• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Questions about concede

Discussion in 'Hearthbuddy Forum' started by Azoth, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Azoth

Azoth Member

Sorry if these sound noobish. I did a quick search and got the general concept behind autoconcede, but I have a couple of lingering questions.

As I understand, the main purpose is play against worse players, for the purposes of leveling. I'm unclear on the mechanics. If you concede at the right time, it counts as a loss for ranking but as a win for other purposes? Does it count towards 30w/day? The ranked-only part confused me a little, but I assume that its easier to do in ranked, or casual works on a different system? If I wanted to do (real) ranked later, would I just be totally screwed for that month? Is it significantly faster wins than just casual spamming? Do regular (non-bot) players do this too? Is it a pretty accepted/safe strategy, or more of a 'do at your own risk' thing (obviously all botting is this way, but I mean more than usual)?

2. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

From my understanding, you don't lose rank until you hit 20. You shouldn't auto concede before then (I've tested that myself, and you don't lose stars).

Once you hit 20, and you want to stay in the 18-20 range for various things like card backs or the rewards for being ranked in the season, the goal is to "balance" your wins with losses to keep you in the same rank range so you can farm wins more easily than higher ranks.

With the current option, it's for the specific case of:
      1. you win a game, gaining a star.
      2. you concede your next game, losing a star.
      3. you can't drop below (>=20) rank 20 for that season, so as long as you keep doing this, you'll never rank above 20.

In the future, the options people want are things like "rank until X level", then concede to drop a bunch of levels. This is useful for win streak bonuses and the like, but it's a quality of life thing for now, so low priority.

As for doing the method and how it relates to botting, I have my own concerns about it, but people really want to do it, and there's nothing against the rules for it. In a sense it's "gaming" the system, since you're more likely to be able to win at lower ranks and do your quests and stuff, but on the other hand, you're not trying to get the highest rank. Some people want to actually get as high of a rank as possible though, so they don't use the method. I feel that the bot should at least play the game a bit more, and possibly just "play to lose" rather than concede, but that's a bit more complicated. It's hard to say just how many people do it on a normal basis and how that compares to people botting, but if you just bot a ton of games, it's certainly going to stand out (but once again, not against the rules).

3. Azoth

Azoth Member

I see. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
      I have another question, unrelated but I guess I'll ask it here instead of flooding with threads.
      What does the option 'RoutineMustDraftArena' do? Even with it off the bot still autodrafts when you run it on arena. Is there any way to make it play arena matches, and then stop after finishing (losing 3)? I might want it to finish off an arena set, but not necessarily start a new one, since the draft priority still needs work.

4. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

RoutineMustDraftArena is an option I've not explained yet, but it forces the current Routine to draft arena and will stop the bot if it doesn't.

DefaultRoutine implements arena drafting logic, so whether you enable it or not, will have no impact on you.

In the future, the community can make their own Routines that have custom draft logic, or no draft logic at all. If you were using a routine that did not draft arena, and had that option enabled, the bot would stop rather than randomly choose your next arena's hero and cards. This is sort of a safety switch to make sure people don't accidentally have arena runs with random cards.

However, it's an 'option" because routines won't have to implement arena drafting logic if they are only for a specific game mode, say constructed using a very specific deck. I probably will hide it in the future, since most users would never need to change it, but it's there for some early development testing.

As for your other question, the plan is to have things setup so users can do things like that, play an arena game, wait, play an arena game, play a different type of game, etc... without having to manually change setting manually each time, but the system is not in place yet.

It requires some minor code modifications, but if you re-enable that setting first, then stop the bot and exit, and edit "Routines\DefaultRoutine\DefaultRoutine.cs" and change around like 499:
      Code:
      // The bot is requesting arena draft logic.
      if (type == "arena_draft")
      {
          await ArenaDraftLogic(context as ArenaDraftData);
          return true;
      }

to

Code:
      // The bot is requesting arena draft logic.
      if (type == "arena_draft")
      {
          return false;
      }

DefaultRoutine will no longer perform arena drafting logic, and the bot will (should!) stop on your next arena run since it doesn't implement any logic for it. You should see the error: "[DraftScene_ArenaForge] The Routine did not make an arena draft selection. The RoutineMustDraftArena setting is enabled so the bot is now stopping." as a result.

DefaultRoutine is actually missing a lot of settings, so once we get a stable release worked out, we hope to avoid issues like those by just having things more configurable.

5. Azoth

Azoth Member

Thanks pushedx. You're a god among men.