• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • ShamWOW for HB2 - An Enhance/Elemental/Resto + PVP/RaF Healbot by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. jawn

jawn Member

Got an issue when starting up 1.9.2.1 with this CC. I receive a "There is no Initialize() in this cc." in the debug log window and the bot doesn't do anything. I've attached the Log file.

Edit 1: Odd issues here.. I don't think its the CC causing the issue. Moved toon to a different computer running same setup software wise) and seems to be working fine. So have to trouble shoot this computer.

So far on the new computer runs great, just on this one it won't run... will try to figure out..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2010
    2. Pexus

Pexus Member

Nice. I'll test it!

3. StephanT

StephanT Member

Thank you very much, this CC works like a charm.
      It's the first CC I've seen that actually uses racial abilities, in this case - Berserking. <3.

Thanks again.

4. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

Yes, I was refering to Cure Toxins, I was using Mord 45-60 Profile and at level 55 on Western Plaguelands, I get 2 diseases at same time but it doesnt dispell any.

5. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

I was referring to the Cleanse Spirit as well as the Cleansing Totem. Late night and not enough coffee yet. Sorry for any confusion regarding spell names.

For fights with disease or poison you want cleansed in current version, set Cleansing Totem as Water Totem in your PVE Totem Bar. That fight you described is a pefect use of it and demonstrates the flexibility of being able to assign your own totems to the totem bar.

I'll add support for other cleanse abilities in an upcoming release.

6. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks StephanT. I think most CC's use racials, but implement different theories on when they should be used. The prior versions of ShamWOW saved them for use only in fights under stress ( multiple mobs, elites, etc) to make sure when they were needed they weren't on cooldown. Now you have the choice of using CD's and Racials when available ( Fast Kills [PVE Realm]) or saving them for troublesome fights ( Survivability [PVP Reams]) by selecting the PVE Combat Style you prefer in the CC Configuration.

7. jaycrew

jaycrew New Member

I posted last night after running ShamWOW for about an hour, but after running random BGs overnight I simply have to come back to rave again. For a first update for HB2, this CC is a tremendous effort -- spell choice and defensive reactions are so humanlike (at least for resto). This and Ski's warlock are the only two CCs that I have been able to successfully use for extended periods in random BGs using HB2, and my hats off to you for it.

A couple suggestions that would make this CC even more like butter (for resto):
      - Incorporate Warstomp (Tauren racial) when surrounded by adds or when a melee target is casting and Wind Shear is on CD [EDIT: I saw him use Warstomp once or twice -- but I didn't really notice why]
      - Raise the priority of Riptide over LHW at low health -- I often see the bot casting a long heal and dying when a Riptide would have provided a quick instant heal with a HoT, not to mention providing the haste/spellpower buffs that may be present from set bonuses or a totem
      - Prioritize the casting of Earth Shield on yourself in BGs/world PVP instead of Water Shield
      - Perhaps add logic to re-drop Grounding Totem once it's been consumed and the cooldown is up
      - Minimize the casting of Chain Heal when there is only one target in range
      - Use Nature's Swiftness + Tidal Force + Healing Wave for an "oh shit" self-heal

Please note that I am very happy with the CC in its current state -- it helps set a standard for HB2 CCs -- but I'd love to see continuous improvement to make it even more robust.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
    8. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

nice to see you back in action bobby
      it was time :p

9. shizbizz

shizbizz New Member

awesome. thanks for finally uploading it! testing now. will post back with results

10. Morga

Morga Member

Ugh what did I do wrong, my shammy is only dropping 2 totems even though I have all 4 for enchancement in the bar and she is level 32 :/

Morga

11. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the feedback jay and the substantive critique. Responded to each point below...

Warstomp is cast when either health or mana is below the Emergency threshhold setting ( defaults are health-35%, mana-15%) and atleast 1 attacker in melee range. I agree there are other opportunities to use. I'll add support to use it as an interrupt for melee targets when Fast Kill style is selected, and retain it as a low-health defensive mechanism when in survival mode. Let me know if you have other thoughts on this.

Excellent points. Both of those are in the current version, but only when healing other characters. There is also a hole in the current logic which falls incorrectly through to LHW as you describe. For self-heals, its using the same logic for Resto it does for Enhancement/Elemental which lack the Nature's Swiftness/Riptide support. A bit of a miss... I'll make sure its supported for self-heals as well in next release.

Agreed. In next release for Resto.

Agreed. In next release for Resto.

Agreed. I'll look at that for next release.

12. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

You didn't do anything wrong. The design philosophy is that in solo 1v1 fights, there isn't enough return on investment for some of the totems relative to how much mana they cost. So currently in a 1v1 fight, your lvl 32 Enhancement Shaman should be dropping Strength of Earth and Windfury. It will additionally drop a Magma if you draw more than 1 melee add or Searing if Magma is on cooldown.

The bar totems are cast when Call of the Earth is used when no totems exist and you are in a stressful fight (defined as multiple mobs at once, a char 3+ level higher, an elite, or an opposing faction player on a pvp realm.) They are also always cast in battlegrounds.

In looking at this to answer your question, I do see the potential need for a revision. I'll be monitoring the forums for more feedback in this area.

Thank you for your post!

13. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks Tony. Good to be back! You guys have done some absolutely amazing stuff while I was gone.

14. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

pernil90, I didn't notice this in testing but will respec my Shaman and look into it tonight and get back to you.

15. tamngoman

tamngoman New Member

MOB ID # 24601 (Steam Rager)
      They are immune to frost shock.
      Is there anyway we can manually change it to earth shock?

16. Morga

Morga Member

Well that would explain it :) Thanks for the reply ! now that I know everything is fine with Shamwow I'll continue on using it

Morga

17. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for the post with the immune info. I've added to the source and it will be part of the next release.

18. pernil90

pernil90 New Member

Thank you for looking into it, i assume it would improve the performance of my shaman alot.

19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

It is working on my installation. Need you to do the following for me to do anything further.

1. Close HonorBuddy
      2. Delete the contents of your HonorBuddy\LOGS folder
      3. Start HonorBuddy
      4. Choose CC Configuration from the General Settings tab
      5. Make sure the Debug Output setting is checked,
      6. Close the ShamWOW Options window
      7. Bot in same situation for a few minutes that created the no Stormstrike issue.
      8. Stop HonorBuddy
      8. Reply in this thread and Attach the LOG file you just created.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
    20. Exmortem

Exmortem Community Developer

Heya, the title says RAF healbot but when i'm using 1.9.2.1 and try this CC with RAF i'm getting this error in the debug log.

Code:
      [8:41:08 AM:455] There is no Initialize() in this cc.

Is it just not supported yet?

Edit: Im sorry, ignore the question. Getting into combat prompted some action - still testing.
      Edit 2: Wow, I neglected to see the Healbot.txt that came in the zip file. Bad me!

Last edited: May 29, 2010
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.