• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Quest sub-steps from within a Profile

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by rrrix, Oct 3, 2012.

1. rrrix

rrrix DEVELOPER Buddy Core Dev

[Request] Quest sub-steps via API or within Profile

It would be very valuable to profile builders, particularly for questing profiles, if we could either get the quest sub-step text or status via the profile condition parser, or at least via the API so that I can build a custom behavior around it.

E.g. A single quest step can have multiple sub-steps (see screenshots) in various forms.

Diablo III_2012-10-03_14-34-27.png
      Diablo III_2012-10-18_09-29-28.png
      Diablo III_2012-10-21_15-56-14.png

Without this functionality, it makes writing profiles, particularly for the examples highlighted, a bit difficult without being able to figure this part out.

I have questing profiles for all 4 acts nearly complete, but without a proper way to identify "what the bot should do next", stucks occur and the bot gets confused. The only solution currently is a heavy use of ActorExistsAt() and Death Handling=Logout.

Thanks

rrrix

Edit: Changed from question to request

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    2. rrrix

Or if this is possible from a mysterious object or method from within the API, if anyone knows, that would be awesome. I can't find a reference to this stuff anywhere...

3. For now, use ActorExistsAt() conditions to differentiate between the three regions (if you were interested in a work-around)

4. rrrix

WTB ZetaDia.CurrentQuest.QuestStepSubStatus[] or something along those lines.