• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] Raid Studio: Dragon Soul

Discussion in 'Neutral' started by Studio60, Oct 17, 2015.

1. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

Hey Studio,

Is there an actually reason you say only use singular like can it do stuff other cr's can not? or is it just because your suits are only tested with Singular? Only asking because sometimes auto attack does more dps then singular..would be great if i could use another.

titanlock likes this.
    2. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Well, testability is of course a reason. These raid encounters can be really intricate. I have to test my raids with 11 classes and 34 specs (minus heals). Adding other CRs to it means a multiplication of that testing effort and it would mean I would have to pay for CRs, run them, report bugs to the original developer and wait for a fix to even release my own products. That just does make no logical or financial sense. Tuanha's routines alone are ~200 € if I were to buy them all.

If you don't mind a technical answer - here it goes too: I have yet to find a CR that flawlessly implements the so called "CapabilityFlags". We have ways to toggle off certain features of a combat routine like Interrupting, Pet Use or AOE. But most CRs don't respect these settings even though they should as it is part of developing a CR. Dragon Soul has so much custom logic in it, I had to write my own Mini-combat routine and embed it into the profile just to make it work the way it should. If I turn of AOE on Spine of Deathwing and the CR thinks "Rain of Fire" is a single target attack then I am just not going to bother.

But what I am going to do (sorry for repeating myself) is to develop my own CRs. My profiles will then automatically (and for free) use my CRs and with this I can just get rid of the Singular issue. And if people want to use them with other products, they will also be available on the store for sale. But as I have said before stuff like that takes time and I am a single developer. So for now I would suggest that you run Singular on as many profiles as you can and report every single problem in the Singular support thread to light a fire under their ass so they get that thing in shape. Or you live with it until I am ready to give you my stuff you can just try to find ways to make it work with Singular. On certain gear levels which are available through Tanaan, every class should be able to run 25HC.

3. xsilverdicex

xsilverdicex New Member

Good answer explained what i wanted to know perfectly.

Have been having a couple problems with Shadow priest and Frost DK running singular on "DPS RACE" fights, both have item levels of 680+, They just lack the dps with singular, If i switch to Enyo and a paid CR dps almost doubles and the boss's do not stand a chance. But this is obviously not something you can fix over night, I may try tweaking singular myself until they fix it as it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

4. Studio60

If you are referring to Ultraxion what you might try is having a few Draenic Intellect/Strength/Agility potions in your inventory. There is a specific option in Studio Companion that allows the bot to use these items on that specific boss fight (and a few others in the Cataclysm Bundle).

5. Inko

Inko Member

If we speak about Tuanha's CR, they work pretty well with most of encounters, but some have problems with targeting, like Sindragosa, they don't want to target eggs. At the same time they work better than Singular on Spine of Deathwing.

6. Studio60

I am sorry, but it is impossible that TuanHa works better on Spine of Deathwing than Singular. Spine of Deathwing does use my own mini combat routine. The combat routine selected by the user is deactivated in that encounter. All movement and spell use is custom code programmed by me. :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    7. titanlock

titanlock Member

tried this with a 670 demonology lock as well, everything was fine until ultrax, it doesnt even get close to finishing him off even when using the potions when i did it with my 700 fury war, it barely made it with the potion.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    8. Studio60

Yeah, I think we have established that Singular is bad on some classes/specs. If you have ideas on how to improve demonology DPS I would urge you to open up a bug report in the Singular support thread so that Bobby can improve it.

9. shakran

shakran Member

i love you so much since i boug your wonderfull/amazing profile i got invincible drake of south wind and now experiment 12-b i love you so much !

10. shakran

shakran Member

sorry for double post but to be honnest your mini cr handle spine better than me :D

11. Studio60

Thank you very much. I am happy you liked it.

If you enjoy my products so much you could maybe consider leaving a rating/review on the store for others to see. :)

12. shakran

shakran Member

if u tell me how to do it i will gladly do it :p

13. Studio60

It is very easy. In my signature is a link to all my products on the store. You just go to the product that you bought (like the Cataclysm Bundle) and there is a "Write a review" link. There you can give a product 1-5 stars and write something if you want to. This also works for free products like the Studio Companion plugin you are using.

14. shakran

shakran Member

done unfortunatelly i can't review each product specifically so i did only the bundle and plugin :'(

15. Studio60

That is not a problem. I feel people are mostly interested in those anyways. :) Thank you for taking the time.

16. Studio60

Version 1.0.151208.1 has been submitted and is now awaiting approval.

Code:
      [B][U]1.0.151208.1[/U][/B]
      [B][I]Spine of Deathwing[/I][/B]
      - Balance druids no longer use Sunfire 
      [B][I]Madness of Deathwing[/I][/B]
      - Character now loots Spine of Deathwing loot chest if it is still there

17. titanlock

titanlock Member

might wanna put a tag in the script somewhere to use a potion on Hagara as well, almost all my toons are unable to finish her off before she does that 4 minute water bubble channel, it wont end your run by any means but itll add 4 minutes on for no reason. or maybe try to assist singular with some burst, that's where it really seems to fail on all classes ive tried it on.

18. Studio60

Singular does not understand that long cooldowns get reset after raid bosses even though it has a manual list of these bosses. I will put it on the list, but it is lower priority as it is a non-breaking issue. I am more interested in a general version managed by the plugin where you can check whichever boss and it will use the potion at the appropriate time.

19. Studio60

Version 1.0.151208.1 has been approved and is now live on the store.

Code:
      [B][U]1.0.151208.1[/U][/B]
      [B][I]Spine of Deathwing[/I][/B]
      - Balance druids no longer use Sunfire 
      [B][I]Madness of Deathwing[/I][/B]
      - Character now loots Spine of Deathwing loot chest if it is still there

20. titanlock

titanlock Member

bug

still having the issues on spine where it somehow loses an amalgam after first tendon and never gets another before ultimately failing hard.

Attached Files: