• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Some general pointers for a noob?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Legion, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Legion

Legion New Member

Hello everyone!

I just recently bought Honorbuddy and I am very pleased with my purchase :)
      But as I am new to botting and not that tech savvy in general, I would like some other players to help me with some inputs of what I can change and what I should be doing differently.

I am using the default CC singular for my warrior, and I am using fpsware for my druid, they both sometimes get "stuck" on flight paths - that is were they run up to the flightmaster and opens the window, then they do nothing after that.
      I am using Kick's mega leveling profile, and that just plain rocks! I would never have imagined a bot being able to quest for me!! Some of the quests they get stuck on, but that was in the describtion when I downloaded the profile (fx a furbolg ear quest in ashenvale - horde), so nothing wrong here, I just turn off the bot and do it manually :)

Some questions I have:
      I saw some talk of HB using memory injections, and that that is detectable by warden - would that not make the bot highly detectable? Is there any ways I can influence the level of risk there is with botting (I dont want to get banned as you might have guessed) apart from when and for how long you bot, and if you quest and if there are loads of people nearby?
      The "getting stuck at FPs" thing, is that a bot thing, an error I have made in config, or is it a kicks profile script?
      Is there a way to set my char to train skinning when in town? I would suppose that would require more scripting in the profile, so I am close to sure I cant do that, but just wanted to ask to be sure.
      Is there a way to distinguish between what kind of white quality items the bot keeps? I dont need a bunch of Ice Cold Milk in my bags etc.
      Also as I have very limited bag space, is there a way to increase the frequency mailing my banker the skins and herbs etc?
      How usefull is the anti-drown plugin compared to how obvious it is that it is a bot running? I mean you jump every second of being in water most of the time, who does that?
      I have sharp jump plugin installed apart from the default ones, are there any other really usefull/mandatory ones I should use?
      With regards to autoequip and my druid, it refuses to use a 2h mace with higher dps than the current staff, how do I customize it so that it actually uses better weapons when it gets them? I mean, it sure equip ugrades in gearslots, but it seems to have a fetisch for staves rather than just using the best weapon?
      Is there any difference in the level of detectability whether I browse the internet and plays WC3 while I bot on the same computer, or should I use another computer and reserve this one for the bot?

Thanks alot in advance and sorry if the thread is misplaced
      Regards Jesper

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    2. Legion

Legion New Member

Bump/Maybe I put this in a wrong forum or the questions are too stupid since noone has responded?

3. thomas2k7

thomas2k7 New Member

I am by no means very good with HB, but I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1) Injection - Yes Honorbuddy uses injection, but the HB team has safeguards, for example the Tripwire actively monitors warden, if it detects warden scanning currently used offsets it will close active HB sessions, that way you lose HB for a little bit, but not your botting account(s).

2) Flight paths - Flight paths have been buggy for as long as I have been using HB, (early cata) they seem to be hit and miss, sometimes they work, in my opinion it is best to just turn them off, yes it may take a little while longer, but you will get to where you need eventually.

3)Skinning - to train your professions it would be best to look into a Botbase called ProfessionBuddy coded by highvoltz, it is an outstanding piece of work and you have extensive control in creating advanced HB profiles.

4) Item Quality - HB doesn't currently have the ability to distinguish between items of the same quality to pick up and not pick up, to set a current item to be destroyed I would advise an addon such as LootFilter or Trashcan

5) Mailing - Mailing should be determined within the specific profile, usually it is set to mail to an alt when it has less than 4 free bag slots, though you can always change this yourself

6) Anti-drown - I personally don't use anti-drown due to it looking quite botish, and the fact of if something bugs out and it goes right off the continent, i would rather it die quickly and rez at the graveyard and just wait out the sickness.

7) mandatory plugins - I wouldn't say there are any mandatory plugins, it is all up to the specific botter as to what plugins (s)he uses, just find the ones that fit your needs, they have more than likely already been created.

8) AutoEquip - I personally don't use AutoEquip any more due to the mistakes it can sometimes make, i personally use the Zygors guide addon, and use the equip new gear function to have the most appropriate gear for my character.

9) Detectability - browsing another window while having HB running on your computer has absolutely no effect on how detectable it is, though you may want to check on it from time to time to check if it is stuck etc.

Well thanks for taking the time to read and i hope i answered your questions
      thomas2k7

4. brainAbuddy

brainAbuddy Active Member

what you sai about mailing it not 100% true
      it's depends an how the profile is setup
      <minfreebagslots>1</Minfreebagslot>
      this is from tje profile from Gatherit and i think he has used zaprecorder
      because why should you set it to 4 ? he doesn't pickup anymore stuff when you have 4 so if you set it to 1 you have 3 more slots
      10 times mailing is 30 slots

8)zygor guide use allot of RAM so if you have an bot Pc with an few accounts an doesn't realy affect but if yo use an virtualbox (like me) it's beter to use AutoEquip because you use less RAM

5. Legion

Legion New Member

Thanks alot for the answers! That helped me out quite a bit :D
      With regards to flight paths, if I use a premade profile, will these be a nessecary part of it? It seemed so when I turned it off, it still ran to the flight masters and got stuck because the bot did not know what to do next.

And with the tripwire shutting down the bot, when do I know it is safe to start the bot back up?

I did not seem to be able to find where I changed the amount of free bag space in the bot config/settings and tools, am I looking the wrong place?
      Also, it seems the bot checks free space AFTER it has sold the greys (am still in the process of leveling), is there a way to change this around? It would be nice if it did not go to quest with bags 90 % filled with whites for my bank alt :)

RAM should not be the problem, so will check out the zygor addon asap, thanks alot again both of you!