• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Project: The Store

Discussion in 'TheBuddyStore' started by bossland, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

Apoc is there any plan, how to allow customers edit profiles from store?

2. laria

laria Well-Known Member

The ability to change settings for mailing and IgnoreCheckpoints is planned.

3. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

I believe the HB 'standard' stuff - Kick's profiles and Singular - are still going to be available as downloadable files for wannabe developers to play with. If you want to use the local version, you will need to disable streaming of that particular product through the store. This gets major ++ points from me. If only more products were available like this (like my old playground of AutoEquip).

Just be aware that developers are not obliged to fix obsolete versions of code, only the most recent version. Who knows - your bug might have already been fixed.:)

4. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Are these auto-updating profiles that are integrated with the Store ONLY available for HonorBuddy? I'm a FF14 user/developer and I'm interested in using the Store to get my stuff out there. Since there really isn't any viable CR's for RebornBuddy right now, I'm hoping that the Store will be a good place for me to post my CR.

5. laria

laria Well-Known Member

the store will be extended to our other bots in the future

6. Wheredidigo

I know this is a hard question to answer....but is there any sort of ETA on when?

Basically...the only CR for RebornBuddy is the base one provided by Mastahg and any user of RB will tell you that it is pretty much useless. I'm working on a new CR, but I would like to release it 1 class at a time and I'd like it to be done through the Store.

I just want to be able to tell the other users of RB an estimated timeline of when they can expect to use RB for anything other than a GatherBot.

7. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

Oh? There's a need of a raiding routine in Final Fantasy Reborn?

8. Wheredidigo

In all honestly....there's a need for Developers in general for Final Fantasy Reborn. Right now, the only one working on the bot itself is Mastahg, and as far as I know, the only people who are developing anything for it are myself and one other person.

If you're serious about getting into development of FF14 stuff, PM me with a Skype info and I'd love to have another person to work with.

9. inetlinks

inetlinks Member

Hello!
      If you bought a boat and then pressed the refund, then later you can buy it again?

10. psylar

psylar Member

probably not from the same boat dealer, the dealerwould not want to waste his time, going through all the change of ownership forms, the insurance, the registration, having to pay for that whole process and then having a second hand boat where it was new before, why would he want to subject himself to the pain of that customer, who clearly was tyre kicking anyway.

better to be up front with all the boat customers and say " you refund it, don't come back crying and asking for a second chance.."

Hydro likes this.
    11. Madcatz

Madcatz Member

So anychance that we might beable to upload our own made profiles an such to Mybuddystore account so that it can be stored or loaded faster rather then searching our HD or folders we have lol

12. roboto

roboto Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

source: BosslandGmbH:Getting Started with the Buddy Store (as a User) - The Buddy Wiki

13. toliman

toliman Member

The thing about this policy is, it's unenforceable outside of the store.

Different countries have different consumer protection laws about purchasing goods, especially when it comes to digital goods that may have rights attached, removed, some even cover the purchase of licenses and software explicitly.

I generally don't care about this, but it is important to be aware that specific consumer policies can be carried out by the merchant portals as well. Especially with digital goods and licensing/lease purchases.

The important thing is to abide by the policies of the merchant services of the various gateway systems, because they operate internationally and with multiple countries whom they will defer to.

If that works with bossland GmbH, then it's fine. If not, it will come up.

No need for boat and permit metaphors, it's a software licensing issue.

The kind of arcane hubris that leads to trouble.

14. psylar

psylar Member

what are you on?

I don't think a court will enforce consumer protection laws for a product that cheats at a virtual game.

try suing a foreign illicit drug manufacturer for not accepting returns.. good luck chump

or sue an overseas 0900 number for not providing a happy ending... lol you are funny

15. roboto

dont compare drugs to bots.
      drugs are illegal, botting is not

besides from that:
      the store's legal domicile's in germany, therefor german/european consumer protection right laws apply.
      and the last time I checked it was up to the merchant if he would like to do business with a customer. *irony*

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    16. psylar

psylar Member

do you think I don't agree with you roboto?

17. roboto

i know what you mean, but comparing drugs (those illegal by criminal law) to bots, which are, (if at all) disallowed by public and/or private law shouldn't be compared at no time :p

it's like comparing car jacking to drive above max speed

(btw, i was quoting your post, but refering to the one you quoted, to be precise ;))

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
      psylar likes this.
    18. psylar

psylar Member

yeah ok.

I was just alluding to the fact that if I am a thief, caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I cant sue the jar manufacturer for not making the jar big enough for me to take out my hand and the cookies...

whether you or I agree that what we do with blizzards game is legal or not doesn't matter.

if you don't want to let someone buy your product again, after you have refunded them, you don't have to.

no-one can make you, and I sure as hell wouldn't want you to.

hence my boat riposte.. I thought that guy was being a dick saying he should be able to keep buying and clicking the refund button.

and to further your analogy, its like complaining about getting a speeding ticket, whilst driving a stolen car, away from the robbery you just committed.

roboto likes this.
    19. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

In EU (at least in some countries) you can actually sue owner of house if you was hurt during burglary.

Anyway "one refund" is imho bad, because if you refunded plugin because it doesn´t work as intended or have some bugs that are not acceptable for you, you are not able to buy it again after some time when developer fixed these things.

20. patto92

patto92 Community Developer

That is why pretty much all products have a trial :) if you trail and find a bug you don't like.. wait.. If down the track it's fixed.. buy it :)