• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] ArchaeologyBuddy - Hearthomatic

Discussion in 'Movement' started by anything, Oct 5, 2012.

1. anything

anything Member

looks like it is happening because hearthomatic thinks you have no digsites at all.
      never seen it happen before. it gets them using an lua function, so perhaps something is interfering. an addon maybe? or you might need to tick 'show digsites' on ur map (ive never tested without).

2. zeress

zeress New Member

Seems to be an addon (couldn't tell you which one atm, wasn't any of my map addons that's as far as I could tell). I'm running it now and the error at least doesn't show up.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    3. zeress

zeress New Member

Works fine now. I had an idea for a feature, would it be possible to allow it to stop HB once it solves a specific archaeology item (for example let's say the Fossil Raptor Mount)?

Also, what LUA calls do you specifically use? I'd like to see if I can figure out which addon exactly is causing the issue here.

4. Cocaine

Cocaine Banned

I love my archaeological extravaganzas.

5. anything

anything Member

its strange that an addon might mess with it.
      its likely one that messes with the map?

modified so you can stick it in a console, try this:

6. zeress

zeress New Member

The lua call does... nothing? Not sure. I copied it into wow and it doesn't seem to do anything

EDIT: It was TomTom that was causing the issues.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    7. cyberduck9

cyberduck9 New Member

Great script, awesome work. Had one issue where it wouldn't correctly see that a zone with a ' or a space where it didn't belong if it was on the blacklist. Fixed it by adding a function that only compares the characters of the string to check if they're equal. [C#] /* mini change log: 0.24 fix System.ArgumentException: Argument can not - Pastebin.com is the source :)

Thanks for the great script!

EDIT: Made the _flyto routine use Flightor, fixes a lot of navigation issues towards the portal for me, source is here [C#] /* mini change log: 0.24 fix System.ArgumentException: Argument can not - Pastebin.com

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    8. chummyjeans053

chummyjeans053 New Member

90 Mage Horde tester getting stuck in org...

Hi there! Just a 90 horde mage popping in to let ya know how things are going.

Just wanted to say that for the most part this plugin works amazingly well! But there is one snag my toon keeps bumping into every 15-30 minutes or so.

Whenever it finishes a dig site and decides that the best course of action is to hearth to org to take the portal to the blasted lands to reach X destination, it leaves the cave (when the portal is literally 2 feet away) and flys up, out and decides to fly back and forth over org (looking very botlike).

I was going to post without a log (never done this before : /), then thought better of it. Gotta start learning somewhere, right?

[18:54:09.889 D] is about near the end where the problems start. I hope this can narrow down the error location. Other than this one hiccup, everything flows smoothly!

Thanks for the work done so far! :)

Attached Files:

9. sarge88

sarge88 Member

I leveled a mage just to use this lol. BUT... It doesn't work at all. I will list a few issues.
      1. It will not port to ironforge.
      2. When trying SW-> Twilight highlands it will take the portal. then go back to SW. then use it again. over and over.
      3. It will Port to SW, run outside and use port SW over and over.
      4. Had to remove blasted lands cause there are constantly 20+ horde there at all times.

If this was working that would be epic and id love you forever.

10. tanro

tanro New Member

Gets stuck inside the ebon hold every time it uses deathgate.

11. Ericane

Ericane New Member

I was just about to download this, but after reading the last comments, I think AFK Archaeology is safer without this plugin. Im hoping for an update, because your plugin is amazing!

12. Ghostcrawler

Ghostcrawler New Member

If working this could be a very useful addon. I will test this with a level 90 horde warlock in Pandaria and Hearthstone set to the Valley of the Four Winds farm (can't remember the name right now). Will post again in a few hours.

13. anything

anything Member

Thought I'd check in.

The plugin works well, but I haven't done much since Pandaria came out.
      The reason is because archaeology in MOP is very linear. You're virtually guaranteed the rares, in an predefined order. It means there is no crazy RNG trying to get something like the battle mount (which is awesome!). But also means that archaeology is now a very easy profession to 'complete'. The plugin/bot will still help of course (even tho the portals are missing), but after only a day or two of arch you'll be done.
      Until level 85 Arch is quite useful for leveling. However as there is no flying in Pandaria until 90, archaeology is a very slow alternative when compared to questing or grinding.

For the most part I consider this plugin quite reliable.
      I still intend on looking at some of the reported issues sometime, however I've been too busy recently.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    14. Meta23

Meta23 New Member

Maybe someone can help me I was trying this plugin and it only worked when i stopped the bot form mounting is this intended ?
      ty

15. Kekskruemel

Kekskruemel Member

Does the Plugin also detect if the Bot want to sell/repair ?

If not can you add this ?

Thx <3

16. psylocke777

psylocke777 New Member

Is there something like this available for GatherBuddy2 - so if my toon is in Shrine of Seven Stars it would use the portals upstairs to get to the correct zone to start farming?

17. LivingTree

LivingTree Member

very useful plug in. if u have time at some point. add the pandaria portals and i would say it is as good as completed!

gr8 work many thanks!

18. Darlan

Darlan New Member

Hello, I love your plugin, but I beg you to add support to Pandaria, for I have my hearth @ 2 moons shrine, and I do not want to dig @ pandaria.
      Also, you could add support to the ring that teleports you to the Brawl-Gar arena (The Brassiest Knuckle), for it is in orgrimmar, and has only a 1 hour CD, unlike the long-ass cloak CDs.
      Thanks a lot!

19. werwel

werwel New Member

Attached Files:

20. winternight

winternight New Member

Love your plugin, it makes archaeology in Pandaria a lot faster. Together with the LogMeOut plugin, it causes a problem though. When using a Lorewalker's Lodestone, LogMeOut thinks the character was moved (by a GM) and stops HB. Now I'm certain it's not a problem with your plugin per se and I don't know enough about HBs programming, but can you disable LogMeOut before using the Lodestone and then enable it again?