• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Questbot vs Gatherbuddy 2 gathering

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Phearless, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Phearless

Phearless Member

Is there a way to get the questbot to fly a bit higher? Something like the height modifier in Gatherbuddy2 bot config?

So currently I have two different flavors of gathering profiles. One is using the Questbot, which I prefer due to having access to quest behaviors and, generally, just more full, complete profiles.

And the other one uses GB2, and actually works with flying. Far more smoothly, too.

The problem is that the Questbot, even when told to fly, doesn't do it well. It will kinda sorta skim along the ground sometimes, but more often than not, it hits the ground, and starts just running. However, given the exact same hotspots (literally copy/paste from one profile into the other), the GB2 botbase has no problem flying around and gathering things for me.

*Note: I've tried adjusting the Z values on the hotspots for Questbot, but doing that has somehow managed to make the bot unable to collect anything any longer. Settings still indicate herbing and mining are turned on, but with the Z values adjusted, the bot just doesn't collect anything.

2. Multibotter

Multibotter New Member

Maybe you can use PB with GB2 for your (converted) quest behaviours?

3. Phearless

Phearless Member

Profession buddy just calls the other bots. Like.. it'd still just use QuestBuddy and point it to a profile, it doesn't actually do the farming itself. So that's not actually a viable solution

4. EchoTiger

EchoTiger Official Profile and Singular Developer Staff Member Moderator

That's the thing about Questing. You're not limited therefor you're expected to tell the bot how to behave.
      GatherBuddy is a much more simple botbase which is designed for developers/users who don't know as much about what their doing.
      It flies high because that's what most people want it to do. But with Questing, you can make it fly high, low, or upside-down even.

In HuntingGround's code for
      TryFlightor(); the default minimum height it defines is 15yards if the hotspots are on the ground. This is where your specific problem is.
      HuntingGrounds does this because it's a general purpose logic for doing quests. You wouldn't want the bot flying 200 yards above the ground while questing.

You mentioned you tried raising the Z coordinates, which is the solution.
      However, you probably didn't increase the collection distance of the behaviors.

The built-in "Mine Herbs" and "Mine Ores" logics have a range restriction because most people don't want their bot running 100yards away from a questing area just for a single herb.
      Therefor, you should use a behavior such as InteractWith to handle farming the herbs/ores.

InteractWith has a default collection distance of 100yards, meaning anything above 100yards will be ignored.
      You can increase this by adding CollectionDistance="500" to the behavior. This will tell it to look for objects up to 500 yards instead of 100.

The default for InteractWith is 100 because that's the average phase-out distance for most objects. However, this is only accounting for horizontal distance, not vertical.
      Vertical distance does not trigger phase-out. So you can be over 200+ yards from an object vertically and still see it. But if you go 200+ yards from an object horizontally, you won't.

So your solution would be to not rely on "Mine Herbs" "Mine Ores" and instead use InteractWith.
      And on InteractWith, set a high collection distance.