with the Boss Encounter code, and that's the other thread, not this one.
      Just saying, just-in-case :)

I might have to take a look at this though..... see if there's anyway to improve it, without killing it's compatibility with Trinity :)

17. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

ATM, I'd like to use this one since the Comm'd version doesnt work on A3 or trinity
      I'm watching em both. This one will work for basic needs if the boss hang is fixed until the comm'd version is polished

18. tesslerc

tesslerc New Member

Can't do bosses i think.
      I just ran it with Cydea and upon entering the chamber they do accept but then the ones that didn't click the portal are sure they are still b4 the portal and get perma stuck.

Though i cut bosses and added TrinityTownRun on profile start, and when it starts fields of slaughter (if you get many drops maybe need to add more in other places).

---

Chucky, you need to add under the "dude" config window - Start profile
      So when they get invited they will start synced (otherwise need babysitting).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    19. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

Okay, let's see if I can sort this out...

What do you mean by the followers hang ?

It seems odd that they differ to what the leader does, because both leader and followers run the the same profile. The only time the bots interact with each other is during the formation of the party.

Are the followers failing to enter the Boss Encounter ?

If the followers are just standing there doing nothing during a fight, while they are in the Boss area, then I'm not sure what I can do, as this version of the plugin is very, very simple. All the fighting and looting is controlled by DemonBuddy and the profiles settings.

I could throw in a:
      Zeta.CommonBot.CombatTargeting.Instance.Pulse();
      in OnPulse()

see if that helps.

20. ChuckyEgg

ChuckyEgg Member

So, this is happening with the non-comms version ?

I'm getting confused...

With the non-comms version of this plugin, the profiles should make the bots interact with the portal.

Comms version, I presume... I have that in my list.

I'll get to it, just as soon as I fix the death handling. That fix was lost after i went back a version.

Man, I am Cap'm confuzzled now.... getting late... sleep is after me, but I want to watch Wishmaster 2, first :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012