• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • SpellCastInfo.Name broken on some enemies/abilities?

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Ichiba, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

I am trying to track down how to fix a problem with some code I'm using to interrupt enemy abilities. Sorry if this is a little long.

Here is the code I am using to cast an interrupt and determine if it's needed

Code:
      Spell.Cast("Blunt Arrow", r => settings.UseInterrupt && settings.Interrupt.Contains(((BattleCharacter)Core.Player.CurrentTarget).SpellCastInfo.Name))
      If a setting is true, and the spell a monster is using is found, it casts blunt arrow. However, on some enemies and abilities it seems to be having some problems. I sat with a Wind Sprite attacking me with Aero in my interrupt list and it worked just as it should. It casted Blunt Arrow to interrupt Aero, and did other abilities if it wasn't or if UseInterrupt was false.

Then I went into Stone Vigil Hard mode, and every enemy ability there would cause the routine to stop until the enemy finished using their ability.

I tried out this code in the console to see if I could find what was happening
      Code:
      Log(((BattleCharacter)Core.Player.CurrentTarget).SpellCastInfo.Name);
      On the Wind Sprite, it returns nothing if the sprite isn't casting, and Aero when the sprite is casting Aero. On the enemies in Stone Vigil Hard, it would usually log nothing if they weren't casting, but when they were casting, I got this

Code:
      System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
         at Driver.Run() in c:\Users\redacted\Desktop\RebornBuddy\Plugins\RebornConsole\Temp\151f0zh1.0.cs:line 36
         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
         at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
         at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
         at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
         at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
         at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args)
         at HighVoltz.CodeDriver.CompileAndRun(String input) in c:\Users\redacted\Desktop\RebornBuddy\Plugins\RebornConsole\RebornConsole.cs:line 452
      Is my code wrong? Is SpellCastInfo.Name broken? How can I make this work consistently?

2. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

Try using SpellCastInfo.SpellData.Name instead of just SpellCastInfo.Name

3. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

No.

Get me the action id for spells that are broken.

Code:
      Log(((BattleCharacter)Core.Player.CurrentTarget).SpellCastInfo.ActionId);
      Edit:
      Also get the actiontype please

Code:
      Log(((BattleCharacter)Core.Player.CurrentTarget).SpellCastInfo.ActionType);

4. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Here's a quick list of what I've found so far.

Haranguing Harrier
      Dragon's Blood
      Spell

Jura Aevis
      Strident Scream
      Spell

Watch Wyvern
      Deadly Drive
      Spell

Giruveganus
      ????? (None of these abilities have cast bars or visible names)
      Spell

Gorynich
      Rake
      Spell
      Swynge
      Spell

I won't speculate on why this is happening as you surely know better than I do, but it seems like every ability at least 2200+ is affected.

5. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, found the issue. Fixed for the next version. Probably going to release with tomorrows patch.

6. Ichiba

Ichiba New Member

Awesome. Thanks for the quick work.