• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Returning to Legion...

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by jhartman1991, Mar 19, 2017.

1. jhartman1991

jhartman1991 Member

Honestly, how safe is it to bot right now? I understand, if you are afraid to lose something, do not do it. I get that. But are people that are posting in the ban section just doing it way overboard? Is it safe to do a few hours a day? Give me some feedback! Thanks!

2. Azhemoth

Azhemoth Active Member

The 'normal bans' are about the same as they've ever been.
      Of course, depending on what you bot, the risk is different.

If you're doing things like questing, you shouldn't really have to worry at all.
      Other things like BG botting/etc - that's pretty much a guaranteed ban.

But there's also banwaves you have to keep an eye out for, which if you're afraid of banwaves, the best way to avoid them is not to bot 2~ weeks after a patch.
      Detection for banwaves can only be added within a game-patch, and Honorbuddy is currently setup to bypass all the detection vectors in this current game-patch.

I'm assuming there will be a patch this coming Tuesday.
      So after Tuesday, don't touch the bot unless the team announces they've found the detection and have patched the bot to bypass it.
      (that is, assuming there will be new detection vectors in this next patch, which there probably will be)

If there is no word from the staff that detection was found when the Honorbuddy update is released, then I'd advise not using the bot for about 2~ weeks (as I mentioned earlier) since that's about how long it'll be before the wave.
      After the wave, give the team some time to confirm that they properly found the detection and have updated Honorbuddy for it - then update your Honorbuddy and continue botting.
      Rinse and repeat from there.

Most people I've talked to who have used this method have completely avoided the last banwave.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
      nooblet likes this.
    3. Suarnix

Suarnix Member

Don't use HB for personal needs. Every account you bot on will get banned pretty quick those days.

4. bk11

bk11 New Member

Thanks for your input on this matter. Are you saying it's possible to avoid banwaves, then, if you don't bot until the Buddy team patches the bot correspondingly?

Just wondering because I think this might have been my mistake. I was hit by the Nov. 2016 ban and given 6 mo. suspension, and I had started HB before patching was finished.

5. chtpm

chtpm Member

It's not possible to completely avoid bans especially if you are talking about ban waves. If you bot you will get banned.

6. lowquality

lowquality Member

I was thinking about coming back for legion also, but then i see they canceled my key and want me to buy another; not worth the risk considering the ban waves