• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PLUGIN] Pokebuddy - Gotto kill em all!

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by maybe, Oct 26, 2012.

1. tbo

tbo Member

It says it catches pets also is there a setting i need to turn on that im not seeing or just so far the pets iv encoutered are not worth enough to catch?

2. nicklaus

nicklaus New Member

why i use the pokyhbuddy, game is always automatically dropped? I thought it was a temporary leave of the problem, but I installed a temporary leave of plug-ins, or often automatically dropped? What is the solution to it

3. Smittenz

Smittenz New Member

Updated version of pokebuddy seems to be missing a "save" feature when trying to set up my own pet logic, any fix?

4. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Why do people still use this?

5. toliman

toliman Member

Because it kind of works.

Even if it's like attaching a toaster to a cat, and expecting breakfast in bed.

Amidst the chaos and screaming and wailing, it works out great. If you enjoy toast, and don't mind electrocution if felines.

at the moment, it's still in the duct tape, power cords + mangy kitten stage.

6. jsimmons10

jsimmons10 Community Developer

lol not rly sure this plugin has gone down hill.

7. HBfanboy1980

but even the newer but older version of the botbase works better doesn't it? The newest version of the botbase is coming alot, but missing two core features in my opinion. Is this plugin still maintained? who will upkeep it when it stops functioning?

8. Mrrgrrbl

Mrrgrrbl New Member

Are there any replacement for this, as this is seemingly no longer attended to?

9. gathertime

gathertime Member

In my opinion this used to be one of the best plugin's around. And if you take the time and read about the last 10-12 pages of this thread, you can get it working great. I have leveled around 30 pets to level 25 in the last couple weeks using it. I use battlepetswapper to rotate in favorite pets. By doing this I can make sure that the 25's (ringers) I bring in are tanky, and good for the area.

For those of you trying to get this to work, try using battlepetswapper plugin, and set good ringer pets to favorites. I cant get petarea to work for months, so I dont even use it. What I do is set 15-20 level 1 pets as favorites and around 4 to 5 good tanky 25 ringer pets to favorite as well. Once I get them to level 6 or so, I take them to an area with level 16 or so pets. Once I have them to 12 or 13, its off to any zone in MoP for powerleveling.

I do still have issues when my tanky ringer pet gets low. Its just keeps swapping between the 25 thats low and the leveling pet until one dies. But that doesnt happen often with good tanking pets. Anyway, thats my two cents. I hope it helps [:

10. toliman

toliman Member

Maybe is still around, and working on other projects, including this one.

He has been out of the game for a while, and none of the other devs have wanted to work on pokeh, it is a limited interest compared to PvP combat routines, which reward players much more than pet battles.

As for alternatives,

Inrego is working on a similar bot/profile system in pokelevel, but it's highly specific and has a high risk of usage related problems. It's not too bad for a starting point. But it is a starting point. It's also $50+

The conversion of the 2012 version of pokehbuddy to a bot is fairly good for what it is, but it's also not exploring new avenues for future development, or adjusting movement or gathering. Strangely, it inherited the same problems as pokehbuddy, which is interesting.

Depending on the way roboto enables the new gathering bot, blackbeard, it could be an alternative to gatherbuddy 2, which is often maligned because of the framelock changes.

Other bots that level pets aren't as complex as pokehbuddy, but I believe that it's not wholly broken at the moment.

My goal would be to integrate cloud/web storage and pet logics, because a significant number of people aren't comfortable with editing logic, and want more automatic options to AFK pet battles. It wouldn't affect the current pokehbuddy, and could support the bot as well as the plugin.

That's my goal, even though it's not something that is allowed in the current rules for plugins, but is tacitly accepted for the store addons, is the option for uploading the user/game status, and downloading profile data from a remote location to keep the plugin updated.

It's also a great way to handle problems with dozens (or hundreds) of users, by sharing profile/pet location data, as long as there's security and anonymity/privacy of user data. Once data is updated, database requests can filter pets that people want.

Or record success /failure data of profiles and specific restrictions on rare pets ie times, locations, phases, unusual problems with levelling, etc.

11. HBfanboy1980

Great post! I would love an area to share and help people build logic. I am not a code monkey by any means, but once you realize what you are actually telling it to do and how the priority of code works... it extremely satisfying to code up some really complex logic. You can easy get a few teams ready for PvP once you reach this stage. My problem is that battlepetswapper is extremely finicky right now ebcause Blizzard changed something in the "LUA" (?) and it sometimes can not recognize favourite pets as well as if you check wild pets it will priortize this decision over all other choices rather than in the order of the list.

12. pasdoy

pasdoy New Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    13. Latencie

Latencie New Member

Oke, so after reading loads of pages here, i could not find out the answer. Pokebuddy itself worsk fine, but the PetArea plugin just wont show up in my plugins while running Hbuddy, even after multiple clean installs of everything. Is there anything i might have overlooked? Thanks in advance

14. pasdoy

pasdoy New Member

PetArea is broken, it's why I posted my clean* version. Pokebuddy plugin is far from outdated.

Here how it works:
      1. Get pokebuddy
      2. Download pet routines and profiles and put them in the right folder.
      3. Setup PetArea2 for your own profiles.

Profit: enjoy your first lvl 25 pet.

* not that clean

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    15. icedragon

icedragon New Member

Any way to keep this from letting the pet you are leveling from dying?

Let me explain further.

The most current version (from svn) running fine.

when pet #1 gets low it swaps out for pet #2 correctly, but when pet #2 gets low...instead of swapping out for pet #3, it swaps back to pet #1 and pet dies, almost every battle.

Is there a way that it can swap out for pet three when it should, as it does not seem to be working as it should at this point?

16. toliman

toliman Member

Requires a patch to the combat system to guarantee it won't swap back. should not require too much editing for most people. Use notepad, or wordpad, search for WantSwapping, and paste in the following 3 lines. the following can be added into

Edit: typo. if it glitches, a bracket went missing.

public void WantSwapping(), around line 1400 or so.
      PHP:
          if (((GetPetLevel(1) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(1) < 98slot1rating slot1rating 98000;
          if (((
      GetPetLevel(2) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(2) < 98slot2rating slot2rating 98000;
          if (((
      GetPetLevel(3) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(3) < 98slot3rating slot3rating 98000
      it fits in like so,
      PHP:
          slot1rating BattleRating(GetPetLevel(1), GetPetHealth(1), ReadSlot(1), GetCurrentEnemyType(), GetCurrentEnemyLevel());

slot2rating BattleRating(GetPetLevel(2), GetPetHealth(2), ReadSlot(2), GetCurrentEnemyType(), GetCurrentEnemyLevel());

slot3rating BattleRating(GetPetLevel(3), GetPetHealth(3), ReadSlot(3), GetCurrentEnemyType(), GetCurrentEnemyLevel());

if (!
      CanSelect(1)) slot1rating slot1rating 100000;
          if (!
      CanSelect(2)) slot2rating slot2rating 100000;
          if (!
      CanSelect(3)) slot3rating slot3rating 100000;

if (((
      GetPetLevel(1) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(1) < 98slot1rating slot1rating 98000;
          if (((
      GetPetLevel(2) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(2) < 98slot2rating slot2rating 98000;
          if (((
      GetPetLevel(3) +6) < GetCurrentEnemyLevel()) && GetPetHealth(3) < 98slot3rating slot3rating 98000
      it's essentially a hard-coded swapout value for when the pet becomes injured.
      If you use Battle Pet Swapper, this will reinforce the slot rating used to swap in and out pets, and effectively "murder" your twink/lowbie pet.

If this was going into the Bot version of Pokeh, add a boolean so you can turn this feature off or on respectively.

Perhaps a new value, PetRawHealth() to grab the original health value, or a good average based on maximum health of the pet and the percentage that is returned from pet health, Could help with critter strikes that do more dmg when the health values are not the same as the percentage of health remaining. IDK. not that many logics benefit, but it's an easy tweak.

Oh,

Have you replaced your copy of the default profile.xml with the one I posted ~ 2 weeks ago?

That would help too.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    17. icedragon

icedragon New Member

Toliman,

I found the section of code that needed to be edited found at line 1479, and it seems to be running okay.

now what do I change to make it swap out earlier since I am getting poisons that are still killing the pets even after they are swapped?

Thank you so much for your help

And no I was not able to find your updated xml

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    18. toliman

toliman Member

it's just a copy/paste into the file called Default Logic.xml
      PHP:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <PetBattleSettings>
        <Logic>SWAPOUT Health(THISPET) ISLESSTHAN 30@SWAPOUT EnemyPetLevel ISGREATERTHAN MyPetLevel + 4 $ Health(THISPET) ISLESSTHAN 90 $ MyPetsAlive ISGREATERTHAN 1@PASSTURN HASBUFF(927) EQUALS true@PASSTURN HASBUFF(926) EQUALS true@PASSTURN HASBUFF(822) EQUALS true@PASSTURN HASBUFF(734) EQUALS true@PASSTURN HASBUFF(498) EQUALS true@PASSTURN HASBUFF(174) EQUALS true</Logic>
        <SpellLayout>ASSIGNABILITY1(0)@ASSIGNABILITY2(0)@ASSIGNABILITY3(0)</SpellLayout>
      </PetBattleSettings>
      this section, goes ahead of any logic for every pet. hence the default part.

As for low level pets, try not to boost level 1-10 in pandaren zones, it won't work well like this. You don't get more XP for the lower level pets, it's worked out on an exponent basis, so level 25's boosting level 1's will only give as much XP as a level 17 or 18 pet with 2 25's. To get the most efficient boosting, you want half the level of the enemy pet. so in a level 23 pet battle, level 11's will get the most XP.

For safety, you probably don't want to go past an 8 level difference in pets, e.g. poison attacks will take off ~260 health, which is about a level 5's entire health pool. good level ranges for boosting are around 6-9 levels of difference,

19. gannicus

gannicus New Member

Hi, I'm trying to use this to do the pet daily in my garrison, I put "challenge post" in white list and start combat bot, but it didn't start the battle with "challenge post", what should I do?
      Thanks.

20. toliman

toliman Member

Depends on what the stick is.

Have not been playing enough to unlock the menagerie, (the quest unlocks at 100 and a level 3 Garrison)

although I do have the blueprint, and part of the achievement, and around 250/2000 battles for the statue. Just not the time to play or babysit the handful of horde profiles.

The paw symbols aren't too clear, it might not act as the fable pets do, since the menagerie is related to the Celestial tournament.

I'd need to see if its acting as an npc, eg if it's just like the trainers, and how to interact to engage the Battle.

Check the developer option screen to see what kind of object the post is, and double click to post it here.

If it's not an NPC, pokehbuddy will need to use something other than WoWUnit.interact() to engage the post in a battle.

It may be something that can be easily added to the code, or modified to work when only in the Garrison, and the stick/post is active.