• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Question for the recently Banned.......

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by Raaz, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Raaz

Raaz Member

To all that have been recently Banned. I was curious as to how many of you use the Buddy Launcher to start the game.

2. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

Buddy Launcher has nothing to do with bans

3. nooblet

nooblet Active Member

I'm more interested in how many were using the *****ed version lol. I dare say about 99%

4. Altard

Altard New Member

I was banned on 1/8 and I wasn't using a *****ed version.

It would be nice though if we could easily swipe this banwave under the rug and play it off like those people are at fault cause of their own stupidity.

5. JustLikeThat

JustLikeThat New Member

nope

6. Tyrantp

Tyrantp New Member

I used the simcraft raidbot CR for less than 20 minutes, was kicked off and had an email. It's definitely automated. It's definitely focused at combat rotations. I don't care all that much, I don't really like WoW I'm just waiting for the new EQ server but, ya. Sucks to lose the money put into it. Idk what they haven't said anything as to how/why people that use CR's are getting targetted, but it's clear they are. I'm willing to bet a much larger margin have been suspended than has been reported on this site. They can say pretty much whatever, and it might be true...there may be no raw detection from warden. But something about the combat routines is definitely flagging and auto-suspending the users. My brother has 3 WoW accounts, lives about 45 minutes from me. I ran over there and asked if I could give him 20$ to test something, I loaded up the simcraft raidbot not 40 minutes ago - joined LFR (took about 10 minutes) not even 5 minutes after hanz and franz were down on an account that has NEVER had HB loaded before he got this email/I was kicked off AGAIN!

Greetings,

Account Name: WOW3

Account Action: 6-Month Suspension

Offense: Exploitation of game mechanics

Recent activity on this account has shown characters exploiting functionality to the detriment of the game environment or the intended player experience.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Terms of Use: blizzard.com/company/about/termsofuse.html

Exploitive gains such as items or currency may have been removed as part of this action. Further inappropriate behavior may result in additional penalties, including permanent closure. For dispute of this action and further information on exploitative activity, please review our appeal process: battle.net/support/article/how-to-appeal

This World of Warcraft account will be reactivated on September 25th, 2015.

Thank you for your time and for understanding.

Regards,

Customer Service
      Blizzard Entertainment
      https://battle.net/support

Keep in mind his account has never even had HB loaded before, so while saying they can't detect HB/There isn't a banwave might be true, they definitely have something going on for combat routines. His shaman used it for less than 20 minutes total and I was kicked offline. No I don't use the pirated version, mine is payed.

7. Tier539

Tier539 New Member

I was banned. I did not use the buddy launcher and have a 100% legitimate copy of HB. I use Enyo+HB 3 hours a night 3 nights a week for raids. I also use it for about an hour each morning every now and then to do some garrison things. I had just gotten through using GarrisonLite when I was Dc'd and banned, I hadn't used Enoy+CR since Sunday.

I'm convinced that there was some repeatable action that the GarrisonLite Botbase did and cause my account to be flagged. Once it was flagged, then someone cam and investigated me the next time I repeated that action, and even though I was not AFK from my computer I was still being watched and then got banned.

8. tomcruise

tomcruise Banned

how on earth would they detect combat routines when the character is controlled by the player, to a server it looks absolutely identical to a real player. take the tin foil hat off

9. Altard

Altard New Member

A ban wave is when flagged accounts or consoles are all banned in a short period of time. Usually a large amount of accounts or consoles are banned in a short 24 hours time frame.

Urban Dictionary: ban wave

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/2378668/0/0

Microsoft investigating wave of undue Halo 4 perma-bans - Destructoid

https://tribot.org/forums/topic/34571-ban-wave/

Bots and Cheaters Banned - News Discussion - RuneScape Forum

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/41b791bf72dd514dd787be18faf7d97c7e51bac3

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1x77s9/ban_wave_today_hoorah/

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Ban-Reports-Information-FFXIV?page=33

Ban. Wave.

From our own Honorbuddy Sticky thread: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honor...ts/6155-tell-difference-banwave-bad-luck.html

These questions get asked every week, so some answers for those of you asking them:

- Blizzard piles up bans for days/weeks at a time before banning everyone at once. Its a scare tactic. If there was a banwave, you would see hundreds of threads, not 5.

10. Res03

Res03 New Member

Or a banwave can be when blizzard is waiting for a certain set of actions to appear and bans the account instantly, same thing just one is proactive and the other is reactive.

11. Gaaldornick

Gaaldornick Member

If that gets you through the day and makes you feel less worried playing with the bot, good for you. Definitely not the case though.

12. PeterLong

PeterLong New Member

He's a tard, not only was my HB 100% legit, 3 instances paid for, I paid Tuanha for his FULL rotation list ($89) and I paid for GarrisonButler Lite.

And I'm also 6 month banned, so he's just stirring up crap, ignore the trolls.

13. ChrisAttackk

ChrisAttackk New Member

This ^

14. Poptarts

Poptarts New Member

It's likely the garrison bots, they're a key theme and it doesn't take a large leap of logic to discern why walking a set path with no mobs, quest items, environment quirks, etc to provide any variation makes you targeted easily by automatic bans, this is probably just a new path they cooked up since almost all of their prior ones revolve around movement or player reports.

You might think it's innocuous because it's isolated but in all honesty a garrison bot has got to be the most easily detectable thing out there, especially in an environment where everyone else bounces around like an idiot because there's nothing to fear. We'll never know for sure though because people love to lie about it. I've seen three "I only used combat routines!" today alone just to search through their history and see farm profiles and garrison bots on all.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    15. Taran32

Taran32 New Member

Exactly this. ^^^^^^

I've read through over 30 reports today and most of them had this as a common theme among the typical Gathering/questing/farming/AFK BG denominators.

16. Killean

Killean New Member

Has his IP been botting before?

I do not play often, but I use enyo and raidbot CR whenever I do play. I've been using them for a long time. I have zero bans on this account.

17. ball

ball New Member

It's actually quite easy. Just compare the world of logs data for 2 players on the same boss with the same cr and I'm pretty sure a clear pattern will emerge.
      So as we know Blizzard is monitoring raids for statistical purposes etc. it shouldn't be too hard to isolate players that behave very similar in 99% of the cases. Also keep in mind that the routines play the classes a lot better than 90% of the community.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    18. Shylari

Shylari Member

I mean, I see what you're trying to say- but there are a couple things debunking your theory.

1. World of Logs has pretty much fallen out of favor. WarcraftLogs has been the new hotness now for a while, and even there, you can set your parse data to private if you're botting.

2. After 'ability pruning' most classes have a pretty basic rotation that isn't hard to execute nearly as good or better than the bot (depending on your own comfort with your class).

3. Even if people use the same CR, not tweaking the settings, completely changing things, and managing your own cooldowns is just asking for trouble.
      -Auto-buffing makes you look like a bot
      -Auto-engage makes you look like a bot
      -Auto-interupt, especially in raids where most people have an 'I INTERRUPTED THAT' addon is pretty telling

4. Most of the people getting caught have some variation of AutoAngler, GarrisonButler, Gathering, or Leveling listed in their 'unsupervised usage'. Rapid firing through 11 characters on a server, all doing the same garrison stuff, back to back is essentially screaming 'Hey- look at me automate this shit'.