• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] Chest Looter

Discussion in 'Archives' started by echelon17, Feb 11, 2012.

1. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

I can confirm this seems to be a bug with HB, as it shouldn't be returning chests further than 150 yards (but it is). I've now fixed this by adding a distance safeguard to 3.2.0 just uploaded. Thanks for the report.
      There is nothing in the code related to Flight Master's at all. HB will however appear to try and interact with Flight Master's in order to determine which taxi points it has.

The reason you died is because of a HB bug reporting objects out of distance. A safeguard has been added now so this shouldn't happen again.

2. OdinsV

OdinsV New Member

Awesome echelon...I will give it a try over the next day or two. I absolutely love this program since it does not seem to work in native HB.

3. NikkiD

NikkiD New Member

Fantastic, maybe now I won't have to stop the bot when I see a chest and keep running away from it!

4. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

New big update to 3.3: Fixed a deadlock where HonorBuddy cannot navigate to the chest, so the bot cannot move and remains stationary.

5. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

Changing the name finder to "Treasure Chest" still fails to just loot the chests that give items and xp.

There are tons of chests with Treasure Chest on it and doesnt award loot or xp.

treasure chest - Wowhead Search

I would really suggest you to just pick chests with the ID's I gave :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    6. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

If you're going to bother trying to complain about something, at least understand how it works first, okay? You'll look less of an idiot that way.

7. tozededao

It tries to loot a chest in Terokkar forest which I don't recall the name, and it also tries to pick a chest inside a cave (on Hyjal?) which both have "Treasure Chest" on its name. You can find them on the link I posted previously : treasure chest - Wowhead Search

8. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

I need the names...

9. tozededao

Edited with link, Basically you go to the website and all the non- Dark Iron, Mapplewood, Runestone, Silken and Silverbound are chests to blacklist.

10. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

No, I told you BEFORE. I need the names. What you've linked tells me nothing about the problem you had, and you haven't even bothered to post logs!

11. tozededao

Ok ill do the work for you, because wether you seem too lazy to do it, or you are just fucking joking with me :

Arena Treasure Chest
      Gar'gol's Personal Treasure Chest
      Maggoc's Treasure Chest
      Massive Treasure Chest
      Old Treasure Chest
      Treasure Chest

12. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

Yes, you do the work for me because YOU are the one having the problem. I'll update the plugin when I get time. Notice how when you actually give me the information I ask for, I can do something about it?

13. tozededao

I'm the only one having the problem? Find those chests I gave you, start the bot there with plugin and you will find the problems aswell, 90% of the community doesn't even bother to reply threads about fixes, and with your attitude the other 10% won't bother to help you either.

Your plugin finds objects that matches the "Treasure Chest" string, and there are plenty of objects that have that and arent chests that award XP and items (quest objects etc) and your plugin tries to open them, which obviously can't. I can't understand how you find offensive when I give you a list of all the "Treasure Chest"object list matches, so you can know which ones you arent suposed to pick (which are obvious for someone who plays this game or clicks on its link to see what they are).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    14. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

Yes, you're the only one having the problem. See any posts from others with the same problem? Me either.

My attitude? You have a problem with a plugin, but fail to provide me ANY significant diagnostic information, despite me asking. All you do is link me to a page and waffle some nonsense about the name "treasure chest". You then have the nerve to get angry when I tell you, again, I need more information and the actual names of the chest in question? I think you need to look at your own attitude buddy, because with such a self-righteous "Help me I demand it!" attitude you'll find nobody will help you in the end.

15. tozededao

I'm not demanding it, theres clearly some misscomunication here, the first post I said

Code:
      [B]Changing the name finder to "Treasure Chest" still fails to [U]just[/U] loot the chests that give items and xp.[/B]

[B]There are tons of chests with Treasure Chest on it and doesnt award loot or xp. (which we can't even pick)[/B]

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=treasure+chest#objects (then I give you the link for all the "treasure chest" named objects so you could see clearly which ones weren't suposed to be picked.)

I would really suggest you to just pick chests with the ID's I gave (:
      All of your answers were aggressive when I simply told you that plugin was trying to pick chests that aren't possible to be opened.

16. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

There are significantly less chests to blacklist than there are to whitelist, so no I won't be doing it that way at all. This is why I asked for the names of the chests you were having problems with, because having personally used this plugin all the way to 85 I've never encountered issues in the areas you've mentioned.

I will update the plugin when I get time, thanks.

17. tozededao

Goto
      Maps - World of Warcraft

Start bot with your plugin.

on post number 31 I gave you all the blacklist chests.

[ChestLooter] Found Massive Treasure Chest with GUID 17371179276610572023 at <-3750.306, 4711.774, -17.32048> - moving to it.

Code:
      43,76 - Terokkar Forest
      Objective of quest The Dread Relic, http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10877
      Key provided when accepting the quest.

I like to help people, specially the ones who need it most, so I make it all clear for you.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    18. echelon17

echelon17 New Member

You can stop posting now, I got it already.... like I said, I'll update the plugin when I get time.