• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Sahagin Dailies WIP

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Sodimm, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

Here's the profile so far:

All is good, up until I get to the SubZone. It tries to run off the ship, which I assume is because the XYZ coordinates are wrong. Question is; where do I get the SubZone coordinates from? And is there even a mesh for it, or do I have to control the bot using commands? I have seen similar commands in Mastahg's Kobold profile (ClimbHill et al).

I use:

Code:
      Log("{0} {1}",WorldManager.SubZoneId,Core.Player.Location);
      To get SubZone ID. This also posts a coordinate, is this specific to the SubZone, or the same as if using the usual location code?

Attached is the profile so far, any information as to the successful navigation of SubZones will be greatly appreciated, and will hasten the completion of the profile.

Regards.

Sodimm

2. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

I'll post logs tomorrow Mastahg, when the dailies reset. And I run the profile anew.

3. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Code:
            <If Condition="(GetQuestStep(66922) == 1)">
               <UseTransport NpcId="1005946" DialogOption="0" InteractDistance="3.5" XYZ="-236.3111, -41.49948, 17.99537" />
            </If>
            <If Condition="GetQuestStep(66922) == 1">
               <TalkTo DialogOption="0" InteractDistance="3.0" QuestId="66922" StepId="1" NpcId="1005946" XYZ="-236.3111, -41.49948, 17.99537" />
            </If>

You are taking the transport then trying to talk to an npc back where the transport was. I assume thats your problem.Also, you take the transport then have tags for a completly different quest in a different area thats no good. Order is important.
      Try this:

Attached Files:

4. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

How did I not see that the exit portal NPC was the wrong ID. Seriously need a new xml editor that's easier to read :p. And ofc, thanks Mastahg for showing me how to setup transport enter/exit properly. I'll test it later, hopefully the quest is available.

5. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

OK, so everything's working great on that quest thanks Mastahg :). Now for another question, again on SubMap 947 for Quest 66923 (A Crateful Response).

I set the middle of the field as hotspot, and the IDs of the interact-able crates. Now the bot does this correctly, only it targets the crate without moving inside the blue zones to summon the add (approach distance). Can I add an approach distance modifier to the code? (see below), or will I have to create more tighter radius hotspots for each zone the players required to enter in order to summon the mob?

If the latter. It would be a great help if some other developers can extract the XYZ coordinates for the aforementioned zones, as I cannot return (Blasted Dailies).

For convenience, this is the code it's currently using:

Code:
      <If Condition="IsOnSubMap(947)">
               <If Condition="GetQuestStep(66923) == 1">
               <UseObject NpcIds="2004006,2004005,2004004,2004003,2004002,2004019,2004018,2004017,2004016" QuestId="66923" StepId="1">
                  <HotSpots>
      			<!-- NEED MORE DEFINED HOTSPOTS? (AREA TOO WIDE, DOESN'T STEP INTO THE ZONE) -->
                     <HotSpot XYZ="-836.7148, -25.64775, 888.2733" Radius="80" />
                  </HotSpots>
               </UseObject>
               </If>
      Niggling details aside, the profile is only 3 quests short of complete, so anybody who would like to give it a try in it's current state is welcome to do so.

As an aside: When trying to pull NPC IDs for the various items needed to interact with, there are multiple ID (see code above, example only has 3 items to interact with, but 9 IDs) whereas only 5 are required. How do I know which ones are the appropriate ID, or should I just list them all?

Furthermore, an updated profile for developers to look at is included.

Regards

6. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Try adding

Code:
      UseDistance="1.3f"

The default is 3.4f

7. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

Thanks Mastahg, I'll give it a shot. I'll report back.

8. Sodimm

Sodimm Member

Unfortunately, the quest didn't come up today, but the code has been added, so if anyone could see if they have the quest they could maybe test it for me. Attached is the current version 8/10 quests complete.