• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [ProfessionBuddy] Prospecting / Milling REMAKE FOR MoP

Discussion in 'ProfessionBuddy Profiles' started by WhitePelon, Sep 27, 2012.

1. toliman

toliman Member

View attachment simpleprofession_v_3.1.xml

i added most of the inks to this Profession since pigments alone only get you so far.

if it's erroneous, or if it's not casting properly when you have any non-MoP pigments, let me know, as i haven't tested it with all the pigments.

for alabaster, which makes ivory & moonglow, i added a bit of a hack,
      it will take 4 pigments, and make 2 ivory ink and 1 moonglow.
      or just make the ivory if you have any spare pigment.

i can remove the entry entirely, as people often buy the herbs to skill up alchemy/inscription, and don't need the pigment or either ink.

edit : i think i need a 250ms delay in this as well. will edit, and repost as 3.2 once i have tested the inks separately.

2. darkblitzrc

darkblitzrc New Member

is there a way to this thing to withdraw the ore from the mailbox? ty

3. toliman

toliman Member

i can look into how other PB profiles do their mail checks, and add in a 120 second timer to repeat the script so there's no stop/start of PB and the bot.

not sure how, but, it might help others for those "mailbox" parking sessions.

4. darkblitzrc

darkblitzrc New Member

alright, thanks for response :)

Sent from my QB57 using TheBuddyForum mobile app

5. toliman

toliman Member

Just testing a revised version, been spending the last week looking at AH shuffle scripts to add in all the bells and whistles of guild bank/bank/ah access...
      (most of that time was spent playing with nimblebit pocket trains, so it's not been that bad, i just got distracted.)

I will test the AH/bank stuff later this week, (and add in the older ore/gems.)
      but here's a working updated version for mill/prospecting work. should work fine for MoP/Cata quality stuff.

Things added:
      moving to mailbox. pulling items from mail until you have 8 slots free.
      selective sending of items
      sending non-glyph inks to bank alt. sending glyph inks as an option.
      sends gems, and optionally, ore and herbs below 5 items.

Attached Files:

6. Neyt

Neyt New Member

Doesn't work for me. When i load the profile it says:

Nothing happens until i stop the bot manually.

7. toliman

toliman Member

oops.
      it's because it doesn't pull the mail at the beginning, it needs to have something to mill first. will fix this.

edit: will put up a newer version, just trying to test a Mail grab version vs a "mill bag contents" logic.
      edit 2: just testing the scenario where you have no free bag space, and sending out everything you have to clear some bag space.
      edit 3 replaced the mail system entirely to handle bag space, looked through another profile to find out where i made the mistake(s). should give more of a clue where its failing now.

milled 1200 inks with the old 3.2 version while testing it out, needs some adjustments. milling works, bag and mail needs some tweaking.

For this version, i've figured out some of the issues. consider this what 3.2 should have been.

ahh testing.

tomorrow, or the next day, i'll go over bank storage, so, upcoming in 3.3, log colours, change the logs to [mill] or [prospect] depending on section, send pigments as an option, and deposit/withdraw ore/herbs/pigments from bank storage.

need to check bank locs and so on on alliance/horde, and zone checks. may use Vot4w bank or sw/org banks or check for it later on.

Attached Files:

8. toliman

toliman Member

View attachment Scribe-Prospect v3.2.xml

okay, did i mention this is my first script ... here's a newer version ... sorry.

theres 2 glitches left, one in sending some of the inks/herbs/gems/inks, where there's a small error in the log about a entity,
      the other in the log color code, which leaves blank lines when sending out items...

9. joshhart89

joshhart89 New Member

One Sentence: I love you.

10. purebusiness

purebusiness New Member

Would it be possible to add a feature to combine Sparkling Shards? Would save some bagspace while prospecting ores :)

11. Drasticbeatz

Drasticbeatz New Member

works great!

12. ponyhof

ponyhof New Member

works ! THX

better then my autoit script :)

13. yt0k

yt0k New Member

Hey buddy,
      I added in so once it finishes milling herbs, it will craft Ink of Dreams and Blackfallow Ink.

Cheers for the initial profile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    14. theothersamb

theothersamb New Member

Is this already set up, or is it possible to set up, so that the bot will look through guild bank tabs to pull out ores or herbs as well as deposit the pigments and gems it has already received?

15. Silhouette2

Silhouette2 New Member

It doesnt have it right now it looks like... but i really would like it to :p maybe also mailbox support.. I like how yt0k added the inks.. and maybe you can also implement turning sparkling shards into serpent eyes?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    16. toliman

toliman Member

yeah. this is possible to do, but i haven't added this. i can implement it
      i wanted to see how to restrict guild tabs to avoid any issues with shared guilds where you shouldn't use certain tabs for herbs, etc.

As for the changes made in 3.2.2, it already made blackfallow/IoD, so it seems redundant.
      the mailbox check at >=1 seems to work better than > 0, because the mail can return 0 when the mail can't be accessed or there's a wow error. (glitch from 7 months ago, i think)

Errors, there's a few. It may have glitched on sending blackfallow, which is my bad, i left an extra comma in that section, i got the lion's ink wrong so it wasn't creating them from pigments.

I took a few stages from Celisius's shuffle, put in some sparkling shards,
      i'm adding in the fragments gathered at low level, i.e. torn green tea leaf,

i just need to test it all.

it will (after testing) grab herbs from personal bank and guild bank, deposit stacks of 20 in personal/guild if there's room/permissions, but again, tests needed.

17. Silhouette2

Silhouette2 New Member

My last profile that did this is no longer working (Bengan's multi profile) but this really would do well in its place
      If its not too much, could you make it so the bank and mail functions still work even if you do not have JC/Insc? I usually have my bank alt deposit the mats that im going to mill

18. toliman

toliman Member

So, if you're on the bank alt, it takes the mail and deposits ink/herbs/gems/ore into the personal /guild bank tabs when there's stacks of 20?

The problem will be that you could get stuck with full bags and nothing to deposit. And 370 items in the mail left to collect.

Still, it seems practical, as long as you have bag space and don't often get 400+ mail items to the bank alt.

Can definitely test this for horde. If horde works, I'll check with alliance locs.

So far, updated a few locations for org/sw/dalaran, need to fix a few more things to integrate MFC, check the item id's and npc buying reagents, most of it comes from the celisius shuffle, including some new parts.

I don't want to release a broken version, but it should be soon. Just running through checks today.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    19. Silhouette2

Silhouette2 New Member

I either send my bank alt 20 stacks.. or i buy them from COD on my bank alt.. then i put them in guild bank where my jc/scribe can access them. Bengan's multi profile used to do this, but now when i load into profession buddy its missing a lot of options.

edit - Even if it would get stuck, i only run the profile for so long.. and whatever it wouldnt pick up that time it would the next time i ran it

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    20. Nightcrawler12

Nightcrawler12 New Member

Still working?