Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

RB closing randomly with no errors in logs

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Support' started by Xyq123, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

1. Xyq123

Xyq123 New Member

Hello,
    The past few days I've had a problem with RB randomly closing on me, and from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a cause.

I did a fresh install, installing only Lisbeth and Agil to test it. The problem still persists.
    I've removed both of these and will test with just fate bot.

I've included two logs from the previous two force closes of RB.

Edit -I've attached another log, 15068.
    I've been looking through windows event viewer, and nothing is coinciding with the force closes. RB just seems to not like running anymore and shuts off.

I've tried everything I can think of. Fresh install, no plugins, lots of plugins, I even reinstalled windows to see if that would correct it. Nothing has worked so far..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 11:20 PM
  2. zzi

zzi Active Member

Chances are there is a .net exception that's hard crashing rb. To find this do the following:

Start -> run -> eventvwr.msc

On the left side Expand "Windows Logs" Click on Application

On the Right Side Click Filter Click the Down Arrow next to Event Sources and click the check boxes for both .net options.

Then look at any errors that are there.

3. Xyq123

Xyq123 New Member

There are two from 3/11 pertaining to RB. One points at Kefka, the other is for "Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.StackOverflowException"

But the logs I've attached were from yesterday and today. Which I don't see any .net errors crashing rb from yesterday or today.

4. zzi

zzi Active Member

The log errors you attached don't contain a crash or any information to indicate abnormal behavior. This indicates one of two things:

1) Dot net is crashing in a way that RB cannot catch.
    2) Some other application is interfering with RB. This could be anything from Windows (the operating system) closing it for reasons (out of memory, hardware issues, etc) or an antivirus or similar application closing it.

Your best bet is looking for items in the event viewer to see when it crashes. Alternatively launch reborn buddy from the command line and wait for it to go away and hope that an error message shows up in the command line.

5. Xyq123

Xyq123 New Member

I ran from cmd line, no error message came up when it closed.
    When looking at event viewer, the only thing that coincides with the crashes is windows security audits. Nothing else is coming up in Event viewer at the same time as the crashes.
    I have an exception in my firewall for RB and I'm running as an admin so in theory it shouldn't be windows security.

I've been tracking my memory usage and I'm not running out of memory.
    I've reinstalled .net 4.7 and 3.5.

The problems started happening when I upgraded my GPU to a 2080. It was working fine with my 1050 before that.

6. Xyq123

Xyq123 New Member

I do get .net errors when trying to load RB not as an administrator. RB won't load at all unless I do.

https://pastebin.com/9JvmLSC2
    This is the error I get.