• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Rifter - A Bot for Rifts!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by NoWayLol, Apr 12, 2014.

1. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Well everyone, I'm gonna go ahead and just discontinue this project. I had so much fun creating it so it's kind of sad to let it go lol, but I know when I've been beat. DyingHymn has put in double time getting this working here - http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonb...files/158846-rift-bot-yet-another-rifter.html

When I started Rifter I had no clue how to make profiles even so it was a pretty big challenge, I've learned a lot though and it's been so much fun. The first version of Rifter was nothing more then a create game, open rift, enter then clear. It had no support for moving to new levels and everything. When I clicked start for the first time though, on that basic crappy lil profile it brought a pretty sweet smile to my face.

My lack of knowing all of the API and everything is what got me though, plus DB having poor support for it originally hah. I would have made it to the finish line eventually, just would have taken a little bit longer. At least someone in the community made use of what I had started and made it better.

Anyway, RIP Rifter. :p

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
      Gentoo likes this.
    2. mattdee

mattdee New Member

Good call starting a new thread.

Going to give your newest revision a few hours of observed running. Will let you know any issues I come across and we'll try to get em fixed.

3. iPanda

iPanda Member

Great profile.

Works like a charm for me.

4. vogel81

vogel81 Member

Has been working great for a while. Small suggestion. If the bot reaches the end of the rift (via stone) and 'thinks' it hasn't seen the rift boss which sometimes happens, why not have it go talk to the rift quest guy anyway once or twice before restarting the game just to be sure it completes in the event that it just missed the boss being killed.

Otherwise things seem to be going really well! Thanks a ton!

5. hezhiweitian

hezhiweitian New Member

what happen to the old thread?

6. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Sounds good! Just let me know.

Thanks ya. :)

Interesting, first time I've heard of that, I will look into it! Thanks for the report.

7. darkking2751

darkking2751 New Member

why my bot just kill the guardian and leave game ? not return Quest to the guy to gain exp and gold :( currently using Rev 61,trinity 1.8.20 and,Qtool 1.5.24

8. Clownfisch

Clownfisch Member

9. _Steve_

_Steve_ New Member

Running Rifter Core, sometimes it will TP out if it reaches the end, even if Rift Boss hasn't spawned. Is that a known issue?

10. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Seems like both of you have the issue. I will take a look at why that could be happening.

Also thanks for that list Clownfisch. :)

11. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Max floors supported right now is 6, should have more soon thanks to Clownfisch :)

12. sikk

sikk New Member

Working very well you get w/ default DB + trinity - After EZUploader fiasco couldnt even start DB

This has nothing to do with you, but anyone new to profile might consider >not< updating to .20 just yet

13. chrome

chrome New Member

I think those people having issues with leaving game after rift boss is killed is because LeaveGame was added without talking to the quest guy first as a failsafe (basically what vogel was asking for).

14. chrome

chrome New Member

I'm using the newest .20 trinity and it works better actually. Some code was specifically added to .20 to make the pathing better.

15. sikk

sikk New Member

i updated to .20, then a potion fix was added on the svn, when i updated again completely broke for me, i'll try again w/ out the potion fix and hope i dont need it

16. pootn

pootn New Member

100 X better then rev 1 lol i remember when you werea little people _.< its running great just the rift bot killed leaving befre quest that has ben said about 5 times now

17. sikk

sikk New Member

Did you manage to get into contact with the devs yet NWL regarding what information you needed to 'track' the Rift Boss?

Still seems to ignore him if he spawns just out of range, but close enough to get the boss icon on mini map

18. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Sadly no, but I think one of the mods is going to redirect the message for me, so hopefully soon. :)

19. sikk

sikk New Member

Super, I run extended so its not all that important to me, but an extra kill is an extra chance ;D

20. chanel420

chanel420 New Member

NWL,

I posted in the other thread. I think it is important.
      The <!-- Town Stone check --> needs to be call BEFORE the boss check or remove all together. It is the reason the bot is stuck when it finds the stone before it finds the boss (which happens more than we want because we don't have some of the actorID for a few of the bosses.

This is why sometimes the bot is stuck when it finds the stone. What's happening is.

while (no boss)
      while (no stone)
      explore/fight/etc
      endwhile
      endwhile

Scenario 1: found boss before finding stone = fight boss, he dies, rift end, happy ending
      Scanario 2: found stone before finding boss = end exploring/fight because all that code is inside the no stone loop, this is why the bot is stuck.
      It is waiting till it finds one of the boss, but there is no code for it to explore. All the exploring code is inside the (no stone loop) which we are done with because we found the stone already.

Solution:
      We need to find all the bosses ID and switch the Town stone check w/ the boss check. If we don't have all the bosses ID, the code will just keep exploring endlessly.

Hope I'm making sense.