• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] BreakTaker - Takes Breaks (Orly)

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by no1knowsy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

Thanks for this

Interesting, mine runs for 7-8 hours without either of these. Currently leveling my 3rd toon ( just 1 account, using DB to just try out all the classes ), are your Dc's due to lag?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    2. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Yeop I've run mine 24 hours a day using this plugin (well technically less because it's taking breaks but that makes me feel safer). I've had to intervene a few times over the past week but really not much. I've attached a slightly more advanced version for Mr. Panda.

I made the following changes:
      • Added support for SimpleRelogger so that DB logs back in if it gets disconnected. Note since the last patch SimpleRelogger has been crashing my d3 but if they don't fix it soon I will because I loves it.
      • Added some extra logging ex: an option to log when we're going to take a break every once in a while. That way there's hopefully always something on the console letting you know when it's going to break.
      • Made it so actual times were shown not just minutes.
      • Made sure there was a range for both break and in between times. I like more randomness rather than within 2 minutes.
      • Made it so that the bot prefers to take a break at a good time (ie: when you're in town) rather than interrupting a run.

And umm I think that's it. Loves to the panda for making this awesome plugin! Feel free to message me any ideas or problems if no1knowsy doesn't respond. He mentioned he's taking a bit of a break from diablo.

Attached Files:

3. Cukie

Cukie Active Member

How can I set this to not take a break first thing when DB starts? Really annoying to set up a schedule with DBRelogger, and have BreakTaker take its break at the launch of DB everytime it loads instead of at the END of X amount of time. If this one thing could be fixed it would make this plugin flawless!

4. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

I've never encountered that tbboltzz though I haven't been using 1.04 for a long time. Try using my version to see if you still run into the same problem.

5. malibuh

malibuh New Member

It worked fine for a while, but some how it bugged out today: It tried to take a break wile it was under attack, it kept trying to teleport home whilst under attack, then he died from the mobs and then took a break.

6. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Malibuh - were you using my version or his? That's one of the things I fixed in my version.

7. malibuh

malibuh New Member

ye, i used his, ill try urs!

8. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

I'm replacing my attachment with yours.

9. maltekagen

maltekagen Member

Im not sure if im doing anything wrong or stuff, but. every time the break ends and my barb "enters the world" again. diablo freezes as in "not responding" until i turn off demonbuddy. is there anything i can do for this?
      other than that, great idea imo

10. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Are you using any other plugins? Can you post a log?

11. maltekagen

maltekagen Member

made it take a break after 1 min, pretty much same result.
      diablo goes "not responding" until the second i stop the bot.
      the only other plugin i have running is GilesStashReplacer v1.0

View attachment 2012-07-15 11.15.txt

12. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Alright I'll play with it over the next couple of days with GilesStash to see if there's a problem. You're also running EMCBehaviors though I don't think there are any issues there that I know of.

13. maltekagen

maltekagen Member

as far as i know EMC wasn't activated.
      since it was "unticked" in the plugins page

14. declensionsone

declensionsone New Member

great plugin but I think it is causing my DB to freeze from time to time, when manually stopping/starting the bot. (using AGB)

any ideas?

15. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Hmm I'm not able to reproduce any crashes of either DB or D3. I'll keep on playing around with them though trying to reproduce it. I haven't been botting as much lately because of the banwaves.

There's no actual code that runs when the addon gets enabled or disabled any more so I'm not sure why it would crash then. Can you post a log for me so I can see if I can narrow it down?

16. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

I'll post the same thing I posted in "GilesStashReplacer" thread just a bit ago, maybe it'll help

Interesting bug I encounctered today. Not sure If this is the plug-in which is to "blame", but I think it's at least "one of them".

So, I use this plug-in and Giles Stash Replacer with a pretty basic MF profile.
      Today I saw this thing happen:
      1) Bot runs for some time accumulating full inventory of stuff;
      2) While on the last run the break taker decides it's break time;
      3) So as soon as the bot is in town - the breaktaker initialises a break;
      4) After the full break bot resumes the game and starts over in the checkpoint (not city);

After this the bot thread hangs forever and does nothing. Unstuckers and inactivity timers don't work (the bot process itself hangs/loops or smth like that).

Pushing stop/start button makes the DB-window hang and become unresponsive.

After a restart of DB (had to kill the session on the buddyauth site too) the bot correctly goes to town immediately upon joining the game and proceeds with IDing and selling and so on. But that hag is, while kinda rare, really brutal on 24/7 botters since unstucker/inactivity timer can't save from it.

upd. What GilesSmith had to say about it:
      Sounds reasonable.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    17. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Member

Try the attached version (1.07). Added a check to see if we're vendoring and if so Breaktaker is effectively ignored. I also added my name to the author field of the addon. Mr. Panda can remove it if he so wishes.

Edit: Confirmed that it didn't take a break while vendoring and stuff. Pandapanda - if you add this one to the first page then please update the config options. I added a couple of extras in the last couple of updates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    18. markn12

markn12 Member

Great plugin but this should be in the core of Demonbuddy too bad the devs could care less.

19. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

It's up now, with the config copied over :)
      Thanks man. You're saving me from some headaches.

20. jac72

jac72 New Member

Hi. First, thanks for all the hard work! I sure hope someone can help me, because I'd love to use this plugin.

First let me mention something kind of minor. I set it to print to log when the next break is every 5 minutes, because that allows me to come in and be able to scroll and actually see the most recent log entry for when the next break will be. Here's one minor thing though. It tells me that it's going to take a break in so many minutes and that it'll be at xxx time. Everytime it logs this it adds to that xxx time though, instead of that time staying the same. So it might be something like this...
      Next break in 110 minutes at 8:00pm
      Next break in 105 minutes at 8:05pm
      Next break in 100 minutes at 8:10pm
      So you see how the first part is probably correct, but the time of day part is only going to be correct on the first entry.

Ok, so here's my thing that's keeping me from using it though. It takes the break and everything seems fine. Then when it's time to resume from the break, it starts a game up and my character just sits there. Then after a little while my profile restarter decides to start a game again, due to inactivity or something. And when it starts the game again, then my character sits there indefinitely. I've come in hours later to find that it had been sitting there for hours. That's probably doing me more harm than good. I hope someone has a clue of why this would happen.

I'm using:
      Demonbuddy 1.0.744.185
      [A1 - Inferno]Champion-Hunting 1.8.1 by 5avage and Radonic
      GilesMonsterPriorityChanger_v1.4.4
      GilesWorldObjectHandler_v1.3.1
      Breaktaker v1.07
      DebuffsEvasion v0.4
      Profile Restarter v1.6.7

Thanks!