• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] Raid Studio: Cataclysm Bundle

Discussion in 'Neutral' started by Studio60, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Rogtrainer

Rogtrainer New Member

Hello, When are now the doors finally opened?

2. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

It is out of my hands, so I can't say.

Each new product goes through two approval stages:

1. Code Approval - A Bossland staff member checks our code for potential security holes.
      2. Tester Approval - Another Bossland staff member tries the profile and checks if it works as advertised.

I have no way of influencing or knowing how quickly that process will be completed. If there are issue my submission might even get declined and I will have to fix the problem and resubmit it. But trust me, I am just as eager as you people. :)

3. Studio60

Just because you people are so eager, I will give you an update. :)

All Cataclysm products are now in the testing stage at Bossland.
      When the testers get to it, they either approve it and it will be on the store or they find glaring issues and decline it. We will know soon enough.

4. trashmaster

trashmaster Member

@Bossland: He's n awesome coder, no problems with any of his products in the past. Release the code! :)

5. darkson83

darkson83 New Member

exactly realsed it :D

6. Studio60

That is so nice of you. :)

I have to admit, I found a few issues, but I am already working on fixing them. Melee combat on Ultraxion trash still seem a bit wonky. Honorbuddy has some serious navigational issues when trying to move to one of those drakes and Singular doesn't help with it. This means I have to once more override most of the stuff HB and Singular offer and come up with my own technique. I also need to add out-of-dungeon vendor runs to BOT and BWD. This is more of a feature than a bug really, but it doesn't make sense to kill bosses and leave the loot lying around and even though there is a warning if you don't have enough inventory space, people tend to ignore it or just don't see it.

I would also like to point out that Singular does terrible DPS on some classes which means you need better gear to beat it. For most classes and fights an average item level of 650 is fine for 25HC and some classes can do with a lot less, but if you want to make it really easy for your character then do these two things:

1. Go get Tanaan gear for your alts. Do it until you got the 675 upgrades and get yourself a nice 695 weapon through the apexis upgrade token. The free BuddyTeam Tanaan Diplomat product is simple, but effective. It does have a few bugs still, but I used it to gear up a lot of my characters during development of the Cataclysm Bundle. Don't forget that a level 1 Bunker/War Mill doubles the chance of getting epic upgrades out of your baleful tokens. This is really helpful.

2. Get yourself the Mark of Supreme Doom from Kazzak. Especially if you are low on selfheal this thing is amazing due to its high leech value. If you are really set on running those raids for example with a mage on 25HC go get this trinket, but all other classes benefit from it as well. If there was a good time to spend a bonus roll - this is it.

On a different note:

I would love to add the current fixes to the release version, but that would mean I would have to cancel my current submission and start the whole process all over again beginning at "Code Approval". So instead I will prepare the update and submit it, as soon as I see that the bundle is live. Then I will bug a staff member to approve it. Should they consider the melee issue on Ultraxion a decline-worthy reason, then we are all screwed and have to wait longer, because then the whole process will definitely start all over again. I already said multiple times that Cataclysm raids require a bit of work to get your characters in shape and it might help to get specific talents, so "legally" it is okay if some classes do have a hard time. But it is a bit of a gamble on what to do, to get the project as fast as I can into your hands.

7. Swartgolf

Swartgolf Member

HI any update on your product release ?

8. Studio60

I have received a contact request by the tester which means he either found a problem he needs fixed before release or he has some questions about the testing process. I don't know more yet.

9. Swartgolf

Swartgolf Member

ok. thank you for the update

10. Sean25

Sean25 New Member

Was the contact a kick back?

11. Studio60

When I have news, I will tell you :)

12. Studio60

I talked to the tester and it is likely, we'll get it on the store this weekend. I just need to catch two people on skype to get this done, but I don't know when they will be online.

13. darkson83

darkson83 New Member

shhh cant wait my all toons waiting for it :)

14. Studio60

He would have pressed the button this morning, but I insisted that my latest changes go live with it and now we need a code approval person to check those changes first. :)

15. trashmaster

trashmaster Member

man you try our's patience sorely... :p

16. Studio60

Hey, I want to get this out as much as you do.

But there is also the thing about quality. What good does it do to anyone if your characters keep dying on one encounter half-way into Dragon Soul? You would be pissed and I am the one to face your wrath and suffer more refunds. :) I want to release good stuff and good things take time. Also today it has been exactly one month since i decided to really go for it and create this bundle. And is one month of development time really this much?

And in case you are wondering how much work went into this bundle: I put in almost 400 hours over the last 31 days.

17. trashmaster

trashmaster Member

Uhh didnt mean to cause a nuisance.
      Quality comes first, I totally agree. Im really tense to see the DS fight on dragonĀ“s back. Its a pain in the butt soloing this boss.

18. solar

solar New Member

like all the other profiles i plan on buying this the second it comes out

19. Studio60

I didn't take it that way. No worries.

And Spine of Deathwing is technically interesting, yes. It took me about a day to come up with a basic working concept of the strategy and then countless more hours to refine it. There still is a slight chance of falling off on a phase transition. That will never go away. But I am pretty content that the bot will do a better job than most humans that just fail on this encounter. :)

In general Cataclysm was an interesting experience during development. I found quite a few shortcomings of Honorbuddy and a few more of Singular. When you have to code your own mini combat routines just to get an encounter to work, you know that there is something wrong with the base program. Sadly the number of enemies that are affected by this is very small so these issues won't be fixed any time soon. This also means that any calls for making my profiles TuanHa compatible will fall on deaf ears. You will have to wait for my own routines if you want good DPS in my profiles. :)

20. Studio60

I appreciate this. Let's hope I can get a hold of the right people soon enough. I know they are all quite busy.