• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Question about blacklisting Mining/Botany nodes.

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Yasuko, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Yasuko

Yasuko Member

I created a profile to farm some crystals specifically, and the location that I have set this for is a pretty small area with only 3 active nodes at a time.. the problem is that these nodes are relatively close together and that it is going between the same 2 node locations only. It is not hitting the third location at all, thus not allowing the node that has crystals to spawn. I have tried removing the route to a specific node as well as blacklisting the entire area the node is in to try to make it go only between the two that has crystals and the following happens:

1) Blacklisting area the mining node is in does not do anything when a path is set to that node.
      2) Removing the path to that node and keeping the area blacklisted keeps generating that no path can be found which just makes the bot run randomly around the current other paths and will not allow it to select a different node..

I've tried looking around to see if there was a way to blacklist a specific node to prevent the bot from every registering it as one to gather but came up empty handed.. anyone have any ideas on how to make the bot totally ignore that location of the mining nod?

"[04:44:39.381 N] Unable to find target that we can path to, check the radar for nearby nodes and try adjusting the profile. Moving to furthest waypoint to search for some."
      ^that is what it keeps spamming when registering the first node .. and even though it will follow the path to another node, it will just continue spamming this

UPDATE: Ok it appears that it will register the blacklist of the area only if the node is not active when you start the bot. I went ahead and mined it to make it disappear before starting the bot.. after that, the bot has not attempted to go to that location, except when its showing as the closest node to go to. Would be nice to totally disable even attempting to run to that node.. blacklisting the area is not doing it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    2. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

1) Blacklisting area the mining node is in does not do anything when a path is set to that node.

This should be working. I'll look into why its not.

3. Yasuko

Yasuko Member

Yeah after mining it then starting the bot it would go just fine and not even attempt to run towards it, even when it spawns in the node rotation.. I've been running it for a few hours and watching it.. it seems like its registering the node being there before registering it in a blacklisted area.. so far on two accounts its been running fine after doing that.. although I did edit the profile to remove the path to that node as well as blacklisting the area.

But my question is basically: is there a way to blacklist the node instead of the area? I find it quicker to rotate through 3 node locations when farming crystals specifically as it gives a higher yield rate to crystals, since there would be 2 nodes with crystals, and one node without crystals.. Blacklisting the area could through off pathing in future profiles if it needs to run near the blacklisted node to get to another node.

Thank you for the reply, it could very well be something I was doing wrong.. but I tried multiple ways before deciding to start the bot without that mining node being active.