• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Plugin] Squire - A Battleground Follower Plugin

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, Nov 15, 2010.

1. trichomer

trichomer New Member

Thanx for making this.

Getting this error when he try to mount, he will make a few steps forward then stop, Fowword then stop, seems like it was when a player was out of range and he was trying to follow and mount at the same time.

Code:
      [SIZE="1"]
      [01:13:10:792] %   Entered Combat
      [01:13:10:792] %   - pvpstatus COMBAT [me]:  h/m:100,0%/89,0%, combat:True, melee:0, range:0, rooted:False, immobile:False, silenced:False
      [01:13:10:793] %   ShamanBuffs:  AllowNonHealSpells:True, atrest:False
      [01:13:10:823] %   Exiting Combat
      [01:13:11:20] Activity: Combat
      [01:13:11:20] %   Entered Combat
      [01:13:11:20] %   - pvpstatus COMBAT [me]:  h/m:100,0%/89,0%, combat:True, melee:0, range:0, rooted:False, immobile:False, silenced:False
      [01:13:11:21] %   ShamanBuffs:  AllowNonHealSpells:True, atrest:False
      [01:13:11:52] %   Exiting Combat
      [01:13:11:248] Activity: Combat
      [01:13:11:248] %   Entered Combat
      [01:13:11:248] %   - pvpstatus COMBAT [me]:  h/m:100,0%/89,0%, combat:True, melee:0, range:0, rooted:False, immobile:False, silenced:False
      [01:13:11:249] %   ShamanBuffs:  AllowNonHealSpells:True, atrest:False
      [01:13:11:280] %   Exiting Combat
      [01:13:11:478] Activity: Combat
      [01:13:11:478] %   Entered Combat
      [01:13:11:478] %   - pvpstatus COMBAT [me]:  h/m:100,0%/89,0%, combat:True, melee:0, range:0, rooted:False, immobile:False, silenced:False
      [01:13:11:509] ^Heal Target: Paladin.7A22[45] at 82,4% dist: 31,1 in-los: True
      [01:13:11:543] %   WillChainHealHop(): took 0 ms
      [01:13:11:607] Spell_C::CastSpell(8004, 0, 0x100000003E27A22, 0)
      [01:13:11:639] *Healing Surge 
      [01:13:11:951] %   Exiting Combat
      [01:13:12:159] Activity: Combat
      [01:13:12:159] %   Combat:  aborted since casting
      [01:13:12:355] Activity: Combat
      [01:13:12:743] %   NeedRest:  aborted since casting
      [01:13:21:888] [Squire] unable to mount after 279 ms
      [01:13:22:247] [Squire] unable to mount after 316 ms
      [01:13:22:882] [Squire] unable to mount after 284 ms
      [01:13:23:207] [Squire] unable to mount after 283 ms
      [01:13:23:598] 
      [01:13:23:598] >>> STOPPING ShamWOW v4.2.07 by Bobby53[/SIZE]

2. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Yea, I've seen that. I'll look into it further. Thanks for the observation about movement. It shouldn't be moving at that point as the code purposefully stops movement prior to mounting, but that would explain the failed mount attempts for sure.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    3. GraveWalker

GraveWalker New Member

Umm wondering how anyonw is pvping , becouse HB is not targeting players right now .

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

There was an issue a very long time ago with the PVP targeting in HonorBuddy so I had added logic in the Shaman CC and never took it out, so if there is an issue currently it may not be affecting Shaman users. If you are running a Shaman and cannot target, please post with a complete debug log in the ShamWOW thread.

5. samryan

samryan New Member

my druid targets fine in feral, provided he isnt mounted.. looking forward to using this on my priest

6. Ronnieole

Ronnieole New Member

omg... Im gonna try this with DPS hunter... Croos your fingers :)
      Looks awesome!

7. trichomer

trichomer New Member

Is is awsome! bot got brains in PvP and if we can chose who to follow i would scream!

Would love to get my bot to follow me in bg ;)

8. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

Can't w8 to try this this weekend with my shammy healer with ur CC.

Must say Bobby U need a paypal donate link. I love your work. Never had any problems with it AT ALL.

9. whinnie

whinnie Member

Hey Bobby working "ok" atm, i am getting the mounting issue as well. I know its set to dismount when the leader does. However is this really neccessary as when you cast a spell it dismounts itself anyway so does it actually need to be coded in to the plugin? It also looks slightly bottish on AB for example if the person you are following dismounts to click a flag and you dismount too, would maybe look better just to stay mounted unless combat takes over and autodismounts you? I'm tired so dont know how much sense that made

bobby53 likes this.
    10. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Good point regarding dismount. I had done that originally (used the spell cast to force dismount) but ran into a scenario. Was following a player that chose to defend a flag in AB. Nobody was attacking, so he ran in circles around the place. At the time, it seemed really odd to be mounted following this player running and jumping everywhere. For now, I'll revert to him staying mounted, but I am thinking some more advanced logic is needed when in close proximity to PVP Objectives such as flags.

I appreciate your post containing a clear description of the situation you felt appeared bottish. That makes it a lot easier to work on improvements. +rep
      As for mounting issues, there are currently two mounting issues:

1) Fails to mount. One poster said it appeared that the character moved which could be interrupting the mount, but I added code to check the position of the character before summoning the mount and after and it hasn't changed, so the summon failure is due to something else.

2) Dismounts sporadically while following another player in open areas away from obstacles. HonorBuddy is determining that the player is stuck, when clearly it isn't. HonorBuddy's initial response in the case of being stuck while mounted is to dismount. I spoke with Nesox and there isn't currently a way to work around it. I'll follow up with him and MaiN again and post a bug as needed, but this means at best it would be resolved next HonorBuddy release.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    11. Bobble

Bobble New Member

This really has worked wonders for me in pvp. No more running around looking like a retard in BG's as a holy priest Ty bud.

12. griovejas

griovejas New Member

The dismounting issue when defending a flag:
      How about prohibiting dismounting unless there are hostile players within 40 yards of you or your leader?

13. highend

highend Member

One more thing: Is it somehow possible to determine if we are near a flag, dismounted and enemy players are incoming (but we are still not in combat)? Droping totems (like magma) near the flag (e.g for incoming rogues) would be a good option at this point. Or at least: It would look more like a human that defends a flag :)

14. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Yes, but casting totems needs to be handled within the CC so I'll definitely look at adding that to ShamWOW for you. The plugin is being written for use with all CC's so any other objective defense steps like that would need to be implemented within the corresponding CC. For example, that same idea applies to hunters laying traps etc. so fpsware would need to handle within the hunter CC.

15. stevenr

stevenr Member

I love the idea of this plugin, but with the new version of HB my char runs very choppy.
      The reason could be.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

New version will suppress those errors and reset the leader. Thanks for posting.

17. highend

highend Member

Yes, you're absolutely right, wrong thread :) Squire is just awesome, botting without it actually looks like botting *g*

18. quel

quel Member

Does this update support melee yet? :]

19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

*UPDATE* Squire v0.9.01 TEST available for download!

A new release of Squire v0.9.01 TEST is now available for download.

NOTE: It is AB weekend and there have been issues reported regarding HonorBuddy navigation over the bridges and with some of the floating debris in the water that appear to still be present. In my last test I encountered both of them. If you are going to bot AB and get stuck (or any other bg for that matter), please report the stucks as you normally would for HonorBuddy and not here.

NOTE: The dismount bug is an HonorBuddy issue and still present in the current release. The mountup bug I am still not certain of the source, but do know its not due to being interrupted by movement (code is present that actively checks that the character is in the exact same spot throughout the mount attempt.)

I left the prior version available for download in the event you encounter an issue and want to rollback to 0.9.00. To rollback, you must delete all files in the Plugins/Squire folder before reinstalling. I have family in town this weekend and won't be on the forums much if any.

New features in 0.9.01 TEST release:

1. Supports an XML config file (stored in the Squire folder) for each character you use Squire with. The file is created upon first use of Squire. Change the settings within the file and click Recompile to load them. You have control over ranges, timeouts, and the ability to choose how you select the leader. Note that text values are case sensitive.

2. Supports two methods of selecting a leader. In the config file you can specify either of the following (but only one at a time):
      <Method>Health</Method>
      The Health method is the one previously implemented, and sets the player with largest maximum health in the scan range as the leader.
      <Method>Density</Method>
      The Density method looks at all the characters within the scan range and determines the population density around them. In other words, it sets the leader as the player with the most teammates within 40 yds of them. In the event of two or more players with the same density, it chooses the one closest to you.

3. It detects whether your character is a melee or ranged combat type and uses corresponding follow distance from the config file. Melee classes can modify the FollowDistanceMelee setting, while ranged classes should modify the FollowDistanceRanged setting as needed. The reason for the two different values is to accommodate hybrid characters that sometimes PvP as melee and other times as ranged.

Now that you have control over the follow distance, you should be able to better utilize this with melee.

20. trichomer

trichomer New Member

He keep walking between two hotspots it seems, other then that it works fine, just got the dismount unstuck bug tho

Code:
      [19:32:06:432] %   TotemManagerUpdate:  found 0 totems with closest 876,4 yds away at <0, 0, 0>
      [19:32:06:497] Activity: Moving to hotspot
      [19:32:06:690] >>> EXCEPTION
      [19:32:06:690] System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.
         ved Bobby53.Squire.Pulse() i c:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HB\Plugins\Squire\Squire.cs:linje 189
      [19:32:06:691] %   TotemManagerUpdate:  found 0 totems with closest 875,4 yds away at <0, 0, 0>
      [19:32:06:724] Activity: Moving to hotspot
      [19:32:06:886] >>> EXCEPTION
      [19:32:06:886] System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.
         ved Bobby53.Squire.Pulse() i c:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HB\Plugins\Squire\Squire.cs:linje 189
      [19:32:06:886] %   TotemManagerUpdate:  found 0 totems with closest 876,8 yds away at <0, 0, 0>
      [19:32:06:920] Activity: Moving to hotspot
      [19:32:07:636] >>> EXCEPTION

Using ShamWOW v4.2.09