• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • PokeLevel

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Inrego, Nov 4, 2014.

1. toliman

toliman Member

I can't see there being a trial version, unfortunately. Inrego will probably confirm this.

As for logging failures and timers, I agree, also logging the names of pets swapped in.

It works very silently, I checked over a 4 hour log and it's hard to tell what happened.

It should probably do some log.writes for debugging what it wants to do next, or if it has some trouble with the coroutine (?) /timers.

But yeah, phase 2 might be to move between areas, and swap in pets from a certain family when changing areas.

Easy enough to scan the journal and validate a list of pets exist before starting, but it's also extra work generally, and it wouldn't be necessary for the bot to work,just as a precaution before starting, and, handling deaths and spell /Pet cooldowns.

2. trollino

trollino New Member

I need upgrade for WoD!!!go go Inrego :)
      we hope in you

3. NickK

NickK New Member

Thank you. I have been wanting to level my pets forever, and it's working away perfectly. Have you ever be interested in expanding, like garrison dailies (that I could do after they hit 25), or trainer dailies, or pet capturing? Since the battle pets have been seeing no love, except by you, I was curious if you had the time, where-with-all, or desire to do it? I scraped up the $ to buy this one, but might be able scrape up a little more to throw that way.

4. joeblow

joeblow New Member

nevermind overlooked what I asked in the main post

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    5. Tobaunta

Tobaunta New Member

You say its expensive cus of the spot but you have a free trail that shows the spot. If it was maybe 10€ I would pay it and you would get money but when your charging 45€ I'm sorry but I rather make my own profile and use PokehBuddy then pay that much.

6. Inrego

Inrego New Member Buddy Store Developer

You're welcome to do that. But from my experience, pokebuddy sucks at levelling pets, which is the reason I made this in the first place.

7. Inrego

Just a quick update. I am almost done making a complete pet battle api, so I have a proper framework for making extensions to this..
      Coming soon: Levelling pets using Pet Menagerie building in Garrison. Today I will implement one of the battles (King Floret and Queen Floret).

I found that some battles in the Garrison give extremely good exp, and there's a pet healer right next to the battle area. As an example, defeating King Floret and Queen Floret yields about 2-2.5 times the exp that a battle in the current area does. And with instant heal and ress of pets without any cooldown, I think this will be extremely effective.

For those unaware of the pet battles in your garrison:
      One your garrison is level 3, you can complete the quest Pets Versus Pests to unlock the menagerie building. Once you have this building, there will be a daily quest to complete the daily challenge. There is a total of 15 different fights/challenges. You can keep doing fight even if you have completed the daily quest, which is an important fact for this to be a viable spot for PokeLevel. When your menagerie is level 3, this daily quest will give you a bag that contains some level-up battlestones (give 1 level to a pet of type X, I will probably implement in PokeLevel to use them for on lvl 24 pets for most value), and a chance for some new battle-pets that can only be obtained this way. Some sell quite decent on AH :)

Here are the pros and cons for this:

Pros
      • You will never leave your garrison. So no one will see you, or compete with you for the pets. This increases efficiency and reduces risks of reports.
      • Some fights give a lot more pet exp per fight than the current area.
      • You can spam the fight. No need to wait for pets to respawn, we can just click the pole to start again.
      • There is a Battle Pet Master right next to the area who will heal your battle-pets without any cooldown.
      Cons
      • You need a level 3 garrison to get this building. So it required a little more than just 3 moths to get started. Also, it is not viable for levelling your character as it requires lvl 100.
      • Some fights don't give any noteworthy exp, so some days it's just not worth it. From my estimation, only 3 of the 15 challenges will not offer worthy exp.
      • Each different fight needs to be coded with a special tactic that works with 2 pets and a low level boostee.
      • Some fights may be too hard to boost low level pets
      • You will need a lot of different pets to accommodate for the different challenges.

Also Coming (Later): A new area in Draenor outside of garrison that will allow you to level pets in a fashion like currently in Pandaria (except a little slower, but a lot more wild pets so other players will not be as big of a problem as currently). You will need 2 or 3x Lil' Bling (if you want to prepare for it already).

8. NickK

NickK New Member

Holy Crap - I can't wait!!!!!!
      Should we have have specific pets for the Menagerie Quests? If so, I would love to start working on those as well!

9. Inrego

Yes you should. A list is coming up soon as I implement them. 2 are ready for testing already. I'm about to update original post with info. Also, I am looking for testers.
      EDIT : original post updated. You can find more info there.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    10. thedon19

thedon19 Member

This looks amazing! Will you build in going to the pet healer in the garrison? That would be great!

Also this post might help - (Pet Battles) PSA : Today's garrison daily pet battle is great for leveling pets. (Guide included) 1-25 in 12 mins. : wow
      Maybe a different pet than Xu-Fu cos not everyone has that. There are other suggestions in the thread.

11. Inrego

Look at first post :) Yes the pet healer in the garrison is implemented, and progress is really good. I am looking for testers (please only people who already purchased it). And thank you for the link, but this battle is already implemented with another tactic that uses Anubisath Idol and Iron Starlette. These shouldn't be too hard to get :)

12. thedon19

thedon19 Member

Perfect, I have them both :p

13. Makelio

Makelio New Member

Today this is the Enemy Pets [TABLE="class: grid, width: 741"]
      [TR]
      [TD]Pet name: Jahan[/TD]
      [TD]Pet name: Samm[/TD]
      [TD]Pet name: Archimedes[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

a good strategy to lvl your pets (must have 300+ health lvl 3+ pet (unless flying)) is this :
      *The non 25 should only get hit by the first Arcane Storm from Jahan. They have to survive a 234 crit hit.

Nexus Whelping (Dragonkin) - Mana Surge + Arcane Storm
      Chrominius (Dragonkin) - Howl + Surge of Power

Typical battle
      Nexus Whelping - Mana Surge (it will go for 3 rounds and it will kill Jahan and leave Samm with 50% or lower health)
      Nexus Whelping - Arcane Storm (it will kill Samm and leave Archimedes with 50% or lower health)
      After Archimedes enters the fight bring your lvling pet and swap it instant with Chrominius
      Chrominius - Surge of Power (it will kill Archimedes)
      Repeat

**Sometimes Nexus will kill both Jahan and Samm with only Mana Surge if this happen when Archimedes enter the battle will have full HP
      you swap to your lvling pet and swap it instant for Chrominius but this time you must use first Howl and then Surge of Power!

i dont know if you can code what i'm saying but if you need more info about the fight tell me here! :)

Archimedes full HP
      [​IMG]

Archimedes half HP
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    14. Inrego

Thanks for the info. But actually I have already implemented this fight almost an hour before your post :p although with a slightly different tactic where the low level doesn't start in front. I have an exact check for combination of type and max hp of the low lvl pet. For example, both mechanical and magic can survive at lvl one. Flying need more hp as they take extra dmg.

15. Makelio

Makelio New Member

i would love to test your bot before i buy it! :)
      is there a trial or something like that?
      i think i had you on my skype when i was spending a lot of time with boting and WoW! :p

EDIT: are you Rene?! :D

16. toliman

toliman Member

i suppoe this comes up on the first page, but are there any other pets that we should level for the ringers (25's) besides the 6 mentioned ?

17. Inrego

Yes that's me. You're that greek baker, aren't you? Also, there is a trial option available on the buddy store. But the garrison stuff that I implemented is not available in the trial (or paid yet for that matter).

18. Inrego

The first post has been updated. Todays challenge requires Nexus Whelpling and Chrominius. At a later time, I could possibly look into implementing other options than Nexus Whelpling. I don't see any reason why any other pet with Mana Surge shouldn't be able to do this.

19. Makelio

Makelio New Member

AHAHAHAA YOU REMEMBER ME!!!! :D
      ahahah nice :p
      when you put the garrison stuff i will just buy it! :p

20. Makelio

Makelio New Member

the pets with Mana Surge
      Mana Surge - Battle Pet Ability - World of Warcraft

Magic Pets will die before they kill Samm

i havent try Tiny Blue Carp (Aquatic Pet) since i dont have it lvl 25 yet but i dont think it will survive the attacks of Jahan and Samm since they are strong vs aquatic!

so far Nexus Whelpling is the best option to kill Jahan and Samm (the passive Dragonkin helps a lot) with out any problems!