• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Pokefarmer Detectable: Idea

Discussion in 'Pokefarmer Forum' started by Zackarious, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Zackarious

Zackarious New Member

As everyone knows, pokefarmer is now detectable. Forum admin's responses is, "its a scare tactic". Not sure what evidence they have to support this theory....

Regardless! How is Niantic detecting us? I'm not a dev of any sort, but haven't people been reporting pokefarmer using more power since the recent update? Since then, pokefarmer has been detectable. This is the only correlation I can find from reddit. So is it not possible to consider that a change in the games code thats causing the increased power usage be caused from some kind of interaction of the phone's camera? Maybe Niantic have figured out some kind of method to take pictures from the phone whilst the app is running so that they can run an algorithm on it to determine if they are legit users or not?

This would explain the increased power usage on phones. This would also explain how they are able to so easily detect botters. Thought I would share and maybe point someone in the right direction with regards to fixing pokefarmer. "fingers crossed"... or maybe its just a wild goose chase.

Stay safe guys. PEACE!

2. Hananashk

Hananashk Member

I dont think the software is detectable. Its the behaviour. In my opinion, we are just flagged, because we have some STRANGE behaviour, but they are not sure. Or they CANNOT proof that we are using any bot.
      So I think it is niantics try to reduce botting without putting any effort in it.

3. pokerumpo

pokerumpo Member

Yeah, despite the "fact" that everyone says they are not detectable, I do believe Niantic just figured out a good algorithm for detecting the behavior patterns. I don't think it's anything PF does "wrong" I think that the patterns are not human enough, and Niantic can tell.

The most fun I ever had with Pokemon was playing (by hand) on Bluestacks and wandering around San Francisco and various places via spoofing. It was really cool to "learn my way around" places I will likely never have the chance to be at in person.

That being said, I totally plan on using PF again once the warning goes away to do some local short bot runs. It's great for hitting some stops to collect balls, and for the occasional trip across the country (with travel time etc built into the whole plan). Aside from that, if I want any long-term botting I would for now use a throw away account just because I have become attached to my main bot account. :-D