• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Request] The Battle for Mount Hyjal (raid farm)

Discussion in 'Requests & Discussion' started by Freebzz, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Freebzz

Freebzz New Member

I'm looking for a profile that farms the Battle for Mount Hyjal in it's entirety for transmog. The Botanist made one a while back, but it seems that he's deleted or no longer supports it. If someone has made or can point me in the direction of the profile, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's so tedious to do this without the bot, waiting every 30secs for a new wave of trash mobs is boring.

2. xwozone

xwozone Active Member

How far will the trash take the rep? Is it just basically sit in one area and grind? Does the raid need reset before the boss is killed?

Give me some more info.

i haven't done Hyjal raid in years. Ill see if i can make a profile for that. I also plan to do a Brood trash farm profile if this goes ok.

3. Freebzz

Freebzz New Member

The raid does not need to be reset after killing the bosses - just need to speak with the base leaders to start the waves.

The first area with Jaina you can essentially stay at the entrance of the gate and all the waves will come in that direction. For rage winter chill - death and decay must be avoided. Jaina must be spoken to after rage is killed to start the next wave.

The second area with Thrall is much more complicated and varied. Yiu cannot sit in one area and kill the waves. A path will be needed for gargoyles and infernals as they spawn in the back and the frost wyrms will need to be LOS'd for melee classes.

After the two bosses are killed in that area. Speak with Thrall and proceed to kill Archimonde. Nothing special needed there.

4. alpha2twin

alpha2twin Member

What particular items are you looking for with regards to transmog?

5. Freebzz

Freebzz New Member

Mainly the weapons off Archimonde + tier 6 gloves and head. Cataclysms edge for instance. There is a nice staff and bow that drops as well. Not to mention the molten claw which drops from trash.

6. alpha2twin

alpha2twin Member

Ah ya, Cataclysms Edge is nice, have it for my warrior. As for the Claw/Fist of Molten Fury have a look at this profile only took about 2-3 hours before I had 1 of them :)

[N] Fist/Claw of Molten Fury - Endless Farm

I'm sure it's possible to create a profile for all of Hyjal Summit, there are some custom behaviours for avoiding ground effects like death and decay.

Maybe I'll expand on my profile a to run the whole raid :)

7. Freebzz

Freebzz New Member

Go for it! I'd be happy to donate for a working profile. I think the biggest challenge would be the Horde camp.

8. alpha2twin

alpha2twin Member

Yep the horde camp would be, the rest is really quite simple.

I'll check it out when I get home later and I'll update this thread once I have something to show :)

9. alpha2twin

alpha2twin Member

The profile will now complete the first camp without any troubles and will run to the horde camp and talk to Thrall.

As there are a number of different mob spawns and different areas where mobs can spawn I am currently looking to find the best way to have the profile deal with this behaviour.

I'll update again once I have at least the first boss encounter of horde camp complete :)

10. Freebzz

Freebzz New Member

Nice! There are a few waves at the horde camp that don't require complicated behaviors - but the gargoyles and frost wyrms will be difficult especially for melee classes like warriors. Those mobs will not come into melee range unless they are LoS'd or interrupted. Infernals will just need a loop around.

Excited to test it :)

11. alpha2twin

alpha2twin Member

I've been somewhat busy over the past few weeks so I haven't had a chance to look into this. I have some free time again so I'll be working on this profile again :)

12. CyberPrep

CyberPrep New Member

Would love to know when this is up. Been searching for a profile for Hyjal, I hate running it manually. Looking for Cataclysm's Edge and the tokens from Archimonde so I have to get past the two bases and I suck at writing profiles myself.

13. 420noscope

420noscope New Member