• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • QuestBot Guide/Support/Discussion

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pushedx, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

just add phantom settings for this so aif can hzndle them then :) as ogb have

2. widds

widds Member

This is what I'm talking about ExVault..

2016-10-03 20-22-44 - vidme

Brand new created profile. Put a stack of each in the inventory, hit start, and the bot just stashes them.

3. ExVault

ExVault Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

That's not QB. Disable all non-default plugins and see if that happens again.

4. widds

widds Member

Got it. I give up.

There are two bot bases. QuestBot and OldGrindBot. This isn't an issue in OldGrindBot but it's an issue in QuestBot. Regardless if it's a third-party plugin causing the issue with QuestBot, it's an issue with how QuestBot is written as it doesn't impact the other built-in bot base. Saying disable AIF is, I'm sorry, ridiculous as it may as well be a core required part of ExileBuddy.

It's not that big of a deal, it was a minor QoL suggestion to keep things consistent between bot bases. It would be one thing to say "I'll add it to the list, it's a very low priority fix, expect it eventually" and instead just say "Well, fuck all of the other developers that work on the bot."

(Small rant, I apologize)

5. ExVault

Plugins should be made compatible with bots, not vice versa.

6. widds

widds Member

I'm going to break my "I give up" here for a moment just to say something.

I'm saying this with confidence in ToNyx's ability to write plugins as he's one of the three main plugin developers for this bot. So if he screwed up somewhere, I guess that's that.

This bot would almost be a waste of time to use if it wasn't for ToNyx, Alcor, and Torm. AutoFlask is absolute garbage (FlaskHelper replacement), ItemFilterEditor is absolute garbage (AIF replacement), there's literally no built-in method for utilizing one of the most important group of gems in the game in today's PoE (movement... PlayerMover replacement), and while we all patiently await MapBot, MapRunner is not even 1% of what MapBuddy offers. These are core plugins for the bot as far as every single person who pays the $16.60 USD a month or whatever the conversion is right now. That's literally an undeniable fact. I would completely agree with your statement if this was a plugin that some random person on the forum hacked together in an hour and posted, but it's not, and I think ToNyx is better than that. It's a core plugin. The simple fact that AIF works with one and not the other (properly) leads to - either QuestBot is written properly and AIF is not, or OldGrindBot is not written properly and AIF was written with respects to how it operated at the time. You can't say "plugins should be made compatible with bots, not vice versa" when there's not even consistency between the built-in bot bases that are provided. If OGB is just old code not updated to how the core bot operates now, and how QB operates, fine... has that been relayed at all so AIF could potentially be updated to work within the new parameters the bot requires? Is there an OGB update in the works to bring it to the standards that QB operates at? These are very basic coding principles, you don't have fragmented code in the same project.

I have the utmost respect for you guys, the other PoE bot doesn't even hold a candle to the capabilities EB offers, but in the end you're representatives for a multi-million dollar company regardless of how small this project is in the grand scheme of Bossland's portfolio. Holding the attitude of "we'll break shit how we want and community devs need to adapt" is pretty lazy and unprofessional.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    7. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi widds. I'm really sorry to hear of your frustrations, but I need to clear up a few things.

Most of what you see as "community content", is built on the work other people have done or from "stock" plugins being too basic and the community wanting better. Without MapRunner, there would be no MapBuddy. I think a lot of people forget how long ExVault has been maintaining MapRunner and how it really carried EB for a while as we otherwise had no end game support at all. AIF was made because the design of stock logic was too rigid and only exposed a small fraction of our API (and that was the case for years). To make AIF possible, we updated and extended our Python setup (toNyx and myself troll each other on a regular basis) for devs to make use of, as our original goal was to switch OGB over to a similar setup (that never happened though for other reasons). Likewise with FlaskHelper. Alcor's player mover is an extended stock version of the player mover, that comes in the Help folder, and he made a more convenient auto passives plugin. Then, there's a whole bunch of new original work being done that I know of, but those authors can talk about it when they want if they choose to release it. I know clandestin has released a Navali in the ComDev section that makes use of the new API for working with prophecies, so that's another awesome display of what devs can do. Tormiasz is always working on new stuff, and you can thank him as a lot of the recent API additions, were for things that were missing that he needed.

In any case though, it's great people in the community took it upon themselves to extend an existing plugin, or make something new and better to their liking, but that's our desired setup here at Bossland GmbH. We are grateful and humbled people can take it upon themselves to use our API to make things better or how they want. When it comes to original content, our focus has always been being able to provide the API necessary for people to do what they desire, and for the most part I'm comfortable saying we've been able to keep to that. The last year alone we've add so much new support for things in the game, and our setup really shines when people see those things being used. However, most of the time it's not us that is making use of it.

As you may have noticed, all plugins come with source and anything posted on the forums can be changed as users need as long as they keep to our general rules. As of earlier this year after the project was temporarily closed after a major game update, a number of changes were made to help devs access more content that was previously hid behind the bot itself, specifically, the code to OldGrindBot. However, most plugins you see, were built around that code base as it has unfortunately existed for a few years now. I have many posts talking about how OGB is not the future of EB and rather just a stepping stone in the direction of showing how to utilize our massive API to automate Path of Exile. The only reason OGB is still around, is because we need a basic bot implementation, and we've been unable to support another dev to focus on such up until this year. Path of Exile is an extremely high maintenance game, and you would not believe the time invested required to keep things up and running.

QuestBot is the next stepping stone for us in actual having an actual bot dedicated for quests for EB. We had one previous public plugin made by darkbluefirefly, QuestPlugin that extended OGB with more tasks to achieve questing. DBF, like the other devs in the community, put in a lot of time and effort to provide something to the community and worked around the design of OGB to make things work. However, that setup was never fated to last, because there's too many different moving parts when you make a "Frankenstein" setup of extending really old code with a bunch of different plugins and logic that is not intended to work well. The current design of QuestBot aims to avoid that by being independent of OGB, and ExVault uses his own code and can make decisions as needed to keep things going as he will be making the MapBot to replace the old OGB + MapRunner setup people used for years.

The biggest growing pains that will have to be overcome, is migrating from the old messy "Frankenstein" setup Exilebuddy has used for all its bots and plugins for years, into a more traditional, feature complete setup where you don't need a billion plugins to make things work the way you want. However, that takes time, and there will be some inconveniences along the way. I do not want ExVault making things messy in the future by trying to support things in a way OGB did just because people have coded around that. That hurts everyone in the long run, and continues the cycle of bad design, so if he needs to not support certain things, or not have the same QoL that was hacked into OGB over the years right away, then we're perfectly fine for that now, as the bigger picture issues we're concerned with are more important.

One of those bigger picture issues is making a stable code base people can extend without worries of design changes. Later this week, one of the final big updates for QB is coming before more work is transited to MapBot. Once that update is live, plugin developers can rework their code against a fixed design that won't intentionally change any time soon (although with Act 5 announced, all bets are off as to what will break). OGB hasn't had major design changes in a while, as the original code base was from 2014, and slowly patched and hacked up to keep working over the major changes this game sees almost every 3 months.

So, it has nothing to do with being lazy or not caring about our community/devs, but rather making the decisions required to keep the project progressing, and working towards reaching that point where we can simply focus on QoL issues rather than recodes of the API, or rewriting entire bot/plugin designs due to game changes. All the veteran devs know this and have been dealing with project changes that break code, and I do try to give them heads up when things are about to break, so it's nothing new, but I can understand if you've not followed EB for years that this seems out of the ordinary. Try not to think of EB as a traditional bot, because it never has been, and never be one, but rather a bot platform to do a whole bunch of awesome stuff. Various QoL features will come (you should have seen old EB!), but only when the time is right.

Right now, especially with the announced roadmap for the game, we need to make the large progression steps forward and ensure the API offers all of what people need so they can do their own thing if what we offer isn't enough for them.Anyways, I hope that helps, even if it's not an answer to fixing the issue you were having, which I cannot even look into myself right now, but I'm sure workarounds can be found or compatibility fixes be distributed.

8. tak0312

tak0312 New Member

For some reason my EXilebuddy dont have Questbot please help XD

2016-10-07 16:50:10,488 [14] ERROR ThirdPartyLoader - Cannot load [QuestBot] because an exception occurred [C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests.cs(10,25) : error CS0101: The namespace 'QuestBot' already contains a definition for 'Quests'
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A2_Q6_DealWithBandits.cs(38,33) : error CS0426: The type name 'Bandits' does not exist in the type 'Settings'
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A1_Q6_CagedBrute.cs(50,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A2_Q8_ShadowOfVaal.cs(46,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A4_Q4_KingOfDesire.cs(41,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A3_Q2_VictarioSecrets.cs(52,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A3_Q8_SceptreOfGod.cs(47,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      ].
      2016-10-07 16:50:10,489 [14] ERROR ThirdPartyLoader - System.Exception: C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests.cs(10,25) : error CS0101: The namespace 'QuestBot' already contains a definition for 'Quests'
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A2_Q6_DealWithBandits.cs(38,33) : error CS0426: The type name 'Bandits' does not exist in the type 'Settings'
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A1_Q6_CagedBrute.cs(50,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A2_Q8_ShadowOfVaal.cs(46,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A4_Q4_KingOfDesire.cs(41,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A3_Q2_VictarioSecrets.cs(52,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      C:\Users\Man Tak\Desktop\TheS\DI4Y\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\QuestBot\Content-941060\Quests\A3_Q8_SceptreOfGod.cs(47,26) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TgtManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

at Loki.Bot.ThirdPartyLoader.????????????????????????????????????????(Dictionary`2 , String )

9. eatinapineapple

eatinapineapple Member

Tip: Don't have AIF on when using quest buddy. It did not like picking up the green items. May have been user error.

10. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

I use it daily, lol

11. skyllynt

skyllynt New Member

Hi,

Just an FYI, if a Monolith spawns in Fetid Pools and you do not have the plug-in enabled, the quest won't complete and the bot will keep re-exploring (which is the default logic in that quests handler).

12. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

Is AIF compatible with questbot these days? I was under impression that it's not, but I haven't tried in a long time.

13. SithSquirrel

SithSquirrel New Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    14. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

So hm, still getting rekt by those reward quests, when he already accepts it and wants to accept it once more but can't. Is the update not out yet, month after the post or am I doing something wrong? It is supposed to get updated with the core bot right? I don't need to d/l anything extra?

15. ExVault

Update was released on October 7th. Post a full log please.

16. optelol

optelol New Member

It would be really nice to see passives support.

17. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

? dafuq did I just read.

18. Darox

Darox Member

I believe that would be the average forum post.

19. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

Code:
      [Interact] Now going to interact with "Tolman".
      [InteractWith] Now attempting to highlight 191.
      [InteractWith] The target could not be highlighted.
      [Interact] Fail to interact with "Tolman". Attempt: 1/3.
      [Interact] Fail to interact with "Tolman". Attempt: 2/3.
      [Interact] Fail to interact with "Tolman". Attempt: 3/3.
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 1/10.
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 2/10.
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 3/10.
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 4/10.
      [StuckDetection] Small range stuck count: 3
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 5/10.
      [PostCombatHookTask] "GemHandler" returned true.
      [StuckDetection] Small range stuck count: 4
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 6/10.
      [StuckDetection] Small range stuck count: 5
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 7/10.
      [StuckDetection] Small range stuck count: 6
      [StuckDetection] Medium range stuck count: 8
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 8/10.
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 9/10.
      [StuckDetection] Small range stuck count: 7
      [StuckDetection] Medium range stuck count: 9
      [ErrorManager] Error count: 10/10.
      [ErrorManager] Errors threshold has been reached. Now requesting bot to stop.
      [Stop] Now requesting the BotThread to stop.
      [Tick] Exception #2 during execution:Buddy.Coroutines.CoroutineUnhandledException: Exception was thrown by coroutine ---> System.Exception: MAX_ERRORS
         at EXtensions.ErrorManager.ReportError() in C:\helper\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\ReaveLevel\EXtensions\Content-179510\ErrorManager.cs:line 36
         at QuestBot.QuestHandlers.A3_Q1_LostInLove.<GrabBracelet>d__10.MoveNext() in C:\helper\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\ReaveLevel\QuestBot\Content-186951\QuestHandlers\A3_Q1_LostInLove.cs:line 75
      --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
         at QuestBot.QuestTask.<Logic>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\helper\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\ReaveLevel\QuestBot\Content-186951\QuestTask.cs:line 18
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
         at Loki.Bot.TaskManager.v> \]wIIA1~w#EM#dQCQzSg/c$.MoveNext()
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
         at QuestBot.QuestBot.<MainCoroutine>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\helper\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\ReaveLevel\QuestBot\Content-186951\QuestBot.cs:line 211
         at Buddy.Coroutines.Coroutine.lFHFU2_K4vb(jB Q!3R\&U2$`\&.V1|#@U2`~I;M\*K@)\.!3v\]$/c#.MoveNext()
         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
         at Buddy.Coroutines.Coroutine.*‬*‎‬****‎‎***​***‪**​‫‬**‏*‪*(Boolean )
         at Buddy.Coroutines.Coroutine.‬‬**‏**‏*‎‫‏‎​‎‎‏‫*​‏*‪​‎**‬*(Boolean )
         at Buddy.Coroutines.Coroutine.Resume()
         at QuestBot.QuestBot.Tick() in C:\helper\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\ReaveLevel\QuestBot\Content-186951\QuestBot.cs:line 142
         at Loki.Bot.BotManager.‬*‪‫**‏****‪‪‫**‬‫**‬*‏*‎‪‪‎‎*‫‫*(IBot )

[QuestBot] Stop
      [CommonEvents] Stop
      [CommunityLib] Stopped
      [AdvancedItemFilter] Stop
      [AutoLogin] Stop
      [AutoPassives] Stop
      [EquipPlugin] Stop
      [EssenceUpgrader] Stopped
      [EXtensions] Stop
      [FlaskHelper] Stop
      [Remove] Now removing [TownRunToRefill].
      [GemHandler] stopped.
      [ObjectExplorer] Stop
      [OldRoutine] Stop

If the bot tries to interact with Tolman before killing all of the piety's mobs around her (and Tolman isn't interactable, until they are all dead). He can't and gets stopped.

20. ExVault

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed in next version.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.