• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin - Alert] ShutUp (Whisper Alert/Answer/Ingnore)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by BarryDurex, Feb 23, 2011.

1. skelis

skelis New Member

Sorry for the noobish question but this plugin is workin with GB too ?

2. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

Unfortunately, it does the same.. whisper is whisper..
      I don?t know the code.

*edit*
      You have in the settings, turn off the answer.
      update in work
      *edit*

with GB2, yes!

*** UPDATE removed ***
      v1.3.2

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    3. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

*** UPDATE ***
      to v1.4

4. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

*** UPDATE ***
      to v1.5

I'm sorry that so quickly a new update is there.
      No other changes in work. ;)

5. pngwyn

pngwyn New Member

Anyone have suggestions on what to have this say? Are auto-replies really more effective vs guildies/etc over Badboy and simply not replying to guildies? If someone spams you can't they abuse this plugin?

I guess my question is.. if someone spammed my name in BG chat would I spam replies back?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    6. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

Everyone needs to decide for themselves ...
      But when your bot on for hours on farms and never responds to a message, it looks already suspicious of other players.

If you have ShutUp + auto-replies enabled and get a message, the following will happen:
      By the next hotspot, the bot will stand still and pretend as if he would write something, so long as in AnswerBetween is set. Then he will respond and move on.

When the message is the same, it do nothing, but is the message a other it will auto replies.

zarlia28 likes this.
    7. zarlia28

zarlia28 Member

+ Rep Awesome Plugin!

8. shadows

shadows New Member

doesn't play the sound for me >.>

9. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

Displays a error message?
      (The plugin uses the standard sound driver!)

10. blancharke

blancharke Member

Nice plugin. Currently I'm looking for something like this but then in Questbehaviour form. Perhaps you can help with it? No requirements needed, just make sound when questbehaviour is loaded.

11. shadows

shadows New Member

no error message, just doesn't make a sound, works on my monitor with built in speakers, but when i use my standalone speakers it doesn't work

12. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

I would like to help you there, but it seems that it is a system setting you have to make.
      Maybe you must set your standard sound driver, on your standalone speaker.

13. shadows

shadows New Member

reinstalled audio drivers, ill see if that works

14. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

If that does not help, I could only update it and add a new feature.
      A feature that allows you to decide, if you want to use your "standard" external sound player, like winamp ect.

15. willito11

willito11 New Member

Love this one. Most my responses are no hablo ingles:) Never been bothered more after they see that. And using your own sound file is great, got the good, the bad, and the ugly theme as my warning sound.

16. zuabros

zuabros Active Member

is there a way to make the "answer when whisper contain" list a rollbar version, with multiple possible answers? I mean, put an "add" button that could be pressed and new answers and keywords would be added as much as we wish? this way in some minutes every player would be able to add a list of multiple words and thus creating a very rich vocabulary.... i would add many types of different salutes, for exemple "hi, howdy, hello, hey", and other keywords like "heroic, dungeon, raid, bwd", etc... and other stuff ....

I dont know if I was clear because my english is bad... just meant that we can press an "add" button, and add a large number of different alternatives taht would be added in a "rollbar" list... thank you"!

17. BarryDurex

BarryDurex New Member

This is a good suggestion!

You mean something like this:
      new.jpg

In few days there is a small update, after that I could take care of it. ;)

18. Bengan12

Bengan12 Well-Known Member

Pero usted habla espa?ol?

19. zuabros

zuabros Active Member

exactly! this way the addon would get much more powerful! and would certainly suppress the use to have more complicated AIML plugins. I would also suggest an "internal" or "build in temporary" ignore list instead of just /ignore people. Sometimes we dont want to ignore people for life, specially guildies. answering one or two times and then soft ignoring them would just do the trick.

Just as gatherbuddy "soft ignores" nodes when not able to get to the node (but does not add a blackspot to the profile itself), using plugin soft ignore list (or a temporary ignore list) would be probably better. If we /ignore a guildie when he asks us to do some heroics, or /ignore a guild officer or GM when they ask us things such as "are you there", it looks very suspicious, and we can even get a gkick for this.

I suggest something like this:

[X] Ignore player after [3] whispers [ X] Also /ignore ingame

This way, if a guildie whispers us, usually about 2 or three answers will get him convinced that we are not a bot, and simply "stopping answering" further whispers will be understood as if we were just bored, and the person will just stop to insist whispering... as /ignoring people is very unpolite, and "cop-style" people (the one that would report us) will get very mad and suspicious if we just ignore them after 2 o 3 whispers. we can even get reported still (for bein an asshole).

Remember that guildies asking us for "help to kill an elite", "wanna do some heroics?" or "wanna heal BoT?" , or even "can you lend me some gold?" are not a real threat to our bots. Those people probably won't report us even if we dont answer them, indeed... and they won't care much if we stop answering after 2 whispers. The people we want to avoid, and really convince, are GMs, asshole bot-busters, real farmers, and stupid guild officers... those people will usually see that we have been online for 4 hours in uldum at 4am, and just want to make a "bot-check" at us. Usual whispers would be: "Are you there?" "what are you doing?" "are you online?" "nice bot!" or "are you online", or "why do you need so much ore?" "what are you farming?" "are you a bot?" "are you using 3rd party programs?" . If you DONT answer those people, they will get VERY suspicious, and are likely to report you. If you /ignore them, they may get mad and still report you.... or they may think you are still babysitting a bot and report you for botting! Answering short "i-am-not-a-bot-but-dont-want-to-chat" answers will probably convince them that we are just farming... and they may leave us alone. Answers could include things like "farming for darkmoon cards." "farming vial of the sands" "just farming". "ok"...

well, thats my point of view ... thank you for superb plugin!

20. umshakalaka

umshakalaka Member

also don't play sound for me :[ just no sound... tested on 2 computers, original windows XP. Any idea? i need that alert so bad ;/ (it works when i test wave on plug in settings, i can hear sound there).
      And what with that log error, my plugin folder is C:\HonorBuddy\Plugins\ShutUp\ (here "Sounds", "Logs" and other folders).