• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Buddystore

Routine: Monk - Sweeping wind+WoL issues

Discussion in 'Trinity' started by Ontis, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ontis

Ontis Member

I believe the same problem occurs with some LTK builds. The problem is that the bot just keeps spamming WoL/LTK/any other ability without Sweeping wind stacks up. This leads to major spirit losses, loss of survivability, drastic DPS losses and overall pathetic performance which leads to constant deaths.
    Personally I am using the Kyoshiro's Soul belt and I am quite surprised by the fact that Monk routine has no specific options regarding this mechanics. I'd say there definitely must be some check in Sunsuko:WoL/LTK spam code so that these spendes are NEVER being used when Sweeping wind stack count is 0 or 1, only when there are 2+ buff stacks onboard.
    Therefore I'd like to ask someone to modify the routine accordingly. Sadly, latest versions of Monk routines are very different from the ones we had several months ago. I was unable to find a way to fix this. Can someone else try this?

2. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

The problem is that the build you're using is probably not defined specifically and thus you're using the default routine. The default reoutine handles everything generically so the bot will move around and cast your skills but there isnt always a synergistic logic to it.

If you wanted to tinker on your own, all of the builds are now in the Trinity > Routines > Class folders.

Link the build you are trying to use otherwise we dont know what you're trying to do.

I made a One Punch build today that still needs some polish but it keeps SW stacks up, casts WoL appropriately, spams dash and other skills when cooldowns are available, shrines, pylons, in-geom, etc.

skynetwork likes this.
  3. Ontis

Ontis Member

As far as I know Trinity only has four Monk routines: Default, Shenlong, Sunwuko>LTK and Uliana. There is no Sunwuko>WoL routine so I have to use default one. Should I switch to LTK one and hope that it works properly with WoL?

4. Swe

Swe New Member

The LTK build works well to start with, and then it's the One Punch we all love and want :)

5. skynetwork

skynetwork Member

can confirm that... one punch with WoL works great with the LTK routine... rushing through t11 like a charm. i do not use t13 as you can't really onehit mobs and over time, the amount of keys gathered when onepunching at t11 is of far better value...

6. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

I have a specific one punch routine that I made yesterday, someone is testing it, will probably be out soon.

It is clearing all torments and bounties really well so far. Some tweaks are needed then release.

7. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

My One Punch routine is now included with the latest Trinity BETAs found in the Discord #BUILDS channel. Link in my signature if you haven't been to Discord before.

I have been running T13 rifts, lowest set so far has been 3:30. Highest set has been 6 minutes (testing a lot of combinations).

There is a link with a d3planner inside of the routine in Trinity to give you some gearing ideas and what rolls to get. Basically CHC > CHD > Cooldown > Cost Reduction.

Some key points:

• It keeps up stacks, will move away if stacks drop until they get back up.
    • WoL won't kill your last stack all of the time.
    • Sweeping Wind stack loiter range set to match Blinding Flash range so it can still be used as stacks build.
    • When Laws of Seph is equipped/cubed, blinding flash will be cast when you're missing 165 spirit.
    • Dashing strike stays away from enemies more while in combat and moving. [When using a Channeling pylon, its still set to go crazy for clear speeds]
    • Cluster Size in Trinity will now override the previous Wave Of Light cluster settings
    • Trash and elite range are configurable in the Trinity Settings > Routine tab
    • Mystic Ally will prioritize the recasting of Air Ally if you're under 150 Spirit and not avoiding

Works great with any second weapon and weapon cube slot [Kyoshiro's blade is required in the build].

Lower Torments
    I prefer using nemesis in the cube with envious blade. Wearing in-geom as my other weapon.

Higher Torments
    I prefer using gold wrap in cube and either the rabid strike or in-geom. Wearing vengeful wind as my other weapon (primarily for RG fights). Epiphany with Insight Rune.

High Spirit Build
    Incense Torch and Cindercoat in the Cube.

Any build with Rabid Strike make sure you use Epiphany. If you're using the GoldWrap in cube, definitely use the Epiphany Insight rune.

Routine can be forced or will auto-select if using:
    6 piece sunwuko set bonus

Items: PintosPride, TzoKrinsGaze, KyoshirosSoul, KyoshirosBlade,
    Skills: WaveOfLight, SweepingWind

8. tigersfan855

tigersfan855 New Member

I just logged in to comment and say this Routine is AMAZING.

Monk is now clearing elites off screen before I even see them. The Monk will still walk into Melee Range on Rift bosses, but as soon as Sweeping wind hits 1 stack, it Dashes away, lets it reset a few stacks and then continues casting from a distance.

Thank you for this!

Edit: Just watched the boss get a CDR Shrine and watching it use that is awesome!

9. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

Happy to hear that you like it.

The elite thing can be weird, it has to do with how elites are weighted/handled in the game. To account for this, the sweeping Wind stack building should force the character to move away if a stack issue is created.

You can also modify the attack ranges in the Routine tab inside of the Trinity Config as needed.

10. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

Latest Trinity has an updated version of the WoL Routine, FYI

Important Note: if your cluster size is set above 3, it can lower the builds effectiveness for higher torments due to the way KyoShiro's Blade works (additional 200% damage when hitting 3 enemies or less). You can fiddle around with your settings to see what works best for you. If Wave of Light is killing trash with one shot anyways, it obviously doesn't matter.

I also added Legacy of Nightmares routines for LTK and Wave of Light.

Please note that the LoN Wave of Light build is just for fun
    • It can't really compete with the SWK build for damage and thus clear times.
      • LoN LTK build competes with SWK because its much better at procing the Gyana No Kashu fireball. Wave of Light doesn't have anything similar to balance out the missing set damage.
    • If someone was so inclined to do build testing with it, I would be interested in
      • A Lightning Wave of Light setup using the Lightning rune, stacked lightning damage and Rabid Strike.
      • Different combinations of spirit regen or spirit savings to maximize casting, minimize downtime and increase damage to teh max
      • Generally the best practice for using this build to it's full potential.
    • It would be useful if you already had all of the LoN gear and not the SWK gear, but that situation is highly unlikely.
    • It was added because the code was all written across the LoN LTK build and the Wave of Light build anyways, just gives you something fun to play around with.

LoN LashingTailkick definitely competes with SWK LTK though. The primary reason in the Gyana No Kashu.
    When using Sunwuko, your attacks are limited by your sweeping wind stacks and Spirit.
    • This limits how often you can really cast LTK and thus limits your ability to cast Gyana No Kashu fireballs, which is a huge damage dealer in the build.

When using LoN, this is completely different!
    • You can wear Spirit Reduction gear and it opens up your potential build options across both equipped gear and skills used.
    • Due to the lack of Sweeping Wind stack requirements, this build can absolutely spam Lashing Tailkick.
    • Using Blinding Flash - Replenishing Light + Laws of Seph [cube], Mystic Ally + Air Ally, and using any combination of Scarbringer [required], flying dragon [cube, optional], In geom, Rabid strike, etc.
    • What you will get: Gyana No Kashu Fireball Machine Gun.

11. kc0716

kc0716 New Member

Hi Two Cigar,

Is the Classic One Pounch routine V 1.3 ? Just wanted to make sure I am looking at the right one

12. TwoCigars

TwoCigars Active Member

We currently have some issues with out of date profiles in the latest Trinity BETAs.

If you have one of the latest Trinity BETAs from SVN or Discord, You can delete these files from your Trinity > Routines > Monk folder:
    MonkOnePunch
    MonkOnePunchSettings
    MonkLegacyOfNightmaresLTK
    MonkLegacyOfNightmaresLTKSettings

The latest version of "OnePunch" Is MonkSunwukoWaveOfLight
    The latest version of "LoNLTK" Is MonkLoNLashingTailkick

13. solessthanthree

solessthanthree New Member

Hey TwoCigars, I really appreciate your support with the routines.

I've been using the standard Sunwuko's with LTK setup and it works great with the monk routine but I've been noticing that while avoiding to regain sweeping wind stacks, the bot will sometimes run into a wall or a corner and get swarmed, meaning it has to wait and rely on Sweeping wind to crit and proc stacks.

DB log spams "[Trinity 2.55.707][Routine] Can't cast anything." which I'm guessing means there's no skill with priority. This happens pretty commonly in close quarters or higher level GR and could be upwards of five seconds. Is it possible to make the monk autoattack or LTK to fish for crits or reassess for avoidance when this happens?

I just grabbed the latest DB and trinity betas so I should be on the latest versions. Thanks!

edit: I wanted to mention that my intention was to to take advantage of exp pools because the monk very rarely dies when not avoiding

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  14. freddieheh

freddieheh New Member

Any updates for the Sunwoko routines?

15. motor4ikk

motor4ikk New Member

I have a problem. Bot don't kite on elite and rift guardian . If elite stay after door or appear on pilon bot stay close and spam Wave of Light , when rift guardian appear bot run to guardian and figth close, and great gem "Zei's Stone of Vengeance" useless. If i meet Orlash it always 5-6 deaths and bot leave the session.
    It would be great if bot kite 20-30 meters when see elite/rift guardian and try to keep distance.