• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Poll] Would you be willing to pay [again] for a 64-bit version of HB?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by HBfanboy1980, Feb 25, 2015.

?

Are you interested in a 64-bit version of HB?

1. Unequivocally, Yes.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No, why fix what is not broken.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Maybe, but I don't think I could commit if I had to pay the devs for their store items again.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. I'm not really sure what is being discussed here, but if it costs more money then I'm using my VETO.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. DX123

DX123 Member

This again?

2. Mr McGibblets

Mr McGibblets Member

Nope. There is nothing other than user preference to have a 64bit version going. As much as its nice to have everything 64bit and shiny it still works without being that way, and well to boot! Also switching to 64 would break everything, so even our hand modified plugins/profiles that are no longer supported but we like to use won't work.

That and it would be a support nightmare because it would take half a year or more to fish out all of the bugs caused by change in coding. So until the day windows and/or WoW no longer support 32bit its way too big of a bullet to bite for the gains yielded. Basically a brand new bot with a similar concept going through the horrible birthing stages again.

3. stryks1

stryks1 Member

Yawn...can we have this locked already?

4. TheDrGonzo

TheDrGonzo Member

No, I wouldn't pay again for an honorbuddy x64. Why? Because honorbuddy comes with nothing I use 'out of the box' everything useful has become a a 'paid' addon, or I've had to make it myself.

Where is the update for Rarekiller? Sitting on my computer, that's right, never to be seen by public.

5. m2511

m2511 New Member

Let him have his thread. You saw the title of the thread, you weren't required to read it or post. If nobody cared it would fall to the next page. I'd pay for a 64bit version for the combat routines just to have the better FPS. For afk farming it really doesnt matter imo.

6. mishrathium

mishrathium New Member

100%, nope.

7. Aressandoro

Aressandoro Member

8. Kiroshin

Kiroshin New Member

Yes, because then I would be able to use tMorph.

9. Moboken

Moboken New Member

Well Yes. I would pay for HB again.
      The reason is I am 100% sure Blizzard knows HB runs only in 32 bit and they also know who is running 32 bit wow and not 64 bit. Also noticed that on my slow AMD 4.2 ghz system with 32 gig ram running 32 bit wow takes 957k -> 1.2 gig memory and on 64 bit only takes 675 -> 925 megs of memory at the same 14% CPU

Their are things in wow that only work for the 64bit and if you want them you must run it.

10. gavzter

gavzter Banned

Aha hahahaahhahh as I said in your last thread ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN Y? Cause 32 bit works just fine

11. eagles2010

eagles2010 Member

The biggest argument is not that HB would benefit, but being able to run the WoW client in 64bit has large benefits, especially in fps. If I had the choice, sure I would pay for a 64bit version. I do agree it isn't ( technically ) necessary, but there are backend benefits.

12. phantaz

phantaz New Member

Maybe fix the one we have?

13. YHiern7820954

YHiern7820954 New Member

Yes I want better fps

14. Optimiztix

Optimiztix New Member

My FPS is fine on 32bit. Quit running WoW+HB on potatoes and calculators.

What I would really like to see is more useful/high quality plugins, botbases, profiles that don't cost as much as damn Honorbuddy itself. $5 < is fine, but everything worth a damn is like $25+

15. TheHammer

TheHammer New Member

FPS problem is not about 32 bits. If you run 32 bits with full screen (not windowed, real fullscreen), any game, you will notice that the FPS is MUCH higher, specially if you use Windows Vista for newer and have Aero enabled. Just tested it.

16. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Sorry to make this thread and then duck and run but I took my son to see the new paddington bear movie! Super cool btw.

To everyone who keeps answering as if I was arguing for or against ye creation of a different version did you read the entire post? I am about as impartial as someone can be and still have a very flexible opinion... Stop whining about another thread among thousands on a very popular board. Pipe in with some discussion and input or we can talk about other stuff in other threads :) open one up about something that people want to talk about and I'll be there!

17. Bigboy

Bigboy New Member

Yes I would if I get the same lifetime deal as when I first bought HB however that I dont think will happen since they whould probebly not have change it in the first place then, however when it comes to the store question I say maybe if I can still use my 32bit HB as well.
      and for the record I do think the thred is a good thing.

18. fragboy

fragboy New Member

it to use 32, 64 nothing to do, I play wow and use it 32bits, and several people I know, is now customary, no I must play with high graphics also for desemvolvedores switch to 64bit is creating all again, then it would work more and no one because

19. Mekare

Mekare New Member

Cara, seria melhor vc postar em portugues e pedir pra algum brasileiro traduzir pra vc... Só o google tradutor não adiantou não, saiu um tanto de bobagem sem sentido.

20. 7antix

7antix New Member

there are plenty of reasons, one being I can't mplay on 32 bit. When i do even without HB running i freeze I lag in and out of combat wiping the raid. I go to 64 bit I have 150 fps NO issues AT ALL EVER!!!