• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Official] Pokefarmer and Pokémon Go, insights on our view

Discussion in 'Legal' started by bossland, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bossland

bossland Administrator

[FONT=&quot]It is interesting how business models change, Bossland GmbH started as a bot developer back in 2009, now we solely publish bots.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Done projects are brought to us, and we distribute them. If we where not in the botting business, a business that still works and fights for its legal parameters, we could be something like Kalypso more or less.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But we are here, and we will stay here until we have defined the very last part of the law. At least in Germany and hopefully giving the European Union a head start into 3rd party development regulations.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It seems like the main decisions are to be made soon by the Federal Court of Justice of Germany. To be exact on 6th October 2016 at this very court in Karlsruhe, Germany.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But now back to Pokefarmer. Brought to us as a finished project, all we had to do is, to give it to our users. And they liked it. But within the last two weeks a few more things happened.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Niantic, developer of Pokémon GO, decided to chance their API and cripple all the 3rd party services that where out there. Not only sniper cheats, that allow you to catch Pokémon at a place where you are not, but also radar websites such as PokeVision, PokeHound and also many many other aside with bots.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Pokémon Company International, Inc. started sending C&D letters and needed just to wait a bit, everyone was afraid and closed down, and the ones that where not contacted also closed down, because they where afraid to be the next on the list.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We tried to reach them all and make them continue what they do. We did fail in most cases, it seems they all where too afraid, some where also stupid, they used images that do not belong to them, so they obviously where liable for copyright infringements. Some just where not happy to add headaches to a free project and handle such, lets call it bullshit.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now, two weeks later, our portfolio looks like this:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pokefarmer is our main product, launched by us

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Poke-Bot is the old Mygobot community, we managed to continue with the forum, while the page was taken down

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pokereporter is our crowd based tool, that with the help of our botters shows all available Pokémon in the world, at least where our users farm them, and all live - you could just run the website that way and catch them manually,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Necrobot.io is the website of the well known Github project Necrobot, with 100k discord users and 500k downloads a day, apparently they also thought of giving up instead of going into legal battles. Now we run it.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Everyone else is welcome to join us. If you have something interesting, just contact us. If you received a C&D, just contact us.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I will not get into any details about contracts or laws here, because one could argue for months about the different viewpoints. I will let the courts decide on all that.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Meanwhile more and more people start to play Pokémon Go, over 100 million worldwide, which actually is outdated data.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But lets view on this from a restricted view, lets say Germany. Yougov interviewed 5.000 users in Germany, they have found out that 7.7 million people have already downloaded Pokémon Go in Germany and that weeks after still 7.1 million use it. That is already 11 percent of the German population and 2 million have already paid ingame.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]According to Statista, 40.8 percent of the German population lives in cities or villages with less than 20.000 population.I hope you are not one of them, because if you where, and you would live in Mosel near Zwickau, you will only have 3 Pokestops in your village. You would need to walk for 6 kilometers to arrive in Zwickau and be able to visit Pokestops at higher density.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But even then, while i used our bot in Zwickau, i could only level at the speed of 20k XP/h, if i would live in NY and run the bot in Central Park, it would be 60k XP/h or three times more.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now imagine you are that pal in Mosel near Zwickau, you would find that very fair wouldn't you? But its not only you, it is nearly half the population in Germany that has this isse. Pokestops are not based on a flat factor of X Pokestops for X square kilometers. They are based on density and sights. Here in Zwickau probably 10 percent or more of the Pokestops are painted power distribution boxes. Thanks Google for that.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Back on topic, the arguments that Niantic brings, are wrong and completely false.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. There is no fair play, the game itself is not made to be fair, i will not go into each single detail there.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. 3rd party services do not harm their infrastructure, they increase their income. I would be really interested to see a graph that does not only show the decrease of traffic they showed but to compare it to the income graph at the same time. At least until the time where 3rd party developers could again use the API to distribute their services.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Bots or botters do not harm the game, they increase its revenue and they bypass boring periods. I am sure botters pay equally or even more to play Pokémon Go. Forbes Article[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]and many more, but going into detail here is also pointless, as this again, courts will decide upon.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With that said, Pokefarmer has now over 60.000 customers and growing.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And we hope Niantic, Google, The Nintendo Company and whoever is part of this wonderful game still continues to make it great as we will still continue to give the users what they need to make it even greater.[/FONT]

2. sparow46

sparow46 New Member

3. Nociceptor

Nociceptor Member

Awesome. Keep your work up. I will continue to support you.

4. Thang781

Thang781 New Member

really awesome. keep up the good work.

5. Memphiz04

Memphiz04 New Member

Ist der Bot nun legal?

6. biller72

biller72 Member

bossland is crazy i like it :D

7. Nexxy

Nexxy Member

That's encouraging, well written & glad to hear that Pokefarmer is going to get even better. Thank you! Next make SB awesome :p