• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] Rarekiller 3 RELOADED

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by katzerle, May 19, 2013.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

is the newest version on the SVN btw? safe to update and overwrite the modded file you gave out earlier now?

2. katzerle

katzerle New Member

I will upload the current BETA to SVN later today, I tested the changings over the day and it seems to work everything.
      I don't think it is good to upload BETAs to the SVN because if something don't work correct it is bad.
      But notice this Version will not collect underground things, he will only alert then. As the current 3.3a Beta does.
      I had to spend some time next week with my husband to create a landing behavior for each of the underground objects.

3. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Heyho
      Rarekiller on SVN is on Version 3.3 now. I really recommend to delete the Rarekiller folder and make a fresh install with the Zip-file in the first Post. (svn-Folder is included also in the Zip)

For those who don't want to install the zip:
      If you update the SVN, then he will delete all the configfiles in the Folder Rarekiller/config
      You have to unzip the File "Rarekiller/config/ConfigFiles.zip direktly in the config-Folder and tadaaa ... the Files are there again, without SVN-watching. So you can config them without the Icon of SVN gets red ;)

If someone has Problems with this or isn't sure what to do or something isn't working, please contact me again.

PS: at the end the Configfolder should look like this:
      RarekillerConfigfolder.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    4. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

5. vicbaldry

vicbaldry New Member

I'm using this to farm barrens commanders (added them to the xml kill list). However it bugs out majorly when the mob is already tapped. Is there a way to force it to ignore the fact that the mob is already tapped? Looks kinda bottish if you fly up, run up to the mob and just stand there. You still get loot from tapped mobs in Barrens and Isle and it would be great if there was a setting to not ignore tapped mobs. Thanks (hopefully this made sense)

6. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Hmm I just thought I had implemented to ignore tagged Mobs. I will take a closer look at the behavior.

Ah sorry I missunderstood you. You mean, if you want to collect a item and another Player collected it right before you. I will take a look if HB has a function to recognize the Object is tapped from someone else or maybe implement a Playerscan... but this might be a little bit tricky

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    7. vicbaldry

vicbaldry New Member

I was working out the best way to farm the items for the Barrens weekly and there are two options: grind the non-elite mobs (which drops 1-2 of each) or elite commanders (which drop 10-40 of each). Obviously grinding commanders is way better. I wanted to create a profile that flies around the spawn points, and if a commander is up attacks it, kills it and loots the body.

This would usually work if I'm the first person to tag the mob, and Rarekiller kills and loots the mob just fine. However, most of the time I arrive at the mob when it's already at 70% or whatever, and other players are killing it. I'd like to figure out a way that I can make my toon attack and loot the mobs regardless of whether it was tapped by another player or not. The way the new rares work is regadless of who was the first to tap, you can still get loot.

Does that make more sense? Is this an issue with the way HB works, and not the way the plugin is setup?

8. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Nope, This is a thing I implemented, to avoid helping other Players with Mobs I wanted to Kill.
      I can take a look at this, too, but then I have to take a look, which Mob is really tagged an which not (every single Mob with ID...)
      And also implement to make it optional, because some Botters don't want to close contact with other Players, so avoiding them is sometimes better to stay low.

So Fazit: To implement your first Post make sense in my eyes to avoid bottish behavior. the second one... I will take a look if I had time for this.

9. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

hmm. seems its sorta workin now. So far ive gotten a buncha items for tiller friendship which are all maxed lol but I guess that means it "is" working. Few questions though. 1) can we add/use our own sounds for alerts? 2) Any plans to add the option to do MoP rare mobs? I know they are difficult but if you perhaps allow them checkable individually? some are easier than others and if you have a good cc and outgear them by quite a bit it should be doable for sure. 3) Any way to get output of what it "found" or is "going for" in the game/chat window? Or is this what the whisper does? It doesn't work for me so I am unsure if it gets specific or simply sends you a tell so you know something is found if your sound is off.

finally, any idea why I am not getting any whispers? I have the boxes all checked, I am getting whatever alert sound I choose, but no text whatsoever. I usually have to alt tab out to find out what it "found" and since it sometimes doesn't go for it, or ends up pathing back and forth on the mount, I like to be able to stop it and google what triggered it so I can grab it manually. As you can imagine it would be MUCH easier if I were getting whispers than maximizing the HB console.

thanks for your hard work. a diamond slightly in the rough but a diamond nonetheless. it is appreciated =p

EDIT - Ok.. which box stops it from grabbing the blue feathers and jade cats etc from Dark Soil? I have basically stacks.. and by disabling it does it also cost me the ability to find anything else?

10. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Heyho
      Now I have time to answer your Questions:
      1. Jup you can insert own Alerts but only 3 Different (Wispersound, Guildsound and a sound if he found something) Note: the format had to be Wave xxx.wav. Simply set them up in the Settings Window of Rarekiller, second Tab.
      2. MOP is theoretically implemented but only the behavior, that he search and kill all Rares between Level 85 and 90. At the Moment this is no good Idea so it is disabled.
      But if you want him to kill Special Rares, just insert them in the KillMobs.xml in the Rarekiller/config-Folder.
      You simply need the ID and the Name of the Mob. You can change the File with a simple Nodepad.
      3. Implementing a Chatoutput would be quite simple, but I was afraid that Blizz can somehow track this messages, didn't they?
      I simply can implement this in the coming Version (were I also implement the Underground Objects of another Mans Treasure)

Rarekiller doesn't Wisper or Chatoutput at the Moment because it isn't implemented yet. And because of this you naturally don't get wispers ;).
      But I can implement it with next Version as an Option. But not as Wisper or Chatoutput, but maybe as Lua because many WOW Addons also use this. (Then it would work like in Tyrael)Hmmm, But there's still the Question for me: Did Blizz track also Lua Chatoutputs as implemented in Tyrael and some WOW Addons? Wispers and Chats they track and then this could be a reason for a Ban.

EDIT Question:
      Simply remove the Line with the ID and Name of Dark Soil in the File /Rarekiller/config/CollectObjects.xml then he will not search for Dark Soil any more. You also could uncheck in the Settingswindow to collect Items from these File but then he will collect none of the Things inserted in CollectObjects.xml

Did you remenber when this was happening (on which object?) So I can implement there a spezial behavior, too.
      Per default he will Blacklist such Objects if he don't reaches them in 180 Seconds. This time is configurable in the Settings Window.
      He doesn't go for underground Objects if Flying, at the Moment. But I'm on it to implement them, too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    11. katzerle

katzerle New Member

I just was reading through your Post another Time.
      So I realized that I missunderstood you a second Time. You don't want to collect the Chests of Kor'kron, you want to kill Units.
      Just to get it clear: You want to fly around and kill WOWUnits which are called the Kor'kron Commanders (Kor'kron Commander - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft)
      The bot runs to the Commander and wants to kill him, but then another Player tagged the Mob and so Rarekiller blacklists the commander and then (maybe he needs some time to realize it) he moves on circle around your Profile, right? Or does he stand there till the fight is finished? Did your Toon get also a in fight?
      So what should Rarekiller does instead? I had to understand what he is doing and what behavior you want, to change the behavior of Rarekiller more humanlike.
      Should Rarekiller try to kill the Mob if he is tagged? Maybe only ignore tagged for these special Mobs or also for other Mobs? But Note: I only can implement to make one cast on the Mob to get a infight and also loot. But if the Combat Routine also don't kill tagged Mobs, so the behavior will maybe this: Your toon casts something on the Mob end then just stands there watch the other Player fighting or maybe he casts something on the Mob and then run away. don't know, because the fight is a thing of the Combat Routine.

yours sincerely katzerle

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    12. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Thanks for being so thorough with your answers :) I think blizzard "could" check the logs if they wanted to go through everyone's chat log, but many plugins and addons do this already. Heck honorbuddy/singular tells you every time you enable or disable combat or movement among others. Perhaps ask them how they do it or if there is any risk? To be honest, to ease some fears perhaps add the ability to customize the message so people that are concerned about a generic "searchable" message can alter it?

Can you give me an example of the mobname/mobID format for the kill mobs.xml file? Or is it already full of non MoP mobs so I can see how they are entered? I have no problem editing I'm just not at home so I can't check. (Same reason I didn't quote to make this more organized/tough on a little iPhone while walking as it is!)

I noticed you did mention things like tyrael and many cc that do the chat output already. Like I said better question for them than me, but seems fairly safe so far right? Definitely would be a nice feature and by making it customizable (if that's not difficult/an enter message here box) that may counter cause they wouldn't know what to scan/search for.

The item it was on I can't say with 100% certainty as I was just figuring the plugin out but I'm pretty sure it was a saurok stonetablet or whatever they're called and I think it was in vale as well (if that helps)

I'll keep an eye/list for ya from now on.

Thanks for the Explanation on removing the dark soils. I ended up with a few dozen after an hour or two lol.

Thanks for your hard work bud, awesome plugin. I'm sure I speak for many when I say it is appreciated!

13. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Heyho
      The syntax of the configable Files in Rarekiller/config is selfexplaning in my eyes.
      For Example:
      Code:
      <NPC Entry="50057" Name="Blazewing Hyjal" />
      50057 is the ID and Blazewing is the Name. The Name is only for readability of the File, I use the ID in my Program. So it doesn't matter if the spelling is right.
      In WOW Head you find the Id of the NPC in the Adress of the Webpage:
      Blazewing - NPC - World of Warcraft

Preview of the Next Version:
      I implemented:
      • Option for Collector: Don't collect Items if there is a Player around the Item (5yds)
      • Kill a Mob if he is tagged by another Player (I implemented a own configurable List for this case, so you can seek and destroy whatever you want at own risk)
      • Landing Behavior for underground Objects of Another Mans Treasure
      • Option to activate Lua-Outputs in the Chatwindow of your WOW

I will upload this new Version Rarekiller BETA 2.4 on Monday.
      And sorry for the rare answers but Weekend is Family Time :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    14. otro

otro New Member

Hello,

I'm using this profile as a route to farm the glorious achievment but RareKiller won't take over once I spot the rare http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...ious-jade-forest-rare-killer-achievement.html

only things i managed to collect was the 'lost and found' objects...

but he won't alert me when a rare is there nor he lands to kill it.

Im currently using GB2 as bot base and the above profile with only rarekiller enabled.

Just did a fresh HB instal and nothing, any input?

15. katzerle

katzerle New Member

I will take a look at this and additional contact the Threadowner of Glorious jade forest rare killer achievement ;)
      At the Moment Rarekiller will not attack Pandaria Rares.
      And just a personal Question: Did you really believe the Bot can handle to attack them without dying over and over?
      Because I can implement averything you want, but not everything make sense ;), because Rarekiller only pulls the Mobs to get Aggro. The Rest must do the Combat Routine. There is no fighting routine inside of Rarekiller and also no avoiding of the special attacks of the Rares of Pandaria.

16. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

possible to add a toggle for the dark soils? for ppl that are finished w/ reps I don't even think u can hand them in for gold/tokens even. they become essentially useless and theyre SO many of them. I know you said that you can edit them out, and that is a feasible "Band-Aid" of sorts. Problem is, editing a file from your SVN alters the structure of the folder and puts an exclamation point on it and as you know, once you update - it gets re fubarred again =) Just a suggestion!

Also an option to attack MoP rares would be neat without having to manually add them of course =) Some are more difficult than others so if you wanted to get extreme you could even make checkboxes for the list of them. This way people aren't getting themselves unnecessarily killed by the ones they know they cant handle.

OH, and when you upload the new version, it will be via zip correct? not via SVN?

Other than that, your plugin Is working very well. Good stuff!

EDIT - not to mention, removing the darksoil line completely will screw you when it comes to using rarekiller for other characters I assume =P Again its an option but I see it as more of a temporary option if a solution is implementable without too much trouble =) That Is left to your judgement my friend =P

17. katzerle

katzerle New Member

I will implement a option for Dark Soil in the Config Window of next Version, so every Char has his own Settings for this special case ;).
      To implement a own checkbox for every single Rare is no good idea in my eyes, in Panadria there are nearly 50 different Rares.
      The GUI then would be really confusing, wouldn't it?

The coming Version will be uploaded as ZIP and I will also update the SVN.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    18. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Not necessarily. You could either make an area labeled MOP rares and put them there. Or if you wanted you could put a drop down box so it didn't eat up so much real estate. Something that lists them by zone perhaps. Ultimately it is up to you, but I know it's an option I would certainly use :) thanks for being so receptive to user feedback. Your doing a great job.

(Going back to the MoP rares, you could also add tabs by zone with the rares for each zone on the seperate tabs. There are ways to minimize clutter if that is your concern)

19. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

great ideas, I think they need to be there, but using the smallest amount of real estate is paramount.

G

20. katzerle

katzerle New Member

ok this looks like something I may can implement in one of the next Versions together with some kind of Avoid Logic for the Rares. I'm will work on this together with Brodieman, but it will maybe last some weeks to implement this all, so not in the coming Version I will upload today evening.

Edit: If you want to help us with this you can post a list here of all Pandaria Rares with ID ;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013