• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [RePear] Repair Bot for Rebornbuddy

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by kagamihiiragi17, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

Please post a complete log file, not just a snippet, and I'll take a look.

2. kagamihiiragi17

I currently have no intention of adding this feature. It's a feature with extremely minimal use which saves minimal time or money. I'd rather work on other projects than that feature, sorry.

3. Dgame

Dgame Member

I respectfully disagree that such a feature is "extreamly minimal". Someone like myself that HQ craft grinds,raids and gathers. This would be an extreamly valuable tool. Just as one example, after you gather a ton of mats you could craft in your private room. No one to bother you and all crafting finished to keep your inventory space under control. And have plenty of food or spiritbond gear ready to go.

Maybe it depends on how much you play or just how active you are within the game. Novus,crafting,gathering,raiding etc.
      it's far from "extreamly minimal" not to mention Gil saved.

Hopefully one day you'll understand and if we're lucky can have this as an option.

4. RhysG

RhysG Member

At this stage in the bot's life cycle asking for a feature will be used by few.
      Many people here may not have any crafting professions maxed out and thus will be useless to them.

That and that the bot has no crafting features as of yet means that the market such a feature will be aimed at will be near non-existant.

The idea is great and I hope it will be added, but in due time. There are many other more important things that developers can work on.

5. kagamihiiragi17

You just gave me one extremely specific example and said that it isn't minimal. Your example is also voided by the fact that rebornbuddy doesn't even have crafting features yet. For 99.9% of the users, this plugin does what they need. For the amount of work that would currently be required to implement your desired function, I'm not going to do it right now. All of the window interaction for self repair is not implemented in the bot, so that would all need to be written from scratch. If you want to write that plugin yourself, go right ahead.

6. Klacid

Klacid Member

It is minimal, though. Like you, I have all my crafts maxed but I keep on forgetting repairing via dark matter anyway. If you craft and gather as much as you claim to do, the few thousand gil saved by using a DM5 is offset by the amount of gil you make anyway.

There are better things to spend time on, is what I'm saying.

7. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

So I was running this alongside fatebot in Coerthas since it was the most appropriately leveled zone with a repair person available, and it doesn't seem to be repairing. I set it to every 10 minutes because I was hoping to watch it repair. 10, 20, 30 minutes went by and it didn't even attempt a repair...

8. kagamihiiragi17

I can't do anything without a log. Please post a complete log (not a snippet) and I'll take a look.

9. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

I am running it again right now for a bit. Will post a log for you shortly.

10. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

Ok so this time it seems to have run near repair guy, however it just kind of stopped after that....

I was running an orderbot (confirmed working) profile with it.

Attached Files:

11. Dgame

Dgame Member

I count four but hey...it's all good. Regarding the cost offset due to all the crafting and gathering I claim, it's maximizing efficiency how I see it. Just how others see things differently. I was just trying to make a suggestion that I thought would be helpful. Obviously it's not, to enough people here it seems. I'm still looking forward to the program and this community to grow. Don't forget to smile while doing all that development lol.

12. kagamihiiragi17

After re-reading my post it sounded kind of snarky, sorry about that. Didn't mean to be. But yeah, adding in self-repairs just isn't on my radar right now.

13. kagamihiiragi17

Can you tell me what zone you were in, what vendor you were trying to use, and what your settings for RePear are? I need to know what vendor you're trying to use, please open the RePear settings and tell me the vendor name and the location you have set.

14. cameronss816

cameronss816 New Member

It's literally like every zone for me.. Am I supposed to set up a path because it's like hugging walls of whatever and getting lost on the map. Never makes it to a vendor at all... All I have pathed is what I am gathering and then next to the vendor I target with repear and then set location near the vendor as well...

So as far as an example goes for the log while running:

Attached Files:

15. cameronss816

cameronss816 New Member

Ignore my Seahawks stuff if you're a 49ers fan :p.

16. kagamihiiragi17

Are you changing the vendor for each zone? With the current state of the bot, for each zone you move to you need to go find a new vendor and re-set all the settings. Also, please post a log file from the logs folder, the log you showed me just showed the bot trying to sprint.

Also, go Hawks.

17. cameronss816

cameronss816 New Member

Here you go, my bad thought I included that.

Attached Files:

18. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

Absolutely!

Repair every... 0 hours 10 minutes
      Zone: Coerthas
      NPC: Merchant & Mender
      Y 302
      Z -202.9006

Interestingly it seems to behave differently with fatebot versus orderbot. With fatebot it just seem to ignore headed back to reapir at all. With orderbot it will make it to the general location of the repairer but will just sit there super far away.

19. cameronss816

cameronss816 New Member

There at the end it was freaking out again, that should be easier to see... It looks like it's setting a point to move to, but doesn't know what to do?

Attached Files:

20. lordofthereef

lordofthereef New Member

Was yours running into a wall? It did that once to me too.

What is bizarre is it keeps behiving differently (for me). LOL.