• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [plugin] ExMonitor

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Plugins' started by Exmortem, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

ExMonitor

This is a plugin i've been working on which monitors the status of your bot and displays it through a webserver created on your computer. The plugin is far from complete, i'm making it available because i'm going to be leaving on vacation for 2 weeks and I figured some of you may want to mess around with it. This plugin is essentially a modified FoxMon, xfox was nice enough to let me use and learn from his code.

What this does right now
      Currently all it'll do is show you your health and XP needed to level. It also provides a screenshot of your SWTOR window which you can enlarge to fullscreen.

What I plan on doing
      Adding as many statistics as possible as I learn more about programming and using the BW API. I also plan on adding Start/Stop and more advanced controls eventually.

How do I get it to work?
      Extract the package into your plugins folder - start BW and activate the addon.

ExMonitor is going to open the port 4444 on your computer, the first time you run the addon you will be prompted on whether you want to allow BW to do that or not. Once the bot is running you can view it here http://localhost:4444

To be able to view your bot when you're away from home you need to open the port 4444 on your router, once that's done simply type in your home IP address followed by the port in the browsers address bar. (ex. 68.206.189.264:4444) ... you can find your IP address at What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address

--------------------------------------

Current Issues ...

- SWTOR window must be visible for screenshots to work properly. If there's a window infront of your SWTOR it will capture that as well, the plugin won't interfere with you using your computer though. if you leave the house make sure there aren't any other programs in front of the window.
      - Server works well on desktop computer browsers but seems to have minor issues with iPhone and iPad browser.

---------------------------------------

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    2. Nxchxta

Nxchxta New Member

I like this.... can you try something more like "JGlideMon" from WoW?

3. distiny

distiny Member

Nice one, this will come in handy

4. Jests

Jests New Member

This won't let you do anything other than just monitor it though right? I mean, if the bot gets stuck or something there's not much you can do about it :p

Still, this'll be handy to have open at work. Thanks for the plugin!