• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] BurstOSpeed - Rogue Burst of Speed

Discussion in 'Movement' started by Proto, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Proto

Proto New Member

[Plugin] BurstOSpeed - Rogue Burst of Speed

DESCRIPTION:
      BurstOSpeed is very simply a plugin created to ensure that your rogue's level 60 talent "Burst of Speed" buff is enabled as much as possible while running around out-of-combat.
      (Note: If you are not spec'd into Burst of Speed, this plugin will still cast Darkflight (racial) or Sprint, if available.)

Although Singular has this function built into its Combat Routine, it does not ALWAYS function when it can and should be used. BurstOSpeed will make certain it does, without conflict.

It's designed to only cast Burst of Speed when the rogue is moving, and energy is full.

It will not cast Burst of Speed in combat, while casting, while mounted (mount, transport or taxi), another speed buff is active (such as itself, Sprint or Darkflight), or your rogue is dead. =)

BurstOSpeed should not conflict with any Combat Routine, or waste precious energy when needed.

In a nutshell, if you have the energy and you're moving, move faster! ... but only out of combat

INSTALLATION:
      Take the BurstOSpeed zip file and unzip it in your folder "Honorbuddy/Plugins/"
      Once that is done you should have the file path "Honorbuddy/Plugins/BurstOSpeed/BurstOSpeed.cs"

UPDATES:
      By request I've included a modified version of this addon below. Will only cast Burst of Speed and with 30 or more Energy.
      Also by request Always Stealth plugin

Version 2.2
      1) Removed use of POI's in code
      2) Fixed problem where cast was possible only when Rogue energy was at 100. This broke for Level 100 Rogues using Venom Rush talent giving 115 max energy. Now set to cast at 99 or more energy.

Version 2.1.1
      1) Replaced "English" only aura & spell names with ID's

Version 2.1
      1) Replaced OnEnable & OnDisable overrides

Version 2.0
      1) Update after WoW patch 6.0.2 (removed Initialize & Dispose overrides due to changes in HB)

Version 1.1
      1) Cleaned up code
      2) Will cast Darkflight (racial) if available before Burst of Speed
      3) Will cast Sprint if available before Burst of Speed

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    2. convessi

convessi New Member

Hello. First thanks for this great plugin. I have used it for a while but now with new test release " Honorbuddy v2.5.11724.749 for Patch 6.0.2 ", it doesn't work. Will you update it ?

3. Proto

Proto New Member

Working update version 2.0 has been posted. Thank you for your interest in this plugin :)

4. jerryskids

jerryskids New Member

Hello, great idea for a plugin but i'm having issues getting it to work. I'm using Enyo botbase with SinisterD CR and have the plugin installed "/Plugins/BurstOSpeed/BurstOSpeed.cs" and the check box is checked to use it. Is there anything else i can try or something i'm over looking to get this to work? Thank you in advance.

5. Proto

Proto New Member

Enyo is a botbase that suppresses all plugins by default. Try your Enyo settings and enable plugin support there.

6. zchaw3c

zchaw3c New Member

Hi using tramper with singular/tuanha cannot get it to use sprint any thougts

7. zchaw3c

zchaw3c New Member

actually i think i may of misunderstood ur plugin, does it only cast sprint when u dont have burst of speed and if so is there a way to enable it

8. Proto

Proto New Member

I'm not familiar with Tramper or how it might exactly interfere with this plugin. but it's currently designed to work when bot point of interest is 0 or none, as well as other switches. However your tramper might be setting a PoI for the bot as in questing and preventing Burst0speed from triggering the speed buff. Is BurstOSpeed working for you when you disable Tramper? If so then maybe I can rework the plugin to ignore poi's entirely.

Note that HB is still officially in beta after the initial release of WoD... and this plugin was not working properly as it was spam casting BoS and burning up too much energy. I put a temporary fix on it to resolve the issue but it's not 100% yet.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    9. zchaw3c

zchaw3c New Member

sorry if my previous message wasnt clear, the burst of speed buff work fine with tramper, what i was enquiring about was does this plugin use sprint on cooldown, ie sprint first then burst of speed when its on cooldown or will it only use sprint/dark flight if burst of speed is not spec'd, if the latter is the case is there a way to get it to cast sprint on cooldown. (i am aware they do not stack)

10. Proto

Proto New Member

oh I see.. yes it will always first try to cast, in order of availability either by CD or spec'd,
      1) Dark Flight
      2) Sprint
      3) Burst of Speed

So if you don't have Burst of speed spec'd, it'll still cast sprint.. and if you're a worgen, I'll cast Darkflight before sprint. If it's not doing this please let me know.

Update: I've just posted v2.1.1 that will cast by ID's instead of English names.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    11. Bazer

Bazer New Member

Anyone work out a way to disable mounts all together? like i dont even have a mount on my bars..

kinda makes it obvious when i run around on my mount fishing at night :p

12. Proto

Proto New Member

This question has nothing to do with this plugin, however just add <UseMount>false</UseMount> to your fishing profile.

13. beastlylol

beastlylol New Member

Is there any way you could add options to this plugin so that I can turn off the use of sprint and just leave on burst of speed. Also can you make burst of speed refresh slightly faster so that it never falls off.

And I would LOVE you if could find a way to make it STEALTH all the time out of combat. Because right now the stealth always option just doesnt work, and only wants to stealth when close to enemys.

14. Proto

Proto New Member

Sorry for the very late response, I've not been on my rogue in a while. I've posted a modified plugin that will only cast Burst of Speed and with anything above 30 Energy. At lower levels this may burn thru your energy pretty fast, but at max level there's no problem that I've noticed.

Also added an Always Stealth plugin.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016