• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [RePear] Repair Bot for Rebornbuddy

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by kagamihiiragi17, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

[RePear v3.0.2] Repair Bot for Rebornbuddy

I know a lot of you have been wanting and requesting this for a long time, it's finally here! :D Thanks a ton to Mastahg for explaining how to use the navigation system (and for showing me how futile it is to not use TreeSharp), and thanks to Exmortem for helping me out on how to actually use TreeSharp so I could get this plugin up and running!

RePear v3.0.2 - Repair Bot for Rebornbuddy

[​IMG]

I've tested this pretty extensively with Order Bot and gathering profiles, and I did a little Fate Bot testing too. There are almost certainly still bugs in the plugin so please report any problems you have so I can fix them!

Download
      View attachment RePear_v3.0.2.zip [v3.0.2]
      What RePear Does
      RePear is simply a repair bot, it repairs your gear at an NPC of your choosing on an interval which is also of your choosing. It's really quite straightforward.

How to Set Up
      Download RePear above and extract it to the Plugins folder. Your folder tree should look like Rebornbuddy > Plugins > RePear > RePear files here.

For starters, make sure RePear is enabled (the checkbox next to RePear in the Plugins tab should be checked.

Now it's time to open the RePear window. To do this, highlight the line with RePear on it and click on the RePear button on the right.

RePearRebornbuddy.jpg

This will open the RePear window, seen below. Here is where you choose the interval on which you wish to repair. The default is one hour, but it can be changed to as low as every 10 minutes and as high as every 4 hours and 50 minutes.

RePearRebornbuddyWindow.png

Now that you've set up RePear, all you need to do is start your bot and when it's time to repair RePear will choose the closest NPC, repair your gear, bring you back to where you were, and restart whatever task you were working on. Hopefully everything here made sense, but if you have any issues getting it set up just post in this thread and I or someone else who knows what's up will help you out.

- kagamihiiragi17

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
      RhysG likes this.
    2. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Let me be the first to say.....THANK YOU! This has been a needed function of RB for quite some time!

Now down to the hard stuff! =)

Do you have any future plans for expanding on this plugin? The first thing someone is going to ask for is for the plugin to just find the closest repair NPC to wherever they currently are, and then just go to that one and repair. Now that we have OrderBot with the ability to change zones, and we already have FateHunter with the ability to change zones, people are going to ask to be able to repair automatically no matter what zone they're in without them having to set the NPC every time.

Also, have you tested what will happen if you are currently in a different zone than the zone that you originally pointed this plugin to? Looking at the code, I didn't see anywhere where it set a current zone at the time someone clicks "Use Current Target" or "Use Current Location" and then does a check to make sure you're in the same zone before it tries to navigate to that location. I can foresee some pretty strange behavior if it tries to navigate towards a location that doesn't exist on the current map.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    3. kagamihiiragi17

Certainly people will want it to be fully automatic, but that just isn't feasible yet. We don't have a database of all the repair NPCs and their exact locations as of now. It's certainly possible but that would take a lot of work.

Also, if you're in a different zone than when you specified your location, weird things could happen. It will navigate somewhere weird maybe, or it might be unable to navigate there at all.

In this initial version I'm definitely relying on the user to supply correct inputs. I want to add many more features, but I wanted to get a version out that people could use in the interim as well.

4. Klacid

Klacid Member

It's gonna be so ironic when I use this to farm apples.

5. TehMorbid

TehMorbid Member

Really glad to see some new stuff releasing for this.

6. zhenk

zhenk Member

thanks kaga!

7. RhysG

RhysG Member

A huge step in the life of reborn buddy.

Thanks a hell of a lot!

8. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

You are misusing Navigator.MoveToPointWithin, this function is meant for picking a random movable location within a large radius.

Just use CommonBehaviors.MoveAndStop instead.

9. kagamihiiragi17

I didn't realize, oops. Updated version in the main post.

10. RhysG

RhysG Member

Doesn't seem to work. talks to the mender, hovers over the first option and then leaves.

I take it this only works with menders and not merchant and menders?

11. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Looking at the code....it should work for both Menders and Merchant and Menders.

12. kagamihiiragi17

Please provide a complete log and I'll take a look. It should work for all repair vendors, and it works fine for me for Merchant & Menders.

13. RhysG

RhysG Member

re-ran to provide the log, but it worked great this time.
      The only problem is it runs back to the spot it was at when it started to run the the mender. This is an extreme inconvenience when mixed with fate bot

14. kagamihiiragi17

Glad it's working for you now. I just pushed an update where Fate Bot will now immediately resume control after repairing, it no longer returns to its initial location. You can update from the main post.

15. RhysG

RhysG Member

Awesome, testing now

I was wondering, is there anyway this can be paired with the areas fate hunter teleports you to?
      So it can have a pre-built list of Menders names and locations for everyone?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    16. kagamihiiragi17

That's a desired feature but it hasn't been implemented yet. I wanted to get something functional out in the meantime for people to use in the interim until that feature is complete.

17. Dgame

Dgame Member

For those of us with all crafting jobs max level, it would be nice to be able to repair our gear with dark matter. No Npc involved. Just click on your gear in the menu and click Repair all if you wish.

If their was a way to go by the warning message you get when your gear is 10%, I think that would be the most efficient way, so you don't waste Gil, time or material when repairing your gear.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    18. Klacid

Klacid Member

Works for me but occasionally buys a hoplon every now and then.

19. cameronss816

cameronss816 New Member

Getting stuck when trying to go up stairs and is even getting caught on trees.

So.... Does it record how I got back to where my farm spot is from the mender or should it automatically path...

It gets caught on stairs and just sits there in my log saying sprinting ... DoActionSpell 3 0ex0000000 and repeats forever?

20. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

It should path, I would think? Maybe put up a log file?