• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Question about OrderBot gathering profiles for Crystals/Shards/Clusters, and Achieve

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Profiles' started by jungleslang, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

I've discovered all shard and crystals nodes relevant to profiles and my interests, but as I used these profiles to gather my way to 50, I have yet to discover clusters.

If I use a cluster farming profile, will it know which slot is the cluster to just grab it or do I need to scout ahead?

Also, I wanted to run a botany crystal farming one, but it refused to work. I'm not sure why. It would load, then cancel. I had the behavior tags etc in the right folders and my SVN stuff is all copied correctly. The one shard profile I picked up (not sure where, I didn't notate which user things came from enough initially) did work but it would farm say 2000 of this shard, then 2000 of the next and as my farming for 8 hours straight is conspicuous, I'd like to know how I can set a profile to just farm say wind crystals or water crystals which I know I can sell immediately vs accumulating them all and then having to choose what to sell while the market prices may flip all around during the whole day of farming it would take to do the entire profile.

lastly, did I screw up somewhere or is there no "Logging the Hours: La Noscea V" profile? I'd like to be able to run the V's one I hit 50 so I can use that to get closer to 51 and crafting a universal gathering set that isn't going to cost me 10m gil a la the artisan/forager/militia/dodore type stuff

2. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

It depends on how the profile author wrote the profile. Using <Slot> will gather the slot of the item, regardless of what item is actually there. Using <ItemName> will only gather the item with that name if it's already discovered. I would suggest to scout ahead if you're not sure which is in the profile you're using and/or don't know how to modify the profile to suit your specific needs.

I have a Crystal profile on my SVN under "Gathering/Botany" that you can set Crystal quantites individually (compared to just setting the same quantity for all Crystal types), so give that a try and let me know if you have any issues with it.

Did you try the profile located here?

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/rebor...otany-profiles-leveling-farming-grinding.html

3. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

I've gotten handy at editing the profiles to do things, i.e. grab an experience providing item rather than a shard on a zone achievement, that way i can be leveling and getting the zone achivements at the same time. I must have not understood something in the coding when I first looked at it for the crystal profile. I seem to have two profiles for crystals in my existing folder. One that bugs out and one that works, I did nothing to either. Can you directly link the crystal profile you're referring to so that I can delete the two I have and know the one I add is correct?

It looks like I simply missed getting that one profile, as I had all the others to match. I swear I looked around, but I guess with how much I've been juggling today, my eyes just glazed over.

Another question about these gathering profiles, specific to the achievement ones.

What would I need to do in order to, say, combine Thanalan, Black Shroud, and La Noscea V's into one profile? That way I can go to be and know that when I wake up it will have logged about a million trees or whatever. I'd guess the logic would have to be something like the bot detecting how many times you successfully gathered, or how many you had of whatever the gathering profile gathers in your inventory. I was inspired to that idea by the fishing leveling profile that fishes say 26 times then moves. I thought, huh. What if I could make a profile know I mined 4000 times successfully and then move on to the next achievement?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    4. y2krazy

https://github.com/y2krazy/profiles...files/Gathering/Botany/[O] [BTN] Crystals.xml

Specifically this section:

Code:
      <!-- User Configuration -->
      <!DOCTYPE Profile [
        <!ENTITY FireCrystals "2000"> <!-- Fire Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
        <!ENTITY IceCrystals "2000"> <!-- Ice Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
        <!ENTITY WindCrystals "2000"> <!-- Wind Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
        <!ENTITY EarthCrystals "2000"> <!-- Earth Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
        <!ENTITY LightningCrystals "2000"> <!-- Lightning Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
        <!ENTITY WaterCrystals "2000"> <!-- Water Crystals to gather before stopping. -->
      ]>
      <!-- End User Configuration -->
      You would need to combine everything from between the <Order> tags from all 3 profiles into one "main" profile as well as anything in the <CodeChunks> section. Then, you would need to add conditionals to each of the gathering tags similar to the way I did it for the Crystals profile so that it would exit the Gather tag once it reaches your preferred quantity.

5. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

Cool thanks for the help. On the quantity thing, since all kinds of fish get caught, how would I quantify for the condition? Or would it just know it was 2000 total caught

6. y2krazy

You could use "not HqHasAtLeast(FishId,Quantity)" as the conditional.