• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Request] Nexus Light Grinder (Garuda HM/Titan HM automation?)

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by schopenhauer, Nov 10, 2014.

1. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

[Request] Nexus Light Grinder (Garuda HM automation?)

EDIT: I made a mistake in the title, I meant Ifrit at the time, not Titan, but I think the easiest route is simply just Garuda atm.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make something that would basically grind the nexus by automating the Garuda/Ifrit HM fight(s). The fight(s) are pretty straight-forward, especially when it comes to SR'ing it for nexus on DPS (seems like it would probably be harder for tanks/healers). Garuda would be the easiest because simply setting her to follow should get you out of her mechanics, unless it follows and you're facing her with the tank. Ifrit is harder if for no other reason than dodging the charges.

All that would be needed would be something to wait to engage until tank does, an already developed CR, and maybe a follow Garuda set to a certain distance, I'm a bard so I would say 3 or 5 would be good w/o getting hit by the typhoon phase if DPS is lacking.

I think a good portion of us hate the more grind-heavy portions of the game, thus the use of the bots, so I think it would be nice to have something farm the lights, even during off-peak lights for those fights is still better than nothing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    2. exaccuss

exaccuss Active Member

A nice idea, but then those fights have to be meshed, routines developed etc which sounds like it would take a lot of timei believe. I think until combat routines get more refined, it would be better to just focus on them for the moment.

3. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

Kupper works great for it (the routines currently out all should work fine, or would they not work?), tbh I can pull in about 10-15 more by doing it on my own, but I barely lose as bard w/just the routine. Only thing that would have to be done is a simple follow @distance on Garuda if that's possible. I would do it myself (set a manual /follow in-game, can you even do that to mobs in XIV? you could in XI, haven't tried it in XIV), but she jumps into the air so it fucks that up as soon as that happens.

Most people use Garuda spam for lights exclusively as it is.

Not sure how hard it would be for melee classes, but bard, summoner, and blm I would assume it couldn't be too bad considering the size of the arena.

I take it the mesh is so it could be slightly randomized so there aren't a bunch of RB users mimic'ing the behavior?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    4. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

I have pretty much no idea where to start or how I could go about this, so I wanted to ask those much more intelligent than I...

Is there currently something already out, that perhaps is used for something completely different, that I might actually be able to modify w/o a mountain of trouble to basically wait until a mob is pulled/engaged by another party member (for example a tank pulling to begin the Garuda fight) and at that point to issue the player to follow/stay at 5 yalms from the mob (in this case Garuda), and when she uses her fly-off from the screen to basically wait until she reappears at which point the 5 yalm/distance would then again be forced? All this while having a premaid CR running Kupo/Kupper/Magitek/etc?

Was going to attempt to just Ghetto /follow Garuda with a CR running to do a slightly automated Garuda HM farm, but alas there is no way from inside the default game to allow a /follow of an enemy.

5. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Just use the fate bot.

6. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

This I shall try, would be awesome if it works.

7. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

Is there any way to make it recognize the actual fight as a FATE, or am I just doing it wrong? I tried taking off all restrictions, and making sure boss was clicked etc, but it doesn't attempt to navigate once the fate is started, even if I try using The Howling Eye (Hard) in the "just this one fate" box. Or is this impossible to do out of the box without editing bot files?

8. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

Actually don't worry about it I'll just suck it up and do it manually, I shouldn't even be trying if I have no idea what I'm doing, should have left it at a suggestion. Thank you though.

9. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

He wasn't saying use FATEbot in an instance like Garuda. He was saying use FATEbot to farm your lights. Each FATE done will give you 1 point. It will take a while, but it's AFKable.

10. schopenhauer

schopenhauer Member

Oh, well that's embarrassing.