• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] GearSwap

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by borderjs, Apr 13, 2014.

1. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

I'll not use the Zerg condition without the Combat disabled condition, this would be crap the bot would equip bullshit instead of playing normally

So basically if I use the zerg condition, it's for some rare cases (or i'll maybe remove it if I don't use it so)

EDIT : btw, keep the flow going and check this

2. PoohBear

PoohBear New Member

The above is different from what I am talking about which is why you are disagreeing with me. You are talking about equipping /dequipping items based on weather or not the profile is in zerg mode. I am talking about equipping gear only when you are out of combat to improve movement to get to the next pack of whatever you want to kill.

Gear swapping based off of a profile that switches on and off zerg conditions becomes difficult for many reasons.

1. There is no standard way to claim that a profile is in zerg mode except to check if combat is off or not. This would be problematic for people like me who use this plugin for when I manually bot.
      2. Currently, at least as far as I know, there is no current event that is triggered or can be hooked into when the combat is switched off, this would mean that there could be a lag in the plugin responding to this.

You could possibly request that a new routed event be created that could be hooked into, something a little more robust than the current OnPulse, but there is no guarantee that it'd be done.

3. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Explanations :

Basically,
      - The XML tag "ToggleTargeting" (that switches combat on/off) is handled by DB, not trinity.
      - You can do anything in a XML tag, even coffee or waffles.

1. There's a way, you could add a XML tag in the profile loader (usually the profile you load to start going ham') like

So if you play manually with the bot ON, you don't load the profiles, you just load a Blank profile and/or a Blank routine, if the plugin state that isZerg is false, some of the logic will be disabled if it's supposed to work for "Zerg-only" profiles

2. The ToggleTargeting tag enable/disable DEMONBUDDY fighting logic, and I probably found the setting that is modified through this tag. Even without an event, Pulse() is powerful (from 15 to 45 tps) and checking Combat state is as fast as an event.

So I guess both of the ways have possibilities to be handled properly.

I worked on Honorbuddy/Exilebuddy plugins, and it was by far way more difficult to handle things (except for spells, we had cooldowns).
      It's pure logic. We just need to care about not overriding things when setting up the plugin, like multiple boots for the same condition, and stuff.

Edit :

As I said, checking OOC State is kinda easy, the only problem is that it'll be constantly swapping if there's barricades, wells, shrines, or whatever around.
      So if you want to handle OOC, just set the pieces you want as your Default/OOC gear, so if there's nothing around, it'll get all of them equipped.

Edit 2 :

I don't have access to D3 where I am so I'll only be able to test the things out tomorrow (07/26), atm I'm chilling playing some Cook, Serve, Delicious! and waiting for your suggestions and what are your needs, what do you want to see handled by the plugin (special skills, ideas) ;) Keep it up guys, you may probably be able to test it tomorrow ! (I'll need to take time to write the post properly, and make a public Trello board to follow everything).
      See THIS post for updates.
      Remember that you can also directly send ideas to my board HERE so I don't forget anyone .
      For now I'm off. HAVE FUN GUYS.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    4. barbarian6

barbarian6 New Member

how can I edit gearswap code, that it will consider swapping ilusory boots only while combat=false in specific area? cause as LeapQuake barb atm sometimes in the middle of the fight bot swap boots, thus dps goes down the toilet without Lut Socks (allow for 3x leap)
      so i would like to have
      100% of the time Lut Socks while bot can fight (even if waller elite is there)
      100% of the time Illusory Boots while bot is in zerg mode (combat=false in that area)

5. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

"OufOfCombat" condition (and settings) has been created in the plugin, ;) and for Illuboots, see below.

For the immun neck logic I could need a lot of informations, It has worked for me a while ago, but I don't get what you're thinking when you tell me the "Immun necks" logic has to be reworked, it's on the board tho.

Alright, I added some features (force zerg mode in plugin etc)

Your issue is that atm (in the actual plugin release) Illusory Boots are considered with the "Swarmed" condition, so when wallers are around or you're surrounded by mobs.

You can't configure that atm, and your request is part of the new condition I added "CombatDisabled" (aka Zerg Mode)
      So if you put your boots under that condition, they'll remain equipped while Combat is Disabled or Zerg mode has been forced through a profile tag.

See THIS post for updates.
      Remember that you can also directly send ideas to my board HERE so I don't forget anyone .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    6. barbarian6

barbarian6 New Member

would be great if You could release Your current version for testing :)

7. Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey Community Developer

toNyx

so where is your topic with your fork?
      will be easy to chexk posts/manage/support your ideas

8. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Gonna make it today as soon as I get home (in few hours), I'll do some testing (checking if the swap is working correctly, check new conditions, remove hardcoded gear, and check the XML Tag) after that it'll be on the forum ;)

9. alainbuddy

alainbuddy New Member

Just thought I would mention that I am h aving a hard time with my bot not swapping back to my original gear. I am using Mara's Kaleidoscope as my default amulet since it has 10% crit, 100% crit hit damage and 20% fire but when I come back in a few hours, my bot is running around with Xephirian Amulet. I have Talisman of Aranoch and Countess Julia's Cameo in my inventory as well if that makes a difference. I think what happens is after swapping so many times, the bot tends to forget which was my default one and just almost always ends up with Xephirian Amulet. I lose almost 400k dps because of this since my Xephirian Amulet is junk (except for when I need the invulnerability).

Same thing happens with my belt sometimes... I use The Witching Hour as my default belt and have Harrington's Waistguard to swap for the damage boost and I'll end up with it as default in a few hours. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

10. PoohBear

PoohBear New Member

Make sure that you set your default gear as default, this will make it so that when you have no status available that it will reset it to your default gear. Check out the screenshot below.

View attachment 136654

11. alainbuddy

alainbuddy New Member

Says invalid attachment.

Edit: Nevermind... I am using your reworked version now and the problems are gone. Thanks!
      Edit: Reworked version isn't swapping anything out so, sure my problem is fixed but its fuction is not working... back to square one!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    12. bobjoe123

bobjoe123 New Member

Why did you put danetta as a tag if it does not support danettas?

13. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

??!