• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Project: The Store

Discussion in 'TheBuddyStore' started by bossland, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DragonLife007

DragonLife007 New Member

please tell me what the problem is, I downloaded the new version of the bot and activate all of my CR, but nothing has been downloaded as though I have not tried to do it and how much I did not read on the forum I can not find an answer
      thanks in advance
      (sorry for my english)

2. Killahoo

Killahoo New Member

all you purchase is now serverside...for example you purchase kicks 1-90 questing profile you don´t need to download it anymore...instead when you click the load profile button you choose from buddystore and there is the profile pack now...the same with plugins and CR´s it is all handled serverside now...but only the store purchased stuff...all the other profiles etc. are downloaded as allways

3. BuddyMe

BuddyMe Community Developer

Thanks a lot for this,
      I hope all this beautiful work will soon be available for other bot !

4. toliman

toliman Member

Just noticed that one routine has dropped the price by ~35%, which is pretty substantial.

Will there be an option to refund and repurchase available if people want to save $20 /€13

Or will the refund block access to purchasing the item again, as the dialogue box seems to indicate?

Not sure what this is supposed to encourage or dissuade, if the prices are subject to fluidity, but ownership is not.

5. DragonLife007

DragonLife007 New Member

seems to be clear, but let's say, how do I take the CR? I go to My Purchases and nowhere is there links, when I run the bot nothing happens

6. patto92

patto92 Community Developer

The fact that it costs money now, means that he is obligated to support the product for a fair while to come :) would have you preferred for him to just let the plugin necro? If you think it's that easy to write something then write it yourself :)

7. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

What updates does KBA need?
      There wasn't a report of a bug within the last two months or so (even if i didn't supported it)
      I made no money (no donation nothing), no suggestion were made and nearly no feedback was given, but over 1000 downloads (the last one number i remember was 1219 with the last version and 1248 with previous version)

Now that i charge money for the plugin, i'm forced to give support for at least 18 months! and i have to give this support for the plugin even when only ONE "license" of it will be sold. (means 3 EUR for 18 Months -> 0.17 Eur Per Month -> 0.005 Eur per Day -> 0.00021 Eur per hour (yes this is 0,02 CENT)! or to say it in codingtime -> the plugin all in all took 4 hours of deving, bugfixing, testing for the first working version, 5 more hours for the second version which was nearly free of bugs, 2 more hours for fixing user reports -> so 11 hours of coding for 3 Euros (even when i'll sell 100 copies i'll have 2.10 Euros (after fees) per Hours of coding, not to mention the time i spent on the thread for answering, the i spent for answering PMs and the time i spent on Skype to give support, take suggestions, give help on problems at the side of the user ... so tbh ... do U work for 2.10 Euros PER HOURS? -> my current hourly rate in my legal job, where i have LESS work is 37.00 EUR excl. VAT)

that means before the selling of the plugin will be profitable for me i have to sell 1000 copies (would make 170 euro per month, or 3000 euro for 1 year and 6 month)

well long story short: noone forces you to buy the plugin, it was free avaiable for MONTHS and it was / is working (even if the store version is a bit newer, and got one more feature after a suggestion of a user). shoot me a pm for further discussions. even if it is a discussion about the pricing

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    8. Pinteman

Pinteman Member

I for one like the idea of the store, however there is one issue with it that bothers me somewhat...
      As a botter with some cash to spend, decides to buy a profilepack, routine or botbase, he/she does not actually get the bought product.
      Just access to a stream which, technology allowing, enables this buyer to use the purchased product.

This is my worry point.... buyers are depending on the availability of the stream to use the product they bought.
      I would have preferred buyers receiving a local copy... consider it "the delivery of a product" and the update service is available through the shop.
      Similar to some products with built-in svn checking for newer versions and built-in update...
      Availability from a stream, through which potentially a lot of data is passing, is not a nice marketing strategy as purchased products are not a guarenteed available for use...

HB is similar in a way, where it depends on the bossland servers to be able to start. But this is related to the whole trip-wire mechanism and can be considered an additional safety. For the profiles, botbases and routines this dependency is not offering anything other than possible non-availability to high load or shutdown servers.

Again, I like the idea of store... it just this mechanism I have problems with !!

9. patto92

patto92 Community Developer

Honestly.. my main reason that I like it the way it is, is piracy, I don't mind sharing my code or helping people.. but ask first. You'll find a lot of people are willling to share their hard work if they are just given credit. A lot of people have their stuff stolen and resold without any thought to the original dev :). so if wee stored a copy of it on everyone's computer who bought it, the likely hood of that would be a lot higher. It is also a lot harder for us to push working updates as users don't have to figure out fille structure ect.. it just works when they load their HB up!

And when it comes to the reliability of the servers, yes, there will always be some thing that might go wrong in the future.. but this is the same as most always online things like steam/origin ect.

Thanks ^.^

Patto92

10. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

It is like every other piracy. Every "protection" can be *****ed (we will probably see it in near future). So do something that ppl who stole you product can´t recieve.

This is like Ubisoft "allways connected" vs "here is your goodie bag" that some developers using

11. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

First, being immature will get you no where. Second, no one is forcing anyone to purchase anything. You yourself have purchased routines and paid for premium products how is it different now that you can get them through HonorBuddy Store?

Everything that is submitted to the store has to be approved by the Core devs so no not anyone can slap a name on a product put it up there and throw some numbers as a price and go. Also majority of the products have a trial period are a free version that lets you try the product out. Once again if you do not like it do not buy it.

Then there is a refund policy as well you have 7 days if i am not mistake no questions asked refund you can obtain on any product.

Now with all that said how does that change the community? All the "premium" that is on there was premium before. If you look a few posts back the KBA plugin dev actually explains why it is 3euro.

Before people make posts like this just think of the time that the community developers put into products and the amount of return they get from it...95% of us get nothing and if we do get something it does not equate to more than a coffee or two.

I wrote a very heart felt reply to another thread of similar nature. People should give it a read.

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/gener...tore-worst-idea-buddy-team-5.html#post1608084

12. slator

slator Member

Let me try to get my point across in another way now that I've had more time to think about it.

If you want to be compensated for your work, get a job. Better yet, work with HonorBuddy to come to an agreement where you are compensated by HonorBuddy. We pay HonorBuddy for the product... and if we choose, we pay specific developers for private/"premium" content that has already (for the most part) proved its worth in a free version and/or been reviewed by many people. We should not have to do that. If HonorBuddy did anything for these developers aside from giving them a custom forum title, they wouldn't feel so "obligated" to ask for money for the work they VOLUNTEERED to do.

And while I am not happy about it, yes, I did purchase a couple premium routines for several reasons. First, and PRIMARILY, there wasn't jack crap available for the class that was any good, and I needed something to remain competitive since I lacked the time to stay up to snuff on rotations. Second, they work they had done in the past gave them credibility. Third, the routines were well-reviewed over a fairly extensive period of time. These developers were smart and chose classes that had little to nothing in the way of a good CR for free and they capitalized on it. Since then, these specific developers have started to put out so much content that it is negatively affecting the quality of support they are providing across the board.

This is where I see the future of HonorBuddy; everybody is monetizing plugins, routines, and gatherbuddy profiles (really?) that were previously free because they now run slightly faster than they did before, or whatever. Where's the proof? What metrics are deciding if these profiles are worth anything? You can't review a product until you've had it for 30 days but there's only a 7 day trial. What?

And lastly, if you MUST move forward with this store plan, you should seriously dictate the costs. I'm sorry, but $30 for a single routine is ridiculous. I don't care how good the developer thinks it is; a single routine is not worth more than the bot that runs it. If someone is dumb or desperate enough to pay for a GB farming profile - $3. A botbase - $5. A *VERY GOOD* routine maybe $10. Anything more than that and you're beyond micro-transactions and into greed and thievery.

13. bennyquest

bennyquest Community Developer

Incoming wall of text.

Ok lets put this into a different structure.

You are from the states as am I. Lets think of this like quickbooks. Intuit provides the base for quickbooks and offers purchasable add-ins for more money. While the base product of quickbooks does a lot it does not do everything. You can purchase add-ins to do your invoicing, payroll, inventory all kinds of things you could dream up.

Now I will give another example. That is a software example. I work in a family business we are a machine shop, we use multiple types of software for programming our machines. One software that we use is called BobCad

BoBcad offers their base product which is 3d modeling/cam softerware. Now if you want this software to output to a machine that is another plugin you have to purchase. If you want it to output to a Mill it is one add-on if you want to output to a lathe it is another add-on. Do you understand where I am going?

Companies have been doing this same model for years, decades for that matter. Take windows for example, home, premium, ultimate, enterprise. Different versions that provide a little more for added cost. Same Core, but different "features"

Buying something on the HB store is no different than buying any other product on having to try it out or read reviews.

I do not understand why everyone is making such a huge hype about it. I am not directing this next statement at you Slator, but to everyone on the forums.

"Why must everyone think they are entitled to free products that are flawless?"

It takes hours, upon hours of developing and testing and redoing and supporting any product. Not just HB products.

Once again everyone think about the store and compare it to other things and be rational.

14. slator

slator Member

You said nothing to refute my point on price, and I feel it's a very valid one. If there's going to be cost associated with ANYTHING being added to HB functionality, it should be dictated by HB, it should be consistent, and it should be tiered. NEVER should an addon cost more than (or as much as) the bot itself. People are charging that much because they know we have no choice to pay it if we want a really good routine.

Another idea for a cost model, and this goes back to HB compensating the developers instead of making users do it; charge for different tiers of service in HB. I, for example, would've gladly paid $50 or more for HB if it entitled me to content that was deemed "premium". Leave it between the developers and HB to decide how that deal works. As a user, I don't really care. You rely on me to report issues in your content just as much as we rely on you to create it. 90% of the routines out there today, including premium, are not fully testing their own stuff. They put it out into the wild and just wait for issues to be reported so they can fix them. Maybe the developers should provide discounts to the users if they're doing the beta testing for them.

15. Ruinit

Ruinit Member

Just my opinion but, buy them or don't. HB comes with singular use that cr

16. slator

slator Member

some people enjoy beating the tanks on the meters. for those who don't care, singular is fine.

17. Kavol

Kavol New Member

I politely disagree with you slator, developers should be able to freely choose whatever price they want for their work, it's a free market, if you think the product is overpriced don't buy it. You even have a trial period and a refund policy to judge wether the purchase was worth the money or not.
      As for the statement about bugs, it's totally normal that a software has bugs, there are softwares that are used for much more serious projects and cost thousands of euro, yet have bugs. And those bugs are handled through bugs reports.
      Those softwares cost much more than Windows itself or the PC's they are running on.
      I don't believe it's possible thinking they can iron out all the bugs before releasing a new version of their CC/plugins/botbases/profiles. Sure they can make it as much bug free as possible, but something there will always be.

Edit: also many devs have shown to be understanding as they have lowered their product prices.

18. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

Singular is open source, you can modify it to suit your needs (that is something that I am missing in store product, ability to modify product that I bought)

Another thing that bothers me is lack of some "benchmark". It would be great if there was example of DPS/HPS that routine can do with some standardized gear (let´s say full timeless isle gear) on raiding dummy.

Btw for haters, I am almost sure that we will see some open source version of paid products.

19. NavyAV89

NavyAV89 Member

If a developer hasnt proven the value of their product to you, don't buy it. Or, do buy it and get a refund in 7 days if it is not what you expect.

Every one of your points has been countered by Bossland. They have taken steps to protect the user from situations you describe.

20. rtc1974

rtc1974 New Member

I have yet to be able to access the 'bought' packages through the buddy store. Brand new install on Honorbuddy, first time using the new system of streaming. Is there something I am missing?